Beginners and Beyond

Breaking the lazy STREAK. (Read 102 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've been about as inconsistent as could be lately with my running.  Earlier in the year I was consistently running 5 days a week, then 4 days, then 3 days, and you get the picture....  This morning I saw a FB event for a holiday streak which calls for running at least 1 mile per day, every day in December.  I "joined" the event immediately and will use the challenge to right my program.  I plan to start Monday morning (11/25/13) and go at least to New Years Day.  I will post here daily to keep myself honest and accountable.

Feel free to join in if you'd like.

General encouragement welcomed!  Smile

Harsh criticism accepted if I fail.   Black eye

*edit: Just for clarification, the 1 mile is an absolute minimum.  There is a 2.5 mile loop in our neighborhood that I plan to do daily.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

These days, my streaks are counted in continuous miles run, not days.   Roll eyes

Good luck, the 1 mile a day minimum sounds doable.

Zelanie

Good luck, Robert!  Don't forget to check in with us to let us know how it's going! Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

11/25/13

Day 1  -   2.13 miles done.

Antipodean

I've been really inconsistent since my first half two months ago, but a lot of that is due to life - a trip to Japan, a school camp, lots of work and some family stuff too. I'd love to give this a try, but last time I tried to streak I only made 6 days. How pathetic is that? I'm worried that my body will need a day off. I guess that's the one mile days.

I will think about starting a streak from the start of December, perhaps.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Love the Half

I'm not a huge fan of streaks but they can be useful as a means to break out of the doldrums.  I've been in a slump since my marathon two weeks ago.  Last week, I was sore and didn't run much but that was intentional.  This past week, I was just lazy.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RSX

Give us some more info on you so that we can heckle. Just kidding good luck.

PADRunner

There is a streak on here as well. Thanksgiving to New Years.

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck Robert!  I did it last year and it definitely helped keep me motivated.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Count me in. I went for a run today.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Day 2 ....  2.11 miles

Robert31320

Team TJ

Well, day 3 was a bust due to rain.

Got back at it this morning and got in 4.6 miles.  Like I said, it's more about the discipline than the streak.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Another 3.4 in the books.

Nevrgivup

I think this is a good idea when in a slump. I just finished HM 4 and have been sort of in one myself.  For me, it helps to have races to look forward to. I try to sign up for aa many as my schedule will allow in a six month span. Good luck! This my friend is a great reason to buy more running gear.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

I think this is a good idea when in a slump. I just finished HM 4 and have been sort of in one myself.  For me, it helps to have races to look forward to. I try to sign up for aa many as my schedule will allow in a six month span. Good luck! This my friend is a great reason to buy more running gear.

Exactly what I've been looking for this morning.  3 weeks ago, it was no more HMs for me.  I think I've found my next one...