Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES take a lickin' and keep on tickin' (Read 46 times)

LRB

What up, dudes and dudettes.

There is no running on the schedule today and that pleases me. There will be plenty of eating however, to help recover from the self-inflicted beat down I am currently enduring. That also pleases me.

So what about you. What are your plans for today, yo?

From the Internet.

8 with 3x1600 done - starting in the dark was not fun! 7.34, 7:27, 7:26. It was too cold and I was feeling a bit stiff so I'll take it. Weights later, recovery tomorrow.

Cyberic

Nice run Lauren

I'll run Easy today, using my cheap new shoes. Some people complaining about blisters from the cheap upper. Oh well, maybe they'll work for me.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

14.1 easy miles.  I'm just looking to put up some miles for the playoffs the next few weeks.  My birthday is in 2 weeks, and I was wanting to do one of those stupid "run my age in kilometers" thing that week.  I think I would need a week or two to recover before doing any really hard shit.  I have been mulling over the training plan thing, but haven't came to a conclusion yet.  Being as my base is mostly established, do you folks think some sort of 12 week plan would get me ready?

Nice run Lauren.

Eat it all LRB.

I buy the cheap ugly colors myself Cy.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Happy Monday!  

26 degrees this morning!  That is SKIING weather...you know, if we had snow.  I've got an easy run planned today...all easy runs last week, all easy runs planned this week.  I hired a coach for Ironman training yesterday (different than my marathon coach).  Training starts Nov 1.  NEAT.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Vacation started, so drinking my coffee at a leisurely pace & going to go out for a run in a bit.

I feel better about the way they handed out the awards at my race yesterday. Results were finally posted. There were 7 of us who took the wrong turn and wound up with a short course. The 8th overall finisher, on the full course, finished in over 31 minutes. Yesterday I was feeling a little guilty, did I take an award (ok all it was was a medal, but still), from someone who ran the full course. After seeing that, I can say I feel ok with it. Even if I faded in mile 3, I would have still been the 3rd female unless the 2nd one faded too.

Little Blue

RD.  It's currently 37 degrees.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning and Happy Happy Monday!  

26 degrees this morning!  That is SKIING weather...you know, if we had snow.  I've got an easy run planned today...all easy runs last week, all easy runs planned this week.  I hired a coach for Ironman training yesterday (different than my marathon coach).  Training starts Nov 1.  NEAT.

They can make the snow, do they do that up at the New England ski areas? The closest ski areas to Maryland pretty much have to make snow if they want to stay open. I doubt they would start this early though.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's freezing out!     At least according to weather.com for my area. I'll get out once it warms up a bit. That's too much of a shock to my delicate system.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

They can make the snow, do they do that up at the New England ski areas? The closest ski areas to Maryland pretty much have to make snow if they want to stay open. I doubt they would start this early though.

They make a lot of snow up here, but usually not until late November.  Warm weather is supposed to return later this week.

<3

delicate flower

<3

Cyberic

Good morning!

14.1 easy miles.  I'm just looking to put up some miles for the playoffs the next few weeks.  My birthday is in 2 weeks, and I was wanting to do one of those stupid "run my age in kilometers" thing that week.  I think I would need a week or two to recover before doing any really hard shit.  I have been mulling over the training plan thing, but haven't came to a conclusion yet.  Being as my base is mostly established, do you folks think some sort of 12 week plan would get me ready?

Nice run Lauren.

Eat it all LRB.

I buy the cheap ugly colors myself Cy.

Have a great day folks!

With the base you have, a 12 week program would be fine. 12 weeks is a long time.

Little Blue

WTF?  All that effort, and a 4 yd loss??

From the Internet.

With the base you have, a 12 week program would be fine. 12 weeks is a long time.

+1. You run a ton of miles already, 12 weeks of specific work should definitely be enough.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am back at the office and already coughing, bah.  I have Pilates and maybe a run if I can breathe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page