Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #10 (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Didn't think we'd make it to 10...

Cyberic

I get 7 sick days per year that I never take. But I'm taking a second sick day in a row. Honestly I could easily have gone to work today. But by staying home I'll rest more and be able to feed myself better, get a decent amount of calories in my body.

Docket_Rocket

At the airport leaving in 30mins.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  I slept hard last night and feel groggy this morning because of it.  As I was walking the dog this morning, it occurred to me how tired my legs are, thanks to four quality workout days in a row.  It's a good tired though.  I am looking forward to my first EASY workout of the week after work.  It's going to be beautiful outside too.  Then I have a board meeting for the triathlon club (I am the treasurer).

I get 7 sick days per year that I never take. But I'm taking a second sick day in a row. 

Good call.  Heal up.

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5 easy miles in 43 degree weather.  A little warmer than yesterday! Was supposed to be raining but held off so it was a nice morning for a run.

Cy - rest up, eat up and enjoy some movies or video games!

bluerun

Super B****

10 miles on the trainer so that I could "warm up" and do this workout right out my front door, which was probably a mistake... 4 miles with 12x1min on, 1min off, and I should not do such things when it's cold and dark outside because it is demoralizing. Or maybe I'm just slow now and I should accept it.

In other news, the semantic request seems to have worked -- I can get the sleeveless cowl back dress with a high back and long sleeves. It will cost extra, of course, and I'll have to pay expedited shipping to have it in time, but it will still end up cheaper than my other red option (the "foofy" one), so. I'll know in a month if this was a terrible mistake.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

At the airport leaving in 30mins.

Where’s the airport going?

1.3 warmup on the mill, Burke lake Spring like temp tomorrow

It’s 34 degrees and we actually have a light dusting of snow on the grass. Warming to 40 and turning to rain, so that’ll be nice.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hit the gym this morning - Back and Delts. Then I went out and ran 6 miles in the rain, well it sprinkled and drizzled and only started "raining" after I finished. It was also 50 degrees but I swear it felt more like 60... oh well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I'll know in a month if this was a terrible mistake.

If I know you, whatever you do you’ll regret it.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

If I know you, whatever you do you’ll regret it.

If it really is bright red and fits the same way the burgundy dress does, I will actually be over the moon elated because that means I've ended up with exactly what I wanted! (Assuming they understand what sort of back and sleeves I mean, anyway.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Where’s the airport going?

1.3 warmup on the mill, Burke lake Spring like temp tomorrow

Lol.

for the first time here I had to wait in security for more than 5 mins. Oh the horror!!! 😂

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I bought that Naked running belt back in the fall and for $50, thought I'd been taken for a ride since it fit awkward and felt constricted. I kept it though on the odd chance I'd want to run with my phone and tried it today. Thing worked like a charm. Didn't know it was there and was even able to pull out my phone while running to change podcasts. 👍👍

onemile

I bought that Naked running belt back in the fall and for $50, thought I'd been taken for a ride since it fit awkward and felt constricted. I kept it though on the odd chance I'd want to run with my phone and tried it today. Thing worked like a charm. Didn't know it was there and was even able to pull out my phone while running to change podcasts. 👍👍

have you tried listening to podcasts directly from the watch? What apps do you use to put them on there?

I need to figure out how to listen to audio books on the watch. But I have been using Libby (to borrow them from the library) and I don't think you can do it with those.. ?

onemile

One of my co-workers asked me to be on her 4-person indoor relay team next month (half marathon distance relay). It's at the Pettit center and apparently each runner does 2 laps and then they switch off (and then repeat). 2 laps is a little over a half mile. Should be interesting.