Beginners and Beyond

The Last FriDAILIES (Read 43 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I think it is about time for me to start freaking out now, no??  (Conversations over the last couple of days: co-worker asks if I'm planning to watch the marathon, I say yes, from really close up since I'm running it, he asks how long I expect to take to finish -- four hours, five hours?  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Then my dad asks how long this one is, and when I say 26.2, he is astonished -- A FULL MARATHON?  Have you ever done one of those before? )

Anyway.  4 miles, with my new HRM-Run, which seems to be working.  Evidently my heart is not going to explode, not today anyway.

AND I hit up the expo yesterday, so now I have choices.  Not really, I know which one I'm using, but it's good to leave your options open, and all that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I've never worn one of those wrist pace bands. I've always figured that with a $400 piece of electronic designed for running around my wrist, I had all I needed.

But if I were to do a pacer's job, where being exactly on pace on the mile markers was important, then I'd wear one.

Cyberic

I see they are different. Does yours (home made) take into account the elevation changes?

bluerun

Super B****

I see they are different. Does yours (home made) take into account the elevation changes?

It's from a website that slips my mind right now -- but yes, it's course specific for even effort vs. even pace.  I really just need it so that I can compare my elapsed time with that, because I am not doing math.

chasing the impossible

on my way to badass

Bluerun- you are gonna kill it.  Are you sharing your bib#(or did you and I missed it) so you can be stalked by the B&B?

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

15 mins elliptical, 1.5 mile jog, 1.5 mile walk.  The foot is better, but it's not run-ready yet.  I'll try again in a week.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun- you are gonna kill it.  Are you sharing your bib#(or did you and I missed it) so you can be stalked by the B&B?

What, so I can mortify myself in real time?!  I'm afraid IT is going to kill ME.

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Morning. On the plane leaving for Indy.

Bluerun, you'll be fine!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The title is funny.

I just got my lazy butt up. Will run here shortly after coffee. It's 44 degrees out so it should be pleasant.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all.

I got in 8.6 miles this morning, and it felt extremely weird and lonely without Jetta......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Off from work today. Heading down to Salem, OR in a bit for MIL's 80th bday party. Right now, watching the Cubs victory parade. 

6 easy

Dave

Cyberic

Decided not to run at lunch. Will have to dcide if I want to run back home from work. If I decide against it, this will end up being a RD. My legs are tired from not running much. Weird.

LRB

Off from work today. Heading down to Salem, OR in a bit for MIL's 80th bday party. Right now, watching the Cubs victory parade. 

6 easy

I won't pinch you. 

LRB

Good morning all.

I got in 8.6 miles this morning, and it felt extremely weird and lonely without Jetta......

I'm sure she was sad to see you leave alone.

LRB

Decided not to run at lunch. Will have to dcide if I want to run back home from work. If I decide against it, this will end up being a RD. My legs are tired from not running much. Weird.

You've had some really nice speed sessions though so that might be why.