Beginners and Beyond

Let's Get This SaturDAILIES Started (Read 69 times)

outoftheblue

Good morning -- eating my oatmeal and drinking my coffee before I heading out to pick up my Mom -- whose running the 10K -- and then to the HM.  I still need to make final clothing selection as it is a few degrees warmer than I thought it was going to be.

But, your right, LRB, it didn't oversleep it.  I was awake an hour before the alarm went off!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

A porkchop back to you, baboon.  Walk well.

RMTB, nice 9.

Beth, nice swim.  Enjoy the run.

Robert, congrats on the mileage PB!

outoftheblue, good luck to both of you!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

But, your right, LRB, I didn't oversleep it.  I was awake an hour before the alarm went off!

Now go knock it out of the park!

Rob, that is huge, congrats on the milestone!  You have come a long way!

Congrats Robert, way to go!

Finished my first ever 10 miles run this morning.  10.07 miles in 2:00.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Thanks for getting us started this morning. Hope you have a beautiful 16 this morning and your last 30 minutes are strong! I’m guessing that those huge gardens in your dream were in full bloom as well … sorry you had to wake up to cold reality.

LRB- I’m on my second K-cup right now as well … just kicking back chillaxing this morning. Have a good tempo run today … sounds like a tough one given the weather.

So_Im_a_Runner- Have a great 9 later on and hope there’s an awesome turnout for the 5k fundraiser. I also completely agree with some runs/segments being “harder in my head than in reality” Once the legs actually get into the mix things seem to go so much better.

Dtothe2nd- Have a great 15 at the lake!

flarunner- It’s awesome how you’re able to get in your runs so early every day.  NICE job on the 12 and enjoy the rest of your day.

Shirfan- Enjoy your 10 after work today and good luck with getting in some clear roads for the tempo miles.

Sparker1606- Have a great 4 today!

RunTomRun- Have a good time today with family and hopefully you can get in that easy run as well.

Docket_Rocket- Oh my! With a starting temperature of 37 you might get to use arm warmers Wink Hope you have a great shakeout run and an awesome race.

Baboon- Sorry to hear you guys got snow again … that just makes the cabin fever/stir craziness even worse for you with the leg. How’s it going with the movies …you about sick of that by now? How about a series on Netflix…Lost? 24? Hope your day is a good one anyway!

runmomto3boys- Yep, dial it way back today for those recovery 9! That MP you’re going to try on tomorrow scares me senseless. Have a great day!

Just B.S.- I am so VERY impressed (and a bit jealous) at how quickly you’ve taken to the swimming! Have a great 9 miles with your friends and chatting about your upcoming trip!

Robert31320- AWESOME! That is so great about breaking into double digit territory on your run today! That is a great accomplishment and shows how hard you’ve been working.

outoftheblue- Hope you and your mom have a great time today ... enjoy your HM and the time you get to spend together.

I just have a recovery 6 on the schedule for today and I’m going to wait until it’s a bit warmer. The legs feel great after last night’s LT run but I’ll still take it easy out there since I have 20 planned for Sunday. Now, I'm actually thinking about popping in K-cup #3 as I'm in maximum slug mode right now.

Train smart ... race smarter.

StepbyStep-SH

It was very cold out there - 6* "feels like" -5* when I left this morning. And the proof of how cold it was is that when I stopped around Mile 10 or 11 to use a bathroom, the skin on my backside was so numb I almost couldn't tell if I was actually in contact with the seat. scared I've been home for more than 30 minutes now, and the skin on my legs is still cold to the touch. But I did get just over 16 miles done in 2:40. The first 12 miles ranged between 10:04 and 10:25 pace; the last 4 were at 9:36, 9:16, 9:07 and 8:52 (GMP+:20). I would have liked for those first 12 especially to be a bit faster. Ankle is sore now, so I'll take ibuprofen, see if compression socks help, and be sure to ice it later today. First, I need to take DS to the drop-in care at the Y so he can see friends and I can get some work done in the lobby. Then we'll hit the library, go out for lunch, and maybe make a few more stops along the way.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck all racers!

on the phone, so no other personals right now.

Got 2.5 easy miles around my boyfriend's development and some asphalt paths through a woodsy area in his neighborhood. Warmed up by going on a walk with my boyfriend and his dog, then they headed back home andI headed off to run.

have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

runmomto3boys

9.2 miles done at 8:32 pace.

Luke79

9.2 miles done at 8:32 pace.

I ran 9.3 miles once at 8:34 pace.  That was my biggest running accomplishment ever, and in a race.  I bet that was fairly easy for you, which is really awesome.  Nice run.

Luke79

Finished my first ever 10 miles run this morning.  10.07 miles in 2:00.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

That's outstanding.  10 miles is the coolest milestone.

Luke79

What's up all you good people.  SRD, HM tomorrow.  Anxious.

Docket_Rocket

Bruce, arm warmers?  I use arm warmers in the 50s.  This needs something warmer!!!!

I am glad that my dad answered my call this mornihg rather than the police.  my dad was shot at last night while driving (this is typical in PR).  Knowing how bad is the crime there, I am glad we have a wrecked car and not a dead dad.  This puts it all in perspective.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Luke79

D, that sucks.  Good point about keeping it in perspective.

Workout Done and 4 miles in the books. Now for the rest of the day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I just finished a little over 6. Quad is still tight but it actually feels better when running (I guess it gets loosened up) so I'm going to stop worrying about it. I'll keep diligently foam rolling to eventually work out the tightness and resume my normal running schedule. I've only run twice this week which is ridiculous for me. Next week I'm going to try a new schedule - MTW FS with Thursday and Sunday as my off days. I miss lazy Sundays with my husband.

D, wow. I'm really glad your dad is okay.

Luke, good luck tomorrow!!