Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

LRB

LRB

Hi.

I have a fairly important workout scheduled for this morning, but my legs (specifically my hamstrings) are not all that happy with me right now. I am thus torn on what to do.

I suppose I could just start jogging towards the track and if things open up jump into it. If not then I will just run at easy pace in circles around it FFS.

Anyway, what's shakin' bacon?

Cyberic

SRD

I find it incredible but I actually need it.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore Achilles. WTF??? I wore my marathon shoes on yesterday's run, so I was thinking maybe the drop is not enough, so I think I'll wear the Riders for the marathon, yeah but they're heavier, and so on... then I changed my position in the bed and the pain was gone. I see onemile smiling from here.

I do have a tight hammy, just below my injured butt. That has been recurring soreness for the past 12-13 weeks, and I thought the lowered taper mileage would fix it, but it's not. I would have liked to step on the starting line completely sore-free, but I guess that won't happen.

Weather forecast is indicating lower temps than it was yesterday. Highs in the high 60s instead of low 70s. So there's that.

StepbyStep-SH

9 miles this morning - first and last 2 by myself, 5 in the middle with the group.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

0 again. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.

Dave

From the Internet.

Another 3.5 for me this morning. Was chilly when I first stepped out the door, perfect running weather today.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Yeah, the spelling/pronunciation of Wednesday is horrible, along with many other words in the English language. lol

Skipped my morning run, because sleep.  Speed/hills this evening with the group, actually looking forward to it, weird. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Wennsday!  Speaking of legs being not all that happy, I have a hard progression run on The Plan today.  However, Coach has given me the green light to FTS if my legs don't feel up to it.  So, we shall see.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

7.1 here... including 2/3 of Sunday's 10K course.  With three miles of what we'll call tempo pace, on said course.

WHY AM I GOING TO SUBJECT MYSELF TO THAT HORROR AGAIN?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Wednesday is an awful word for me. I need to say it out loud as in wed-nes-day before I can spell it properly. I also do not like the word lackadaisical. Not that I have to say or write it often, but I do not like it. Aside from that, I think English is a fun language. Not as beautiful as French or Spanish, but it's witty and practical. I like that.

So, today is my birthday and I only mention it because, after teasing Dave about his new AG, and since I'm about to do the same to Damaris on the 20th, I think it's only fair to expose myself to your derision. So go ahead, make fun of me... Yes, today I turn 50, and gone are the bikinis, the running bras, and the mini-skirts. I promise that from now on, I will behave in a way that befits my venerable age.

I also want to thank you all, and the sport of running as well, for the last 7 years spent in your company. You have all contributed to making my 40s the most fun and exciting decade of my life and I hope it continues well into my 50s. So here's to friendship and running! 

For my birthday, my SO bought me a giant fan for running in the garage. Just in time for winter! He also bought me a new black dress and new shoes, but he doesn't know it yet. He'll find out at the end of the month when he gets the statement. Big grin It's just what I needed to fit my new conservative fashion style.

14 miles coming up soon. I took the day off.

50 wrinkles for my 50 years, but the happy calves of an experienced runner. I think that's a fair trade-off.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Happy Birthday Lily!!!  Who says you have to be conservative because you hit 50?  That's nonsense!  I say wear what makes you happy no matter your age! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Happy Birthday, lily!!  OWN that new age group!

<3

happylily

Thank you, guys!!! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

SRD

I find it incredible but I actually need it.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore Achilles. WTF??? I wore my marathon shoes on yesterday's run, so I was thinking maybe the drop is not enough, so I think I'll wear the Riders for the marathon, yeah but they're heavier, and so on... then I changed my position in the bed and the pain was gone. I see onemile smiling from here.

I do have a tight hammy, just below my injured butt. That has been recurring soreness for the past 12-13 weeks, and I thought the lowered taper mileage would fix it, but it's not. I would have liked to step on the starting line completely sore-free, but I guess that won't happen.

Weather forecast is indicating lower temps than it was yesterday. Highs in the high 60s instead of low 70s. So there's that.

Taper madness! All of it.  Have you had a short easy run that you could barely finish yet? Once you have, you'll have completed the process and be ready to kick some butt on Sunday!

bluerun

Super B****

Happy birthday, lily!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog