Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Middle of the week. It is what it is.

Cyberic

I started a thread in 2015 in the main forums asking about Hoka OneOne. The thread has recently been revived by a guy that some guys in the sub3 thread seem to dislike: JasonB176 . But this time, Milktruck took his defense. RA drama!

Docket_Rocket

I have to go look then, lol.

RD.  Woke up with a migraine and we are leaving in 4-5 hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the trainer, 4.25 in perfect running temperatures. Which may explain why I ran a bit farther than I'd planned.

I am so tired and I have a 7:30 AM appointment with my PT tomorrow so it's only going to get worse.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I have to go look then, lol.

OK, FTR, I support Marty Mark in that dispute. Along with his funky bunch.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

From yesterday

ROS, I have a pair of Pegasus but haven't worn them yet. From trying them on, they were very light.

Onemile, poor you and Gracie. We dealt with MRSA for the bulk of our bull terrier's life. There was one oral antibiotic that worked on her strain. It came with instructions to not touch it. There was also an ointment.  She was also very allergic to some antibiotics, which made things even more interesting. Good to hear that the vet cultured it and you know what should work.

delicate flower

'Morning! It should be Boston Notification Day for us squeakers.  I anxiously await that e-mail.  In the meantime, I swam 2000 yards before work.  I was tired and put very little effort into it...kind of the recovery jog equivalent of a swim.  My upper body is tired now anyway thanks to all of my recent swim neglect.  Bike workout later.  BUT ANYWAY.......

I started a thread in 2015 in the main forums asking about Hoka OneOne. The thread has recently been revived by a guy that some guys in the sub3 thread seem to dislike: JasonB176 . But this time, Milktruck took his defense. RA drama!

There goes Eric again, stirring the online pot!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

LOL

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

As do I! I think if you're searching for a Holy Grail shoe to prevent injuries you're probably training too hard (said as someone who trains too hard at times and still runs in normal not-minimal-not-maximal shoes, lol).

Gonna run some easy miles in a bit. 5-8ish, leaving it flexible.

ROS Pegs are in my shoe rotation. I like them. Easy to find cheap, no frills, a good basic neutral shoe. I actually have 4 different Nike models in my stable right now, they are making some good stuff lately. I wear men's because women's standard width Nikes are too narrow for me - men's 7.5 is similar enough to women's 9 wide and way easier to find!

LRB

I ran 11.

I managed to sleep for 4 hours solid then tossed and turned for the rest of the night. If it was a workout it would've been 4 S + 100 x T 

Anyway, the run was pretty miserable. Then, as if that wasn't enough, I realized somewhere around mile 7 that at the rate I was going I was going to be late for work. I managed to pick it up slightly and my legs and ass cheeks were not happy that nonsense. 

Cyberic

There goes Eric again, stirring the online pot!!

lol

bluerun

Super B****

I started to read that post, but it falls into the category of "people who don't believe in doing what works for you and letting others do the same" and my blood pressure was rising too much, so I stopped.

On an unrelated note, on this day in 2011, I "ran" my first HM.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I'm thinking of buying a Stryd foot pod. the newest one takes into account the wind, through a sensor on the device, and I've seen a couple of reviews that say it does a decent job at adjusting power in relation to the wind.

There's also the fact that almost all reviewers seem to agree that it is a more accurate and dependable way of measuring distance, and therefore speed, than GPS. Given how bad my Fenix3HR does in buildings, in the woods, when a bird flies over my head, and given how the newer watches using the Sony GPS chip are doing even worse than my watch, it adds temptation to getting the Stryd. A friend of mine tols me it doesn't work in the winter around here, so I have to check on that before I make the purchase.

Cyberic

it falls into the category of "people who don't believe in doing what works for you and letting others do the same" 

Definitely in that category!

From the Internet.

I'm thinking of buying a Stryd foot pod. the newest one takes into account the wind, through a sensor on the device, and I've seen a couple of reviews that say it does a decent job at adjusting power in relation to the wind.

There's also the fact that almost all reviewers seem to agree that it is a more accurate and dependable way of measuring distance, and therefore speed, than GPS. Given how bad my Fenix3HR does in buildings, in the woods, when a bird flies over my head, and given how the newer watches using the Sony GPS chip are doing even worse than my watch, it adds temptation to getting the Stryd. A friend of mine tols me it doesn't work in the winter around here, so I have to check on that before I make the purchase.

I have a lot of friends who were early adopters due to a friend who works for Stryd. It's a cool device, might ask for one for Christmas this year. The footpod is supposed to be way more accurate than the Garmin footpod too, so more useful for treadmill/indoor workouts, and being able to train/race by power, which has been standard in cycling for quite a while now, is a neat concept.