Beginners and Beyond

Cyber Monday Penguins love to shop online! (Read 340 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

I'll come back for personals after I get some more coffee in me. Smile

6.9 miles this morning. 

Found a redemption 5K this weekend, race is run by the local club, so I know the distance will be true, and the miles will be marked.  Gonna try to keep my miles slow and easy this week so I can be well rested.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!

I had a great 10 yesterday (although I was so cold, I took a 20 minute hot shower afterwards) and would like to do 5 tonight on the TM.  Work is completely overwhelming today and it's only 9:24...bad sign, lol.  

Zelanie

Good morning, colonists!  Still missing Scottydog and Kara but other than that this is starting to feel like home!

Got my 8 in on the TM last night.  I actually really enjoy the way I can just kind of turn it on and zone out.  Planning for 5 later today after work.  I need to get the hang of 3-in-a-row now that I'm up to 5 times a week, but I think I'm ready.  Oh, and I ordered my xmas present last night since it was on sale- a Garmin 610!   I didn't really need a HRM but that model was on sale for $299- $50 less than the model without the HRM and $100 off retail.  I'm sure it's more watch than I need but I'm hoping it can last me a while.  And I am looking forward to being able to program my interval workouts into it.

Gustav- Hope you get an appointment and are on the mend soon!

Kristi- Enjoy the RD and I'm sure tomorrow will be better!
        Steph- Glad you're feeling better!

Jen- Hope your day back to work goes well.

D- Taper madness!

Margo- Woohoo for good deals and enjoy the 4 later!

T-rod- Congrats to your football team and good luck getting a FE together!
        Awood- Good to see you back!  Most of my runs these days are about that time and pace.

Kristin- Enjoy the SRD!

Jerry- Happy cyber Monday to you, too!

Zelanie

D2- Rooting for you again this weekend!  Maybe the "speedwork" you did in your turkey day race will help you be even faster this time!

Doc- Hope work improves and enjoy the TM run later.

Dad on the run.

Think i am going to take a rest day today. Right side of my right knee was hurting yesterday after my 7 miler. Not sure if its my shoes or what. I have the Brooks pure flow but really not that crazy about them. My Reebok Realflex felt much much better on my feet. Anyways have a good day everyone.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Gator eye

Another rest day for me. I'm taking the week off to try and work out some lingering issues.

Shakedown Street

SRD for me-2000m in da pool! maybe some core after.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Zel!  That's a good idea, we'll just count that as speedwork. Smile 

Getting my log backfilled, November done!  Stupid mapmyrun doesn't have an export feature, so I have to do it manually.  But I like the log here a lot better!  When Santa brings me my Garmin it'll get even easier.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens... 

I ran 23 miles last week so I am slowly getting back into it. SRD for me and also, I have what is called a "furlough day" at work. It is a no work, no pay day! I have six of those this year. Today I am taking the kids to school, raking leaves, taking the dog for a walk downtown to get a coffee, and going to see about new mobile phones.

It is nice seeing everyone again. I forgot what a great group this is.

JBJ: If the pain is on the outside of your knee, BE CAREFUL!! That is how I first noticed my ITB issue. I hope it is only your shoes, but you may want to read up on ITB symptoms and causes.

Gus: good luck with the foot. I feel your pain, being injured stinks.

Steph: How are the socks? I am sporting a fun pair today. It is still in the 70s here so I am wearing shorts.

T-rod: Say hi to Scotty!

Doc: Busy days are great. Being busy makes the day go quickly!

Awood: Welcome back.

D2: You are an animal! I can't believe the miles you are racking up! I am also running a 5k this Saturday.

Zel: Hats off to you. You are one of the few people I know who enjoys the treadmill! Also, good choice on the 610. DW and I also did some online shopping. 

Docket: Is all (or some) of the traveling you do for work? That is cool how race in so many different areas.

Philliefan: Great score on the Kindle. 

Jen: How many miles is your long run?

Singer who runs a smidge

Ah, so the Penguins migrated over here during the break.  Woo-hoo!  I started a Penguin thread this morning over "on that other site", but I suspect it will be swallowed by spam sharks in mere moments.
                      Swimming this afternoon for me.

Gustav -- hope your ankle feels better!  Are you icing regularly?

Kristi -- sorry your run was slow and depressing!

steph -- good luck with weights and yoga!

Jen -- hope you have fun tonight, whatever you decide!

Docket -- that's low miles.  I predict you will be wondering what to do with yourself!

Phillie -- I need to do some cyber Monday shopping too, but I don't have too much planned.

T-Rod -- woo-hoo for your team!!

awood -- sounds like a good run!!

kristin -- enjoy your SRD!!

Jerryb -- and good morning to you!!

D2 -- sounds like a good redemption race!!

Doc -- hope work eases up for you!!

Zelanie -- I could never handle 8 on the TM!  Now 0.8, I can do ... sometimes ...

jblack -- roll that IT band, just in case!!

Gator -- sometimes a week off is a most wonderful thing!

jneilt -- woo-hoo for your swim!

Jack -- sorry about the furlough day, but it sounds like you have a nice day planned!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Hey all, I put up my RR for the Manchester Road Race from thanksgiving.  All in all it was a succesful run I think.  I did roll my ankle going up the hill but it seems to be about 90% so I am going to continue to run on it unless it starts to get worse.  I am also doing the streaking challenge (1+ miles per day from Thanksgiving to New Years, and so far so good Smile.  Going for 1-2 tonight before taking my DD to soccer.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me. 

I still have a sore foot and now my right shin is a tad sore.  WTF!  I'm considering getting some compression sleeves for the shin stuff.  My foot, I have no idea, so I'm considering several days rest and see what happens.

I have a race Saturday.  Doing the Savannah River Bridge Run on Saturday morning.  I may not run until then just to see how my legs feel...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Jack, I don't travel much for work.  These are vacations.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Yesterday was my normal day off, but I ran with a neighbor, so I'm taking today off instead.  So now I'm enjoying coffee and bumming.  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

I'd love to be enjoying coffee and bumming!  Although to be honest, I've just finished a PBJ and I'm surfing, so that's much the same.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.