Beginners and Beyond

Wake Up Mondailies (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Yo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Feeling much better and at the office.,  Actually eating breakfast so we will see soon, ha.

5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

delicate flower

Yo.

What it go, Chumley!

I skipped my swim this morning so Wife could sleep in.  Figured I could use the extra shuteye as well.  Will run later!

I've got to go Atlanta for work next week, which sucks about having to travel for work, but it will be great to get out of the office for a week.  My training class ends Friday but I am staying until Saturday because there just so happens to be a HM close by Saturday morning that I decided to run.  How convenient!   

<3

LRB

Today marks the first of three consecutive Mondays I will be off from work.

I'll be visiting my tax chick then doing an hour of guided core and strength work at the center. After that, I'll drop off some plans that I've been reviewing, try to find a new tablet, then pay for and arrange for my new couch to be delivered, as I have had it with that thing I have now. #busybusy

delicate flower

then pay for and arrange for my new couch to be delivered

Wife and I will be buying new living room furniture as soon as the cats are no longer with us.  The cats are 15 but will probably live to 25 just to spite us.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wife and I will be buying new living room furniture as soon as the cats are no longer with us.  The cats are 15 but will probably live to 25 just to spite us.

We got new carpet when our dog was 10. She lived to 15 and had bladder issues. So much for the new carpet.

delicate flower

We got new carpet when our dog was 10. She lived to 15 and had bladder issues. So much for the new carpet.

We've got hardwood floors but put down cheap carpet runners and area rugs all over the place so the dog could get around easier.  Of course the cats think some of those rugs are litter boxes.  So, those will get replaced as well.  Oddly enough the dog and the prior dog never soiled the rugs except for the rare accident.

<3

Coastal

Docket:  Glad you're feeling better.  Kids at work have been getting sick and a school nearby closed because of the flu.  Got my fingers crossed.

Good morning.  Failed to post yesterday after my run was a fail for a double fail, but got to watch some cool Olympic competition.  Tweaked my knee vacuuming then bailed on my run when it started bugging.  Might have to take a couple days off due to meetings for a major cutback week anyway.

hog4life

We just got a new sectional, new floors, and carpet all within the past year. I kind of wish we went with hardwood floors, but instead we got a laminate. It looks great, and feels great, but it has this "hollow" sound when you walk on it, it's weird.

After being on a 7-day schedule since basically last summer, my body still thinks Mondays are rest days. It was in total rebellion this morning, and I could barely put one foot in front of the other at the start. Plodded though 4 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

We've got hardwood floors but put down cheap carpet runners and area rugs all over the place so the dog could get around easier.  Of course the cats think some of those rugs are litter boxes.  So, those will get replaced as well.  Oddly enough the dog and the prior dog never soiled the rugs except for the rare accident.

This is why we don't have rugs anywhere in the house.  Apart from the fact that they would throw on them, they love doing the but thing all over carpets too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run commute day. Left with normal shoes, no spikes. Bad choice. After yesterday's freezing rain, and with today's temps below freezing point, it was interesting? in parts of my run.

Regarding Eric's question yesterday as to whether I was going back to Pfitz: not right now.

Last cycle I bought a McMillan custom plan online, and ended up with a huge PR/BQ. There were no doubt a number of factors, but not gonna mess with success. Going back to the same plan for my next marathon at end of April. Last week was week 1. Will tweak some things, as (1) there were some races built in that are not happening this time, (2) last time I pushed the high end of the recommended ranges on everything; this time I will be more conservative at least to start as I am still somewhat in injury comeback mode.

Dave

LRB

I'll be visiting my tax chick then doing an hour of guided core and strength work at the center. 

Last year I owed 5k, so far this year I'm working with a refund of $113.00. That should go up once I submit expense reports and the like so, WIN.

She did a comparison for next year and thanks to the new tax cut (allegedly), that $113 refund will explode to 3100 freaking dollars.