Beginners and Beyond

Feel Good SunDailies (Read 22 times)

delicate flower

10 miles, 80 for the week.

40 in three days.  Doin' work!

<3

GinnyinPA

There was a light sprinkle that started about 10 minutes into my run. It never got serious though, just spitting. I ran 6.8, making it 38.4 for the week.

HC - when we lived in MD during the last big cicada outbreak, it turned out to be something of a non-event where we lived. I've heard much worse when hiking in the mountains.

SDWhiskers - Now I don't feel quite as bad about our $3.39 gas

Docket_Rocket

Talking about cicadas, apparently they are coming out en masse here for the first time in a few years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Talking about cicadas, apparently they are coming out en masse here for the first time in a few 17 years.

Pay attention!

sdWhiskers

No changes to the CA mask mandate yet. Stopped at Target and 100% people had on masks.

There was a light sprinkle that started about 10 minutes into my run. It never got serious though, just spitting. I ran 6.8, making it 38.4 for the week.

HC - when we lived in MD during the last big cicada outbreak, it turned out to be something of a non-event where we lived. I've heard much worse when hiking in the mountains.

SDWhiskers - Now I don't feel quite as bad about our $3.39 gas

the cicadas and their noise, because of the 17 year cycle..,.newly developed land have nothing,  development 17-34 the tiniest amount, 35-51 a good bit more ... old and never developed Lang wicked loud.

I remember last time they were out and driving down the road and the sound would very by the age of the developments nearby

delicate flower

Stopped by mom's house this afternoon to drop something off and introduce her to the new dog.  Got a maskless mom hug, and per usual she sent me home with two candy bars.  lol...gotta love mom.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

HCK - Nope, haven't done a race with these people before, and now I won't in the future.

Ginny - I strongly suspect they did not get the course certified, but rather pulled a certified course from the USATF site to use for their race (only they didn't use it properly).

I'm over it now.  Looking forward to my 10k next week run by folks whose races I've done before.  Forecast for start time is 76º and sunny.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12