Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Do something stupid (Read 39 times)

LRB

Like run.

And if you want to double down, run in the daylight, like I plan to for the first time since Sunday.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I never got my ride in yesterday, and I need to take a rest day today and skip my four mile run on account of getting an upper endoscopy done this morning.  So two missed workouts and now my training is completely derailed and I'll probably DNF the Ironman and fml.  And I can't EAT until that procedure is done and I want food dammit!

<3

LRB

Apparently, doing something stupid would entail seeing Batman V Superman, which is currently scoring roughly 30% on Rotten Tomatoes. Although the audience rates it much higher at 74%.

I'll see it at some point, but I really need to see Deadpool before it's gone from theaters. Maybe I'll do that today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Of course I am going to watch Batman v Superman tomorrow, doh.  I have an RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day, with a massage this afternoon. Hopefully it will help.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

SRD.

LRB

Like run.

It was cold and windier than a bitch, but somehow I managed a decent clip for as sore as my legs were.

I decided to see Deadpool at 11:05, then meet a longtime friend for lunch at the clean plate. They have a vegetarian version of a Reuben, I am very excited about that!

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 7.

I've found the root cause of all of my problems: I am allergic to work.  My knee and my leg have been killing me since Tuesday, which, coincidentally, is the day I returned to work.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

AlterG 7.

I've found the root cause of all of my problems: I am allergic to work.  My knee and my leg have been killing me since Tuesday, which, coincidentally, is the day I returned to work.

And what are you gonna do about it?

bluerun

Super B****

And what are you gonna do about it?

Quit?

I wish.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I am supposed to do this workout today:

3 x 600m/500m/400m/300m/200m - 100m jog between each interval, 3 minutes between each set. Start the 600 a little faster than 5k pace. Then cut down just a little bit each consecutive interval.

Is there any method for running this on a track without getting lost? I think I'm going to have to program it and just run it on the road...

LRB

I am supposed to do this workout today:

3 x 600m/500m/400m/300m/200m - 100m jog between each interval, 3 minutes between each set. Start the 600 a little faster than 5k pace. Then cut down just a little bit each consecutive interval.

Is there any method for running this on a track without getting lost? I think I'm going to have to program it and just run it on the road...

I could actually run pretty close to that on a track based on the starting position of each rep, but would program it anyway since it's available to do relatively simply.

LRB

AlterG 7.

I think two thirds of the population share this affliction. lol

I decided to see Deadpool 

I guarantee you will not regret it.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I do at least one stupid thing a day, and today will be no exception.

I ran 9.3 in a chilly north wind.  I have the day off, and am going to camp out at my favorite Mexican place.  I will eat 2 fish tacos, and all the damn chips and salsa.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.