Beginners and Beyond

What the WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

RunningOnSand

You guys still all running? Working?

Docket_Rocket

Well, working for me, but running tonight.  4-6 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Have run and have worked already. Still have some more working and running on schedule today.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Still snow, ice, and slush on the ground here.  Last night, I put on my gaiters with trail shoes to go stomping a few miles in the woods, and lo and behold, someone plowed the bike path!  I've never seen that happen before... so I was able to actually run 6. Ran into my 2 poop-dogs with their owner (the only living beings I saw last night) and the guy speculated the state plowed the bike path to keep snowmobiles off of it.  I'll take it!

Will do another 6 tonight but without the gaiters and trail shoes.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

We've had a bit of a thaw the past couple of days, but not enough to get me out in the dark to trample over and slide across what's left. 7 on on the belt. #wimp

onemile

We've had a bit of a thaw the past couple of days, but not enough to get me out in the dark to trample over and slide across what's left. 7 on on the belt. #wimp

You are definitely a wimp for not wanting to slip and fall on your ass 

onemile

someone plowed the bike path!  I've never seen that happen before..

Me too. Last weekend I discovered mine had been plowed for the first time ever!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bert-O, a few years ago I had a horrible commute into work due to an inch of snow. Saw no plows on the road, but they were plowing and salting a city park (paved paths). Always good to see Baltimore city has their priorities in order.

hog4life

Hopefully looking for a few miles after work tonight. It's just so dam hard to run after these 12 hour shifts! I think this getting old crap is catching me a little.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

onemile, HC - great wins for us runners!  

3/17 - NYC Half

LRB

You are definitely a wimp for not wanting to slip and fall on your ass 

Yeah, running on top of that miniature ferris wheel wasn't much easier, mentally anyway.

Half Crazy K 2.0

onemile, HC - great wins for us runners!  

Not so much when sitting in traffic watching the plow. I don't run in the park, even though it's a few blocks from work. Way too sketchy.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Not so much when sitting in traffic watching the plow. I don't run in the park, even though it's a few blocks from work. Way too sketchy.

Ah yes, Baltimore.  There are parts of that town that scare the bejeezers out of me.

3/17 - NYC Half

RunningWithMyDog

Good morning, everyone.

Left for work this morning - walked 5 minutes towards the subway before realizing I had forgotten to pack my trail shoes.  So I turned around, grabbed them, walked to the subway, and was 10 minutes late for the morning meeting.  I feel like I don't need to actually run today, as I've proven that I've found my dedication again.

Will do 6-12 km home tonight - depending on how early I can sneak out.

I need to get out and enjoy the weather for the next couple of days.  Toronto's high will be 44 degrees F on Friday.  And then a high of 14 degrees F on Saturday.  Thank you very much, Mother Nature.  At least my kids will get to use the backyard rink this year.

sdWhiskers

Upper body strength workout last night at the gym. One of the few times I drove there rather than ran, since it was pouring and crazy windy outside all day yesterday.

The storm was supposed to be done by this morning so I planned to still run today. I looked out the window at 5:30am and didn't see the trees blowing around so figured it was a go. One step outside proved the rain was still coming down in sheets. I don't mind it starting to rain while I'm running but it's hard to leave the house when its coming down so hard. Well, I sucked it up and was soaked within 2 minutes but it eventually tapered off around mile 2. Running in the rain and the dark is not ideal but my headlamp seemed to work ok. Overall, 4 easy miles and thankfully no blisters from wet socks. Even though I was running only on sidewalks, it seemed like dirt trails in some parts because of all the mud and tree debris everywhere.