Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Hate Is A Strong Word... (Read 109 times)

Buenos días, dailies.

Rick, thanks for starting today's thread. I hope that people stop bringing the stupid.

Shari, have a great run.

Marjorie, I hope that your run goes well.

DaveP MI, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Damaris, good luck at the chiro's. Have fun running and lifting.

Phil, have a great day doing whatever you do.

Congratulations, MBC!

B-Plus, sweet dreams.

kristin10185, sweet run. Those can be wonderful pick-me-ups.

I decided to sleep a little longer than I'd planned, instead of running this morning. I'll do a slightly longer run, at least six miles, with the run club tonight and run after lifting tomorrow.

I still feel amazingSmile

StepbyStep-SH

Still no toolbox for me (and I'll assume no paragraph returns, either). Would you believe that the downpour stopped 3 minutes before I left for my run, and it stayed dry until I was about 50 yards from my door? Now the wind is blowing and steady rain again. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the rain, but the shoes I was wearing have already been totally soaked once, so I'm not sure how it would have effected them to be soaked again. Congrats to MBC on her Tri!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Figured I do my normal.....

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

A full day of court and now I have a headache. Bah. Basya, bringing the stupid, ha! I wish people would stop too. Shari, of course. It always starts raining when I go out and stops when I am done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning morning. Hubby and I had a rough night of sleep last night (he kept waking up thinking about his cousin, and I'm such a light sleeper that I was woken up by proximity) so I got some coffee from Wawa when I stopped for gas on my way to work (drinking that on top of the mug I had at home and the travel mug I brought with me). Then I came into work to approximately 73 FUCKING STUPID QUESTIONS from people who can't wipe their own asses 90% of the time, so that was a great start to my day. Anyway, 7 miles for me after work.
            LRB

What up doe! 7.5 easy miles done and I literally had to chastise myself to slow down several times during the last 3 miles. I gave some thought about what I am going to do for marathon training, and think I have that whole thing just about figured out. Busy day today, I'll check back later!
              Better I Leave

4.25 miles this morning on the TM. Going on vacation today so my next run will be at Ft. Irwin, CA (never ran in the high desert before...should be interesting.)
                Docket_Rocket

You will be far from San Francisco, right? Boo, hiss. Enjoy!

4.25 miles this morning on the TM. Going on vacation today so my next run will be at Ft. Irwin, CA (never ran in the high desert before...should be interesting.)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

What up doe! 7.5 easy miles done and I literally had to chastise myself to slow down several times during the last 3 miles. I gave some thought about what I am going to do for marathon training, and think I have that whole thing just about figured out. Busy day today, I'll check back later!

What marathon you doing? Client visit in NY today, so likely won't get home in time to do anything. We'll see. More rain on the way tomorrow, ugh.

Better I Leave

You will be far from San Francisco, right? Boo, hiss. Enjoy!

We will D. You're in for some nice cool weather out in "The City" this weekend. If you're going to be in SF, you should take some time to see the new Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park. Or just across the Golden Gate Bridge is Muir Woods...Simply awe inspiring... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muir_Woods_National_Monument
                      MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I'm definitely not awake and have no idea what tool box you speak of. But the lack of paragraphs makes my eyes hurt. Thanks for the congrats, kids. I should have started this tri thing 15 years ago when my body could take a beating. Know what? tris are hard. April - sorry for your family's loss. Go easy on the the helpless at work today Smile Oski - going to NY today? Oh man - now what am I doing to do for entertainment?! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                        Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning non-formatted dailies! Maybe the forum software is off taking the literal meaning from hump day? I did a 5 mile tempo run @ an 8:06 overall pace. Pretty good clip considering the first mile was around 9:20. I've been very fatigued for the past couple of weeks. Maybe it's the higher mileage, maybe it's just all of the training, maybe I have a vitamin deficiency somewhere. Who knows. Hopefully I find some energy somewhere.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm not seeing it either, and even when quoting someone their word box thing is screwed up. 6 miles this morning, with only 4 hours of sleep as the little minion is teething and demanding to sleep in bed with me. To make things more fun today, I find out after getting to work that my shorts are on inside out......... I need like extremely bold coffee dang it.

Morning! A short run after the chiro tonight. Maybe weights again. Am I the only one not seeing the tool box above the text box? I only have the text box.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning! I don't see the text box either, but at least I can use the "br" tag.

Trying not to throw myself a personal pity party about the knee, but it flared up again on yesterday's run, too. Actually, it had been going well. I could feel it, but it wasn't bad, but then I accidentally stopped the treadmill while messing with the buttons, and coming to a stop that quickly tweaked it. I started running again, and it hurt. I tried to walk it off for a bit and go back to a run, but it still hurt. So I only got in 3.4 yesterday.

I am just feeling like I'm not really making progress right now. I have PT today and I will talk about it with him. The things I'm thinking of are:

- Getting a patella strap

- Getting a sports massage (or chiro? never been to either)

- Getting a better foam roller

- Doing those single-leg squats on a downward slope that Dr. Google seems to recommend

But I don't necessarily want to throw all of that at it at once, because I won't know what's working. But I'm feeling impatient!

Hip Redux

Oh sure, Zel, go ahead and be an overachiever and self-format your post! Making the rest of us look like an unformatted posting mess. lol