Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday, February 2 (Read 45 times)

LRB

'Sup.

My legs are tight and sore as hell from doing them stupid lunges yesterday, and it reminds me why I always stop doing them once the season kicks in; I hate running like that! But history will repeat itself if I choose to drift away from them again (in the form of injury), so this is a feeling I am going to have to get used to running with, sigh.

'Sup?

Cyberic

Hi,

Today is 5K speed day, but I think I'll do Lactate Threshold work as it is not as fast and my body (right leg) is taking a beating from running fast on that stupid square 190m track. The turns are absolute killers. It'll be a last minute call.

bluerun

Super B****

I wore something other than big fluffy pillows for shoes this morning for the first time since my calcaneal stress fracture.  I've missed that.  It was so nice to feel the ground beneath my feet instead of... fluff.  Too bad one of them decided to come untied less than two minutes into a mile repeat... I stopped to tie it.  Because I'm not about to risk tripping over a shoelace.

6.32, with three miles at or below the pace that would make me happy at this weekend's race.  I don't remember it feeling that hard.  It probably did and that part of the memory has faded with time.

And can I just say that this whole "wake up at 3 AM and stay awake until 430" thing is not funny anymore?!?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  February 2nd?  I guess Christmas is officially over in PR, boo.  In Palm Beach court all morning. 7 miles planned for tonight after Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good morning

LRB

Too bad one of them decided to come untied less than two minutes into a mile repeat... I stopped to tie it.  Because I'm not about to risk tripping over a shoelace.

Double tie your shoes so that they're slightly snug when you run (or loose if you prefer that), but enough so you can slide them on and off relatively easy. Then don't untie them again, ROAR!

delicate flower

Hello now then!  Swim completed before work:  Masters group workout.  2300 yards total.  The highlight was 2 x 500 yards, which are long intervals that I have not done.  A couple a months ago I would have fallen apart in that second one, if I was able to complete it at all.  This morning was no problem though.  I could gone longer.  Pretty happy at the progress I am making.  I've got an hour of pedaling to do tonight, which I'll do outside if the weather holds up.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Double tie your shoes so that they're slightly snug when you run (or loose if you prefer that), but enough so you can slide them on and off relatively easy. Then don't untie them again, ROAR!

They were triple knotted!!  I'm probably wearing these shoes for the race.  I am going to double, triple, quadruple knot... until I run out of lace. 

chasing the impossible

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

I need to post more. Smile  First week of training went well, 60 miles, first b2b weekend, 20 on Sat, 12 on Sun.  Doing a fun race this coming weekend, five races actually.  Going with some friends to Tybee Island, GA, 5k Fri evening, then on Sat it's a 10k followed immediately by a half, then later in the day there are two beach runs, 2.8 miles and then 1 mile.  All five races total 26.2 miles.  Should be interesting, I've never done consecutive races like that before.  Winner of the mile race last year ran a 7:32, I guess that's probably a good indicator of the level of fatigue at that point. LOL

8.5 done this morning in some crazy fog.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

The database change is affecting a lot of things under the surface.

I ran 8 tonight, 6 with the Monday group and 2 extra.  The normally quiet bike path was full of cops and cop cars as they were looking for some creepy dude up there.  One guy was very eager to run up to the top of the hill to help find him (runners ).  We headed down the path and ran into more cops who were talking to the creepy dude.

Also, my new Garmin has V02 Max calculation and race predictions.  It seems to think I'm a major sandbagger- every single race prediction it has is faster than my PR for the distance.

I don't know anyone that's gets an accurate race predictor off that stupid thing. For me, the 5k has been the best predictor of equivalent race times, except for the marathon, of course.

LRB

They were triple knotted!!  I'm probably wearing these shoes for the race.  I am going to double, triple, quadruple knot... until I run out of lace. 

Well there's the problem then! When done properly, double knotting is all you need.

bluerun

Super B****

Well there's the problem then! When done properly, double knotting is all you need.

I fail at life.

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was surprised that my legs weren't sore at all this morning during my run, I was really expecting to be slow and sluggish after the 19 mile run Sunday but nope. I only ran 6.4 miles, I wanted 7-8 but Dorian was very restless this morning when I left so I didn't want to be gone too long. If it's not too windy or raining this afternoon I will take him for a 1-2 mile run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I fail at life.

Well, at least you're good at something.

Nice workout, that middle mile is impressive!

bluerun

Super B****

Well, at least you're good at something.

Nice workout, that middle mile is impressive!

Downhill!!  Though apparently the last time I did this workout, I ran that mile in 6:60.  (No, I'm not making that up... that's what it says in Garmin Connect.)

chasing the impossible