Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Cyberic

The title says it all!

Cyberic

Ran a 30K LR (18.75 miles), at a brisk pace, the way a long run is supposed to be run (so say Hansons, Pfitz...). 7:34 mpm avg, or about 10% slower than target MP.

LRB

I ran 9.

At mile 2.99, I made a pit stop to change shirts during which I heard the most unwelcome sound ever; my run being saved. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cy - Great job on that LR.  Very seldom can I muster the Hansons LR pace when doing that plan.  Beats the hell out of ya!

LRB - What happened?  Battery go dead?

I got 8 in this morning.  I just realized I'm on a 16 day streak, which is my longest ever.  Even more strange is that it;s winter, when I'm usually injured and hibernating.  There must be something in the air, because I'm considering signing up for a 24 hour race in May. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

Cy - Great job on that LR.  Very seldom can I muster the Hansons LR pace when doing that plan.  Beats the hell out of ya!

LRB - What happened?  Battery go dead?

I got 8 in this morning.  I just realized I'm on a 16 day streak, which is my longest ever.  Even more strange is that it;s winter, when I'm usually injured and hibernating.  There must be something in the air, because I'm considering signing up for a 24 hour race in May. 

I have no idea. My shirt must've hit the touchscreen just right I'm guessing.

Congrats on the steak. You have to take it to 1800 days now. 👍

delicate flower

'Morning.  I ran a 5K in 20:24 this morning.  10 OA (I think) and 2 AG.  Kind of pathetic, but the effort was there and it's about what I expected.  January has been "meh" for speed but I'm trending in the right direction so I'll take it.  My three hard mid-week workouts this week didn't help.

<3

'Morning.  I ran a 5K in 20:24 this morning.  10 OA (I think) and 2 AG.  Kind of pathetic, but the effort was there and it's about what I expected.  January has been "meh" for speed but I'm trending in the right direction so I'll take it.  My three hard mid-week workouts this week didn't help.

Solid performance, young man. Especially considering your shin issues that cropped up recently. Guess you're past all that?

My hammy still does not feel quite right. I am able to plug away at a ~40mpw level of easy running, but I feel like it would get aggravated if I tried adding any speed or distance. People always say bad hammies can stick around for a very long time, so I'm a little depressed about it. I'd need to start training for my intended spring marathon in a week, so not quite sure what to do. Obv I can just blow it off, but that would be pretty disappointing (already booked the hotel). I might try starting to build mileage without worrying too much about speed yet, and see how it feels.

Dave

delicate flower

Solid performance, young man. Especially considering your shin issues that cropped up recently. Guess you're past all that?

My hammy still does not feel quite right. I am able to plug away at a ~40mpw level of easy running, but I feel like it would get aggravated if I tried adding any speed or distance. People always say bad hammies can stick around for a very long time, so I'm a little depressed about it. I'd need to start training for my intended spring marathon in a week, so not quite sure what to do. Obv I can just blow it off, but that would be pretty disappointing (already booked the hotel). I might try starting to build mileage without worrying too much about speed yet, and see how it feels.

My shin pain is still there but getting better and not really an issue with training, other than hurting.  The PT guy I saw said to keep running, but continue to stretch the hell out of it and it'll get better, which it is.  Once I get going on my runs, it doesn't hurt.

Sorry about the hammy issues....frustrating for sure.

<3

Coastal

Hate it when I accidentally push a button on the Garmin and it messes everything up.  Sure seems they could design it to only allow button pushing when you mean it.  

Baboon:  Nice winter 5K.

Dave:  Don't stress the speed too much.  Just get healthy.  You've developed the engine and it will come back well enough for a solid marathon in the future.  Just wait till it is time to sharpen and the ham is better.  Mileage has it's own quality at that distance.  When I injured my iAT I couldn't do hills or speedwork and was able to match my older 50MPW with speed work HM times with 65 MPW with out speedwork.

A bit late to the party.  Busy with meetings at work the last two days.  Read up on the threads though.  Tried to post but ran out of time.  How did I wind up doing whatever it is that I do?  I dunno.  In 7th or 8th grade my thought was a nuclear rocket engineer.  In 9th grade the high school counselor circled every math and science class the place offered. Then I met Algebra and we did not get along and I was told I wasn't smart enough...  Doesn't explain college classes with the pre-meds where I did as well as the best (my friends) were doing.  Nevermind --  in college one class had all the students volunteer with kids so I picked a place in easy walking distance from campus.  It was a school for visually impaired students.  My assignment was in a gym and pool with mostly institutionalized kids and young adults who had contracted measles in the womb  - born deaf, blind, unable to communicate effectively, with significant physical impairments.  Get them out of their chairs and braces and into the water where they were weightless and it was amazing.  Fast forward and I'm still in high school special ed.  Maybe I'll even manage to graduate someday.

6 mile progression yesterday on the TM.  Started out very sluggish but then came together.  Took the extension cord in again so had a fan which was great.

delicate flower

10 OA (I think) and 2 AG.  

11 / 111 OA

2 / 12 AG

<3

sdWhiskers

Headed out for 6 easy then added some strides and soon found myself at 7 miles. HR is still a little higher at easy pace than it was before the marathon. Sunny but in the 40s at the start of my run, Brrrr! Don't worry, it's already in the mid 60s now. Supposed to hit 80 tomorrow.

sdWhiskers

11 / 111 OA

2 / 12 AG

Rockstar!

Cyberic

11 / 111 OA

2 / 12 AG

Good job!

Cyberic

Not even doing their plan, nor Pfitz. Just following their reasoning. I have followed Hansons for 2 out of my 3 marathons, though.

zzyzx

I've just been non stop sick and non motivated all winter. It was just too gross to go out for my weekly long run so I went to the gym. About 20 minutes in, I was sweating to the point of not being able to see so I paused the dreadmill and ran to get a paper towel. When I restarted it, it thought that 3.1 miles an hour was as fast as anyone would ever want to go, so I had to stop it and restart. I did another 20 minute section, then took a break and did 11 minutes on the exercise bike. I then went back for one more treadmill but at 16 minutes in, I saw that my watch wasn't recording and just gave up.

56 minutes on the treadmill, about 6.5 miles or so. 11 minutes on the exercise bike, alpine setting level 12, 4.14 miles. Yes, this is what I am calling lazy Smile