Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Good morning!

I am about to brew a cup then sit and 'surf for awhile, before I get down on the mat and stretch my tootie.

What's the day looking like for you?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Y'all are early today! (Did I just say y'all??) SRD today. Sipping some coffee now and getting some paperwork done before work that I know I won't have time to do once I'm there. Switched around my running and resting days this week. The good news though is that I was able to run Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in a row with no shin pain (albiet was a bit conservative with the distance of my runs), so HOPEFULLY that was just a little blip and is behind me now.

I'm really REALLY frustrated because I found out that my 10K Sunday, which was a goal race for me and another shot at that sub-60 minute goal I have been trying so hard for, was changed to a 6.7 mile course although still being called a 10K. WTH?!?! I am so tempted to shutting off my Garmin at 6.2 and calling it a day. I won't have another chance at a 10K til January at least and then I will be in HM training mode where my plan discourages race effort. HMPH AngryDisapproveCry

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD or run with hubby.

Ugh, Kristin.

S'upp, LRB.

Damaris

Good morning!

Rain today in central Illinois so ill do a few on the treadmill tonight.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Plan on running after work, an easy 3 to 4 miles.  Right now it is 6 a.m., 75 degrees, 90-percentile humidity, and we are starting to get a lot of rain.  By this afternoon, the rain is supposed to blow out and we will get a 'cool front' coming in, the temp is supposed to drop around 15 degrees or so and tomorrow morning we will be in the 40s.   Brrrr!   Might have to turn my heater on already! Joking

LRB, congrats on your first run of your comeback!  Nice to hear you are running again!

Y'all is a perfectly good word in Texas, Kristin.  Glad your shin problem seems to be resolving. What's up with that 10K of yours, how come they made it long?  They must've used the AMERICAN metric system when they measured. Wink

Welcome back, Damaris.  You and your hubby....Y'ALL have fun! Joking   And yeah, what Kristin said!

Rain today in central Illinois so ill do a few on the treadmill tonight.  WHAT? Get out there and run in rain, ya big wimp!   Just teasin', Sparker.  You're probably being smart, I was watching Weather Channel and your state and Indiana, Ohio, etc, are really getting whomped by rain, apparently, with flood warning out in some areas.  Stay safe!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty- The 10K is part of an event that has 3 Duathalon distances, a 5K running race and a 10K running race. I think the organization undertook took much, because they said they don't have the means to make the start line and finish line of the 5K and 10K races different that they need to start and end in the exact same place...the loop of the part is 3.35 miles, thus they made the 5K 3.35 miles and the 10K 6.7 miles so they start and end in the same place and you run a full loop of the park or 2 full loops of the park. Grr

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Kristin - you are not having any luck with 10Ks!!

Morning all!

Another long meeting at work.  I was planning on hitting the TM again today for 3-4 miles after work.   I wish I had the mental fortitude to go longer on that thing but I want to hop off after 10 minutes.   It does help to have something good to watch on the TV, but after work the stuff on really blows.   Local 5pm news doesn't hold my attention.

Hip Redux

Also - is it just me, or have we had some really awesome RRs from the fall racing season?  Every time I read one, I say to myself - wow, what a great race... and then the next weekend, there's another one that tops it!

I really love it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski, yes!  Except mine, ha.

Shari, I have a question about doubles.  Hope you are around.

Damaris

Just B.S.

Morning Folks,

Coming off 2 days of fast running  so today will be swimming and a longer slower run. Post marathon I

never plan my  distances I just let them be whatever by body tell me she wants to do.

LRB, glad to hear you are back running. Thanks for reminding me to stretch by tootie today. Hope we are

talking about the same thing.Big grin  Oh and thanks for reminding me about the 2 feet of snow I'm likely to have

in my back yard all too soon!LOL  Good news is that after 27 years of being homeowners (and 20 in this

house with a 120 foot driveway) I finally talked hubby into buying a snowblower!!!!!!!!! She is sitting in the

garage waiting for the first big snowfall.

OSKI, glad you hear you are getting some runs in as well. I agree with you though, I feel like throwing myself

under the treadmill after 3 miles. Which is why I head out the door all winter in sub zero, that is how much I

hate a tmill.

Kristin, I would be very frustrated if an RD changed the route after I signed up. Oh wait, that did happen

with the Ireland marathon. We signed up in May and  in August they totally changed the location to about

15 miles away with  a lot more gain for a total of 3,200 in elevation climb. Good thing was everyone went in

knowing it just had to be for fun.

Docket, Scotty and Sparker, enjoy your runs.

To all that follow have a great day!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I ran 7 miles on the trails this morning, I about broke my ankle (right) a few times, twice  on the same root. Other than demon roots trying to kill me, the run went well. Took Rocky to the river just before we went back to the Tahoe so he could get a quick drink and goof off, well he gets too close to the slippery edge, and falls in. For a few seconds I tried to coax him to a spot where he can climb out of, but he kept trying to climb out of where he fell and couldn't. I soon realized the run had taken it's toll on his legs and with the current and cold water, he was slowly giving up on fighting so I had to quickly reach down and grab him by the scruff of his neck to help him out. I got a little worried there, because I could see in  his eyes he didn't have the strength to fight much longer.

Rocky seems to have bad luck near water,  he can't seem to judge the depth and always falls in but this is the first time a run has tired him to the point of not being able to get out, doesn't help when the water is a foot below the edge. From now on I'll be sure that he never makes that mistake again.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

meaghansketch

hobble-jogged 3.4 miles this morning.  Personals later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Andrea.

Damaris

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING I SAY GOOD MORNING!  Happy Wednesday!  Here are my last two run reports:

Last night:  8.2 miles at 8:18 pace.  Easy and uneventful.  Saved my legs for....

This morning:  Hit the gym before work for a treadmill speed session and nailed the workout.  8 miles at 6:53 average pace.  That's the first time I ever ran sub-7:00 avg pace in a training run.  It was my standard go-to speed workout.  Half mile speed/half mile recovery.  Interval paces went 5:48, 5:42, 5:38, 5:36, 5:28, 5:25, 5:28, 5:28.  The last couple of intervals were tough but I got them done.  I am very happy with that workout.  werd.

No meetings on my calendar today.  HOORAY! 

<3