Beginners and Beyond

Let's Get This SaturDAILIES Started (Read 69 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Sorry, no cute pictures, coffee or funny links ... just your basic dailies.

I'd rather be back in the dream I was having about an incredible new house DH and I were moving into, with multi-level rooms, huge gardens and more. But instead, I'm getting ready to head out into the cold for 16 miles this morning. The plan calls for the last 30 minutes to be at "moderate effort." Wish me luck!

Have a great Saturday, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Supp Shari!  The only thing required is a title so you're good!

I have a tempo run on tap later this morning, and I would really like to nail it as my last one gave me all kinds of crap.

Right now though, I am enjoying the pre-dawn silence of the world.  It is my most favorite time of the day, and it will get better once I pop a k-cup into the machine!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...Glad you were liking your dreams.  I, on the other hand, was on a plane that was continually being diverted and making repeated, harrowing emergency landings!  Have a great run, and enjoy that moderate effort portion.  So far with my Hudson training, I've found that those segments are a lot harder in my head than in reality.

LRB...Good luck with today's tempo.  Just for me, the biggest thing I can do to make a tempo run better is to not be too fast on the first interval.  Usually, if I control that, the rest is pretty good.  Now if the weather wants to be crappy or something like that, then what I choose to do really doesn't matter much.

As for me, I'm off to meet the running group for 9 miles.  Then, we're doing a 5k prediction run that's actually being held for a RWOL member as a secret fundraiser.  I'm hoping the turnout is good.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

I was supposed to meet up for a group run, but overslept a lil, so I'm just gonna go hit the lake for 15+.

Hope everyone has a great day and great runs!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

flarunner

Mornin' Gang!

Did 12 miles at a relaxed to moderate pace.

Have a great day everyone! And a great weekend!

Morning, dailies:

Step - good luck on the 16, hope you can stay warm

Rick - coffee + tempo run = easy button

SIAR - 5K prediction run?  Is Nostradamus in the group?

D^2 - enjoy the lake

FLA - have a great weekend as well

Last night was rest and a nice dinner with DW since she wasn't here on V-day.  10+ after work with some tempo as long as the roads stay clear.

Four miles for me today. May go to the gym in a bit then run thru one of our parks 2mle loops. Have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

Currently 17 degrees with a wind chill of 9.  I am so sick of running in this frigid crap.

Jay, I may need two cups!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and happy Saturday!

Shari - enjoy your chilly 16!

So I'm A Runner - Have fun on the group run, and best of luck on the 5K. I also hope that the turnout is great!

Dave - 15+ around the lake sounds good. Long, but good!

Fla Runner - nice run, and you did it while i was sleeping!

Shirfan - enjoy your 10. Hope the roads stay clear!

Scott - have fun on your 4 miler!

LRB - that sounds c-o-l-d! Dress warm and have fun with your tempo run!

Me - don't know if I'll get a run in today or not, but if I do, it's just going to be 3 or 4 easy miles. I'm visiting family and sometimes, my brother in law makes plans but doesn't tell everyone until the last minute. Today is his day off, so I suspect that he'll have something up his sleeve. It'll be fun though.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a shakeout run tonight.  5 miles with strides.  Off to the expo at 10am and then to watch Die Hard 5 with my husband.  The cold front is coming!  The cold front is coming!  Feels like of 37F at start time!  I am waiting for somebody to pinch me and say: "Gotcha!  Your marathon is in the 80s!"

Shari, enjoy your 16 miles and sorry about the dream.  Hope it comes true.

LRB, enjoy your tempo run.

SIAR, hope your 9 goes well.

D2, enjoy your 15 miles.

flarunner, nice 12.  Did the cold front arrived over there.  We'll be freezing tomorrow morning.  I cannot wait!

Shirfan, enjoy the 10+ tempo miles.  DH and I also do not go on V Day.  It's too crowded everywhere.  Best time to go is before or after, IMO.  Glad you guys had time to enjoy each other.

Sparker, enjoy your 4.

Tom, enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good Saturday Morning, porkchops!  Same old stuff today.  If I was running, I reckon I'd take to the treadmill today due to the snow we got last night.  I'm not running though, so it don't matter.  Maybe I'll hop in the car and venture out in the snow.  I'm getting a little stir crazy here.

<3

runmomto3boys

Shari: Good luck knocking out a tough 16 this morning!

LRB: I hope you nail that tempo this morning and show it who is boss!

SIAR: Enjoy the runs today!

D2: I hope that the 15 miler goes well today.

Flarunner: A dozen in already?  Jealous!  Nice running!!!

9 mile easy and slow this morning.  Big MP run tomorrow, so dialing it back.

Just B.S.

Morning All!! post and run!!!

Just back from 1,400 yards in the pool.

Home to get changed, have a bite to eat and now I'm off to meet my Disney girls for a 9 mile run.

BBL! You all be good and if you can't be good then make it worthwhile!!Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

Finished my first ever 10 miles run this morning.  10.07 miles in 2:00.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Running for TJ because he can't.