Beginners and Beyond

Let's Get This SaturDAILIES Started (Read 69 times)

Luke79

So I walked into the bathroom at the park for my usual pre-run relief session, to the rankest stench I have smelled in ten years.  Seeing all the stalls were open I yelled out, damn somebody shitted!

Well, apparently all the stalls were not open as I stood at the urinal a toilet flushed.  Man I broke outta that mug like a bat outta hell, hit the loop and never did pee lmao!

LMAO, that's fucking hilarious man.

runmomto3boys

LRB: That was a blazing fast tempo run!!!  You ran it faster than I was running my tempos last cycle.  Well done!!

Rabbitchaser: Super duper fast run today!  You clearly are recovering well.  That has to be a great feeling!!  I hope you aren't too trashed tomorrow, now.

Scotty: Great work on the race!!

Dave: Fantastic job on the yoga today!

Ric-G: Nice job on the 11!

Just B.S.

Just B.S.- I am so VERY impressed (and a bit jealous) at how quickly you’ve taken to the swimming! Have a great 9 miles with your friends and chatting about your upcoming trip!

Thanks so much Bruce! I have to admit I am pretty impressed with myself too!LOL  That's a lot of progress in just

6 weeks and I am totally in love with it!!

I can't wait for my first triathlon but it's not until June so I guess I have no choice!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finished my first ever 10 miles run this morning.  10.07 miles in 2:00.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

GO ROBERT!!!!!!!!!! Aweome Job!!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats Scotty!!! 12 races already. You are amazing!!

And aren't you the flatterer! Since you know that I have been married longer than you!!! ( and I will be 52 this

year!LOL) Good ole' Flipper was a big part of my childhood!LOL 

We tricked the Disney birthday girl into running 10 miles today! We just kept her talking and she didn't even notice

when we passed the 9 mile mark. It was good for her confidence.

But after 8/10th of a mile in the pool followed by 10 miles running I cannot eat enough to satisfy my hunger today!!

This morning, I did my 12th race of 2013, the Street 2 Feet 5K.  Below is the link to my report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1aae8ef6307e44c682b94992ed291d63/resume#focus

1400 yards in the pool, congrats, Just B.S!  You are turning into Flipper!   Umm, wait...you're probably way too young to remember Flipper, lol.   Hope you had fun with your Dizzy girls.  Oh, sorry..DISNEY girls.  Big grin

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D - Holy Moly! Glad your Dad's OK.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Robert - Congrats in the huge milestone run! That's fantastic!

DR - That's so scary. I'm glad your dad is ok.

LRB - If that was me dropping the deuce, I woulda have waited until you bolted! Nice run!

RabbitChaser

LRB - Thanks! Sounds like you had a great workout!

Scotty - Thanks! I'm recovering from shoulder surgery that I had on December 10th. I needed to have 2 rotator cuff tendons and a biceps tendon repaired. Great race!

RMTB - Thanks! I can't wait until this becomes my easy pace again!

Weezer88

Afternoon Dailies friends - it's been a while since I've been in here. Sometimes life just gets in the way.  Still running though.

LR today with the group - 16.15 miles in 2:12:14 (last 3 were at sub-8:00).

Be well everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

runmomto3boys

Afternoon Dailies friends - it's been a while since I've been in here. Sometimes life just gets in the way.  Still running though.

Be well everyone!

I've been wondering where you've been!!!  I'm glad you popped in, David - nice run!

pae

Went out for what was supposed to be an easy run (target pace was about 10:00), but I ended up running 5.3 miles at a 9:17 pace, which includes a couple of minutes of walking to warm up.  Still, it felt pretty comfortable.  It was a nice day, albeit breezy (but it's always breezy in these parts).

Tomorrow I have a 16 miler on my schedule, which will be my longest run ever.

Weezer88

It's nice to know that I've been missed.  Perhaps I need to come back to get some mojo that I'm in deep need of.Undecided

I do have a 'short' race coming up in 3 weeks!

I've been wondering where you've been!!!  I'm glad you popped in, David - nice run!

I AM WEEZER.

runmomto3boys

It's nice to know that I've been missed.  Perhaps I need to come back to get some mojo that I'm in deep need of.Undecided

I do have a 'short' race coming up in 3 weeks!

Are you doing the marathon or the 50 miler at LBL?

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Great job on the 16 in some frigid temps today, and I hope your ankle feels OK later on this evening. I don’t seem to have the “cold to the touch” problem after long runs in the cold but after I shower I usually get chills so bad I’m afraid I’m going to chip a tooth. I usually have to end up sitting near the fire with a down blanket for 15-20 minutes to finally feel alive and stop shaking.

kristin10185- Good job on the 2.5 run and enjoy your time with your boyfriend this weekend.

runmomto3boys- Good job on the recovery 9.2 … but I did notice the "smash the last miles" trend again Wink

Luke79- Enjoy your SRD and try to stay sane today. You’re going to have a great time tomorrow & I can’t wait to hear your RR!

Docket_Rocket- What? you need leg warmers too? Wink That’s so scary about your dad … but I’m glad he’s OK. One of our jr partners is from PR and I’ve heard too many of that kind of story before.

Sparker1606- Good job on getting the 4 miles in today…enjoy the remainder of the afternoon & evening!

AprilRunner- Nice work on getting in the morning 6 miles and I hope your quad continues to loosen up and feel good. I hope it continues to give you no problems during running.

Dtothe2nd – Sorry your ITB was acting up and you had to cut your run short today. Hopefully the added stretching will work it out and you’ll be back to normal.

LRB-  Too funny on your bathroom story and I’m thinking that your speedy tempo run should have an asterisk next to it … embarrassment aided pace

Robinde- Congrats on your new PR distance … double digits to boot. Woohoo! Starting off slow is SOOO hard to actually do but it pays off in big ways. Congrats again!

RabbitChaser- Nice job on the 7.5 miles and at a considerably faster pace than you had intended to boot. Sometimes running with a group just feels easy and is a nice confidence booster.

RunTomRun- Good job on getting in the 4 after lunch in spite of the winds kicking up. Have a nice remainder of your day with family.

Scottydawg- Nice RR and enjoy the rest of your day.

DaveP MI- Have a good long run tomorrow & good job on getting in the yoga today.

Ric-G- Hope you had a great 11 including those on the trails. Were any of those with the view you had posted before overlooking the city? If I remember correctly that showed some pretty good elevation gain.

Weezer88- Great job on the LR with your group today and a strong finish 3 miles to wrap things up!

Pae- Sometimes those pesky easy runs just end up being faster than what you intend – good that it felt comfortable for you for the 5.3. Enjoy your 16 miler tomorrow!

Well, I got in my recovery 6.1 @ 8:29 pace. The winds were a bit chilly out of the north but it was gorgeous running outside in the sunshine again.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Be well everyone!

Supp David!  You are always welcome and appreciated here, you know that.

What up doe pae!  Congrats on the strong run and good luck tomorrow!  Don't look at the distance too hard, just think of it as you are running for X amount of minutes longer than you have before.  Then afterwards, bask in the glow of running 16 freakin miles!

Hey Bruce!  If that's what it takes I am one and done lol!  Way to get that run in!

outoftheblue

Well, I'm back from my race and I totally got my butt kicked.   It was almost all on gravel paths, I missed a turn on the course, and I later learned (from my Mom who was chatting up a race official)  that the course was at least .1 over-length.   I think the thing that really did me in was hitting the first mile marker, looking down and seeing an elapsed time of 10 minutes,  In retrospect, I think this was part of the course being over-long (my Garmin was giving me a 9:24 pace and showing 1:07 miles), but I panicked ("Yikes!  I'm 35 seconds off pace!) and sped up trying to make up the difference.   By mile 10, I was back on target pace.  However, between the gravel and speeding up, my legs were beat and so was I.  Very shortly thereafter, it became pretty clear I didn't have it in me to sustain that pace and a PR wasn't going to happen.    To add insult to injury I missed the final turn to the finish line and lost some more time in that.    Finally, I just never seemed to find my mojo out there.  It was a struggle all day.  I think running on gravel took a bigger toll than I expected.  Unofficial time  was 2:07:07, far short of my hope of breaking 2:04.  At mile 12, I at least hoped to break 2:06, but the mile 12 was another long one (1:08), uphill and then I missed the final turn.

I was pretty down on myself at mile 10, as I had such good hopes going into this race.   However, I realize now that this course was not the best choice for a PR effort.  My PR was on a paved, certified course and that what I need to pick next time for a more fair comparison.  I should have rolled with the punches more, and modified my plans on the course before fatigue made that decision for me.    Lessons learned.

The good news is that my 70 year old Mom did great .  She ran the 10K -- well really 6.3 miles --  in about 1:12 time.   Her goal was to run the entire way and she did that.  I'm really proud of her.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Wheezer sighting!

Hi, David!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54