Beginners and Beyond

Hey, don't forget that other thing ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

What up doe peeps!

So many people are talking about this mythical 40 degree weather that we are supposed to get tomorrow, that many are forgetting that there is a day to live today.

I can understand the excitement as it is currently 9 degrees, but as weather goes nothing is guaranteed, and that 40 degrees just may be accompanied by another damn snow storm so tread lightly and carry a big shovel. lol

I am going into work late this morning.  Why is that you ask?  Because I am heading over to my loop to get some frozen miles in of course!

What about you?

delicate flower

...that there is a day to live today.

I disagree.  I'll spend most of today sitting in meetings.  If that isn't enough to just suck the will to live out of anyone, I don't know what is.  I have about an hour until that fun begins.  I should probably prepare.

Anyway, I ran yesterday.  8 miles of speedwork on the treadmill.  4 x 1 mile at 10K pace with 1 mile recoveries.  7:35 avg pace for the run.  That was a hard workout.   I took a breather for a few minutes then did two more easy miles to get me to 10 for the day.  7-9ish easy miles planned for today.

Have a great day, kids!

<3

happylily

Good morning, gentlemen!

Have on good run on your loop, LRB!

Baboon, 1600m 10k intervals are tough, great job! Try not to close your eyes during the meeting. People take pictures of everything and everyone nowadays.

7 recovery miles this morning. Another off day and it looks like tomorrow will be off as well.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a pleasant, brisk fun.

Phil, enjoy your easy run.

Lily, excellent early-morning seven.

I'm happyhappyhappy. Earlier this morning, I ran along my old weekday-morning route for the first time in more than two months. 6.35 miles in 1:00:12. 9:29 pace. I finished shortly after sunrise. Seeing the sky go from barely dusky to bright and sunny was quite a treat.

happylily

Basya, it sounds lovely. Great job! I read your post last night about the parent who was late picking up his child. Do you teach?

Morning people. I am more with Baboon as far as living today. I will be in a car driving for 5 hours mostly through :shudder: Canada. Deadly dull, desolate landscape. No offence Lily or Beth, I am talking about Ontario.

Anyhoo, started it off with 9 miles on the hotel treadmill, with the middle 5 at tempo. I have been doing 8/4, but decided to squeeze in an extra one. And decided to grab a carton of chocolate milk from the breakfast buffet on the way back to my room, since everyone raves about its recovery powers. I don't know about that, but it is certainly yummy.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Biking tonight.

Live today for sure.  You never know if tomorrow is fucked up. At least that is my motto.  

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DaveP MI, have a safe drive. Great job doing nine miles this morning. How do you decide how many to do at tempo.

Damaris, enjoy your ride.

Tomorrow *will* be effed up. What remain unknown are who will eff up and who'll bring the drinks.

happylily

No offence taken, Dave. Quebec is worse than Ontario regarding the state of roads and the scenery is even more boring. New Brunswick is beautiful, though. Beth's land makes up for the blandness of Quebec and Ontario. Stop at a Tim Horton's if you can and have a coffee and a warm soup in our honour.  Have a safe trip!

StepbyStep-SH

Basya started the day with a gorgeous run, Dave started with chocolate milk, I had blueberry pancakes!

Midday run/workout after I do some errands around town. Hoping to run 8-9 miles, then I will do an hour strength training class if my arm/shoulder feel OK. I did something to it earlier this week, but this morning I seem to have nearly full range of motion back without pain.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning! I'm enjoying a slower day with the dogs and cats. I'm keeping up with work from home today and will take our newer dog in for a check up with the vet later. Tonight is our weekly beer run which is always a highlight of the week.

I'm glad the weather is starting to break for some of you. It's spring-like here and I'm enjoying every moment!

Zelanie

Uh oh, I'm looking ahead at my plan and I have those 1600s at 10K pace coming up in a few weeks.

Yesterday's workout, on the other hand, was awesome.  It was 5 x 1200 at 2 sec/lap slower than goal 10K pace.   Theoretically, goal pace would have been based on my race last weekend, but since I don't feel like that was a good test of my current fitness, I decided to be more aggressive.  So, I aimed for an 8:17 pace for my intervals, and took .25 mile recoveries.

I have to say that pace felt really good.  It didn't take a lot of concentration to hold, and I could focus on really dialing in the pace.  The result? 8:17, 8:17, 8:16. 8:17, 8:13 (cause why not? Smile ).  Or, if you want time instead of pace, I ran them in 6:12, 6:13, 6:12, 6:13, 6:10.  Then I got home and looked up the same workout that I did last year.  8:45 was my target pace for that one.  So I may be able to bring my times down quite a bit in this spring's races.  I hope, anyway.

Stop at a Tim Horton's if you can 

"If I can"? Where the hell else is there to stop? We actually have a ton of them in Detroit now as well. And of course I did stop for lunch there on the way over, although hopefully I will find other options. I have done this drive a million times, and there are a couple "Service Centres" I shoot for, but sometimes my timing is off & I need to stop at the nearest Tim's. I still prefer Starbucks coffee, but I will put Tim's ahead of Dunkin Donuts (awaiting response from the New Englandahs).

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Dave, I once had the pleasure of driving through Ontario once. We were driving up for a fly-in fishing trip, out of Sioux Lookout. I think it was the first time I've seen trees grow out of solid rock. It's crazy stuff. I bet you're going through the eastern portion of Ontario, and I'm referring to the western portion. If Ontario is anything, it is HUGE. It's sort of a neat fact, MN (my birthplace) is land of 10,000 lakes. They call Ontario the land of 200,000 lakes (I think it's closer to 250,000). It's just incredible nature up there.

AFM, 5 Easy miles on the TM. I see some good weather coming. I might actually do my LR this weekend outside. We shall see. Smile

- Andrew

happylily

"If I can"? Where the hell else is there to stop? We actually have a ton of them in Detroit now as well. And of course I did stop for lunch there on the way over, although hopefully I will find other options. I have done this drive a million times, and there are a couple "Service Centres" I shoot for, but sometimes my timing is off & I need to stop at the nearest Tim's. I still prefer Starbucks coffee, but I will put Tim's ahead of Dunkin Donuts (awaiting response from the New Englandahs).

Jeeze, you're one cranky old man...  I was just trying to be friendly. I feel sorry for the women in your household. And sorry about your trip in hell. Oh and please report to the Passive Aggressive thread in L&O.