Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - One... (Read 30 times)

LRB

Damn, I lost my train of thought. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5.5 heel-kissing miles.  So far, so good.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

My mom emailed me this morning, 'it's going to be in the high 80's so you better not run today' 

delicate flower

My mom emailed me this morning, 'it's going to be in the high 80's so you better not run today' 

HA!  Moms.  Big grin

'Morning!  This is the second week in a row Coach has me swimming five days.  2550 yards done with the masters group.  Bike ride tonight.

The next week looks like beautiful weather, finally.  Ahhhhhh.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Well, I don't run outside in the high 80s.  And we have high 80s right now at 9am.  Oh, well.  I've been on the TM for a month, 11 month to go!

I have 5 miles today.  I was supposed to have Pilates but they never confirmed me so I guess not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Probably going to be another 1 mile day. Last night's 1 miler went fine, but the muscle was a little grumpy afterwards. I'm going to hold at this level until that's not the case.

From the Internet.

5 miles this morning, felt pretty good. Massage this afternoon then the borrowed-from-Pfitz 7 with 2 MP dress rehearsal tomorrow!

Doesn't she know she should be emailing Addie?

8 w/5x600, in the rain.

Dave

Cyberic

I'm organizing a race at work, 10-15 participants, twice a year (spring and fall), and it will be tomorrow.

This morning I decided to come to work on my bike instead of running and go around the course with a can of paint and mark it with arrows. After one arrow, the can of paint stopped working. You know when you press on the thingy and nothing comes out 

So I'll have to run during lunch, under the sun. A well marked course would have put a balm on the discomfort I'm going to feel. Now I'll be running in the heat for nothing.

onemile

Doesn't she know she should be emailing Addie?

8 w/5x600, in the rain.

I wish my mom was my coach 

onemile

So I'll have to run during lunch, under the sun. A well marked course would have put a balm on the discomfort I'm going to feel. Now I'll be running in the heat for nothing.

I don't mind much for an easy run but I am supposed to do a workout tomorrow and it's going to be in the 80's again

Cyberic

3 x (1mile T w/2min jg), which seems to be Daniels' go to race Tuesday workout. It wasn't too hot, like 65 + sun. I need to get accustomed to it before Sunday.

Ran the T parts at 10K pace and faster, just because I felt like it . 6:27, 6:22 and 6:10.

Now all easy running and rest until Sunday.

Cyberic

I wish my mom was my coach 

onemile

3 x (1mile T w/2min jg), which seems to be Daniels' go to race Tuesday workout. It wasn't too hot, like 65 + sun. I need to get accustomed to it before Sunday.

Ran the T parts at 10K pace and faster, just because I felt like it . 6:27, 6:22 and 6:10.

Now all easy running and rest until Sunday.

Speedy speedy.  It's going to be a good bit cooler on Sunday, no?

I think you are going to surprise yourself. But not the rest of us

No more marathons

Schedule called for 8 X 600 with two minute recovery.  Pace at 3K race pace down to mile pace.

Lost count and only did 7, but it didn't matter.  I didn't have another one in me.

And while I got most of them in the 3K race pace range, there were none that approached mile pace.

It was just to damn HOT!!!!

Weather Underground gives it a heat index of 82, but they must be measuring that shit in the shade - and I was running in full sun in a mall parking lot with black macadam that reflects that right back at you.

I might have to start doing these "quality" workouts in the morning.

But, since my goal races are in Birmingham in June, maybe this is good.

Think I'll go throw up now.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!