Beginners and Beyond

Better Eight Than Never SunDAILIES (Read 56 times)

LRB

Big grin WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Big grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

It's not often the dailies are not up and running by 8:00 am, but with daylight savings time beginning today, let's just blame it on that!

Good morning, everyone! Thanks or starting today's dailies thread, Rick.

I've done my daily dose o'push-ups. I'm waiting for registration for my first half to finish before I head out for a LR of at least ten miles. I'll do weights and abs at the gym later.

WTH is it taking so long to register?!?!?

Yeah that's it!

Lazy Sunday AM for some of us. I'm sure some of the early morning runners are already back & were just waiting for LRB to kick it off. Hopefully a good rest/recovery day for some of yesterday's racers.

Big warmup today,supposed to get to 58! It's already pushing 40, but I'm going to wait a bit because I am excited to run after it hits 50. But before the rain starts.

I plan to test my recovering lungs today & see if they are ready for 12.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

Good morning Rick, Basya and Dave

looks like a run in the rain today as I have my longest run to date scheduled. I'm not sure i can do 7 on a TM.  It's 49 and cloudy with rain starting at 10am.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Just B.S.

Morning all!  I get up at 6 am on Saturday's for swim clinic so Sunday is not on a  schedule!!

Super excited that it's going up to 41 today!! Just about the warmest day we have had since October.Smile

Not sunny and a bit windy but I will take it.

15 miles on the schedule for today.

Have a good one folks!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was lazy and didn't start it even though I've been up since 5am.  I did 10 this morning.  Plan was to do 15 but I still do not feel 100%. These was one of my slowest 10 in a while but they felt good.

LRB, coffee!  Let's get some coffee!

Basya, enjoy your 10.

Dave, hope your lungs cooperate.

Sparker, do your 7 however you can.  Good luck!

Beth, hope your 15 miler goes well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Good morning!

Like with Beth, Spring is teasing us here. I went for a long walk yesterday, 10 km, it was wonderful. I looked ridiculous because I'm always afraid of being cold, so I had overdressed, as usual. Scarf, wool mittains, ski jacket, inuit boots, etc... Man, I regretted it!

I'll soon be going for 20 miles. 14 of them at MP.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It's already 44 degrees, a temperature I haven't run in since last fall!

With expected highs of 60, shorts are a must.  Now it's just a question of what top to wear for my 12 mile run; long sleeves, short sleeves or a singlet....

It's a nice problem to have!

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING, E-PEOPLE!  Apparently the DST change completely destroys people judging by the wonderful emptiness of the gym this morning.  A complete 180 from yesterday.  I gave the legs a rest today after yesterday's good effort.  So today was just a shoulders workout and some self-PT (more of that later today).

Not much else on today's schedule.  Sweet.

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Just finished 4.1 miles.  First run since Tuesday, felt good to be back on the road.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  Busy family day so we are taking a SRD today!  Hope you all have a great day....will get my RR done tomorrow!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Just read yesterday's thread....congrats on great races April, Tom, and Ami!

Just got back from a nice 3.5  Probably too fast, but the effort was easy (is it ok that my easy pace ranges over a minute per mile on differebt runs? or should I push myself to slow down when the pace I'm seeing is faster than my usual easy pace even if the effort feels easy??)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I ran 11 this morning. Longest run of 2013! I had minimal soreness from my 5k yesterday and it felt good. Funny how almost 2 hours just flies by when you run with a good friend.

Now I'm eating steel cut oats with a sliced banana and some dark chocolate chips. Yum.

delicate flower

Just got back from a nice 3.5  Probably too fast, but the effort was easy (is it ok that my easy pace ranges over a minute per mile on differebt runs? or should I push myself to slow down when the pace I'm seeing is faster than my usual easy pace even if the effort feels easy??)

Easy is easy...some days it'll be faster, some days it'll be slower.  Don't go by your pace...go by your effort.  If your effort is easy, the pace is what it is.  Just be honest with yourself that you are in fact keeping the effort easy.

<3