Beginners and Beyond

Feel Good SunDailies (Read 22 times)

.... I hope I didn’t just jinx myself๐Ÿ˜ฎ

3.5 dirt bumps, felt good and still feel good

WORKDAY for me

even though I don’t technically have to wear a mask at work, I’m going to continue to wear one until half the people stop wearing them

Docket_Rocket

Morning. 8 this morning in rainy, sunny, all sorts of weather. 

36 for the week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Got to the race and saw a mat being set up in an odd place.  They said it was the finish.  I pointed out the map had the finish elsewhere.  They shrugged.  During warmups I found mistaken route tape on the course and mentioned it to the RD.  She shrugged.  The RD opted not to direct traffic at a key turn and the race leaders went the wrong way.  So, advertised as a certified 5k with link to the certification, set up as a 4.5k thanks to inept course marking (they missed a loop mid-race too), and run as a 4.1k.  A volunteer after the finish told people they needed to run a loop around the ball field to go a full 5k.  What a farce.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

LRB

even though I don’t technically have to wear a mask at work

I do. I recieved this notice this morning:

"At this time, the requirement for employees to wear a mask upon entering and moving about a facility remains unchanged.

It is not feasible to validate whether every employee and member of the public is fully vaccinated and this presents a risk to our employees' health. Also, none of the vaccines are 100% effective in preventing a COVID 19 infection and we are aware of instances where fully-vaccinated individuals have contracted COVID 19..."

I'm cool with it. I know many who won't be though...

LRB

Got to the race and saw a mat being set up in an odd place.  They said it was the finish.  I pointed out the map had the finish elsewhere.  They shrugged.  During warmups I found mistaken route tape on the course and mentioned it to the RD.  She shrugged.  The RD opted not to direct traffic at a key turn and the race leaders went the wrong way.  So, advertised as a certified 5k with link to the certification, set up as a 4.5k thanks to inept course marking (they missed a loop mid-race too), and run as a 4.1k.  A volunteer after the finish told people they needed to run a loop around the ball field to go a full 5k.  What a farce.

Things are slowly getting back to normal.

Seriously though, that sucks. ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Cyberic

A farce, indeed!

I ran 10 easy on the mountain. 82.6 for the week, because 7 days.

Docket_Rocket

I do. I recieved this notice this morning:

"At this time, the requirement for employees to wear a mask upon entering and moving about a facility remains unchanged.

It is not feasible to validate whether every employee and member of the public is fully vaccinated and this presents a risk to our employees' health. Also, none of the vaccines are 100% effective in preventing a COVID 19 infection and we are aware of instances where fully-vaccinated individuals have contracted COVID 19..."

I'm cool with it. I know many who won't be though...

It is a reasonable policy to have. Otherwise, they will start getting spreads of the virus and have to shut down or send people to WFH and you know how some employers don't want to do that, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Fred, that sucks! RD, you had one job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Yo!  12 miles done.  7:10 pace.  Feels like summer is coming... This was a warm run.

<3

GinnyinPA

Fred - sorry that it was such a mess. I'm surprised they bothered to certify the course if that was their attitude.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles. Warm & humid today.  The Cicada Orgy is underway. Saw lots on the sidewalk & trees. I think this is the first time I've seen ones that just came out from underground and are sort of white-ish. So far the love bugs are quiet, once the orgy gets fully underway, all you hear are the damn things. As far as masks at work, I work in a healthcare/school setting, so it didn't apply. I also work in Baltimore City and their mayor & health commissioner are making decisions on what the local data says, so they still have an indoor mandate. When I drove down there Satiurday, people were still wearing them outside too (well, not all, plenty seen on national TV not wearing them).

Fred, that absoutely sucks about the race. Is it a company whose races you've done before?

For those not lucky enough to get the 17 year love fest, the varying forms of cicadas:

10 miles, 80 for the week.

Dave

Cyberic

Man! You're really putting it on this year so far!

sdWhiskers

Boom!

sdWhiskers

7 miles, with first min of every mile faster. Nice to break up an otherwise Sunday slog.

I've been having more close calls with vehicles lately. A sign that traffic is almost back to normal I guess. Gas was $4.29 yesterday, oof. Wish that would deter people from driving.