Beginners and Beyond

Sink or Swim WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

It's been 16 long ass days since my last run and while I've never returned from injury at 100%, in this particular case it would be nice if I were. I'm not however but at some point you just gotta jump in, so away we go!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. i didn't run yesterday cause I was lazy. 5 to ight.

LRB, sorry. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Here's to a satisfactory run for LRB - you never know.

Today is an easy 4 on my schedule - and I need an easy 4.

Another quality workout tomorrow that will not be easy.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not feeling nearly as sore as yesterday, but still feeling it nonetheless. ...

I did hit the gym this morning for Back Day

No automatic alt text available.

I've got a 5k trail race Friday night, so I definitely won't be doing and leg/butt work between now and then. But we'll see how I feel Saturday morning, and if I do, the sets will be cut in half.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's been 16 long ass days since my last run and while I've never returned from injury at 100%, in this particular case it would be nice if I were. I'm not however but at some point you just gotta jump in, so away we go!

This runner's knee is pissing me off, if it were anything else I would probably just be dong some easy runs but not with this.....

Not being able to fully extend my leg, not being able to bend it all the way.... fucking aggravating...

I'm hoping I can at least do the 5k trail race this Friday night, haven't ran since last Thursday and that was the only run that week.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.5 mostly dark miles.  This is turning into a habit, again.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Morning. i didn't run yesterday cause I was lazy. 5 to ight.

LRB, sorry. Sad

Why are you sorry?? I haven't failed, yet. lol

LRB

This runner's knee is pissing me off, if it were anything else I would probably just be dong some easy runs but not with this.....

Not being able to fully extend my leg, not being able to bend it all the way.... fucking aggravating...

I'm hoping I can at least do the 5k trail race this Friday night, haven't ran since last Thursday and that was the only run that week.....

Well you probably shouldn't be doing leg extensions and leg curls then.

delicate flower

Good luck with your run today, LRB.

I had an uneventful 2200 yard swim before work...mostly easy, some hard.  The next time I swim it'll be in a race.  Speaking of race, I've got a three mile run later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Why are you sorry?? I haven't failed, yet. lol

Sorry about the number of days you have not run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well you probably shouldn't be doing leg extensions and leg curls then.

^ This.  It might even be causing it or aggravating it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Sorry about the number of days you have not run.

I think Z termed it best; the only thing worse than running is not running. lol

Docket_Rocket

I think Z termed it best; the only thing worse than running is not running. lol

Don't I know that.  See the smile on my face in my new profile picture here?  No matter how slow I am now, it's way better to have a working knee and run and than limping in pain and not.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

5 very slow.

Dave

LRB

Don't I know that.  See the smile on my face in my new profile picture here?  No matter how slow I am now, it's way better to have a working knee and run and than limping in pain and not.

Indeed. We are running lifers here, this bunch.