Beginners and Beyond

Better Eight Than Never SunDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Hip Redux

Bacon, eggs, and sweet potato hash for breakfast.  Super yum.

Off to a local 5K in a few!  First race in a long while with the winter o'injuries.  Will be using it just as a baseline for moving forward.

hog4life

Hey ya Dailies! Wuz up? Thought I'd stick my head in and say hello. Haven't checked in here in a while.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Oski!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good luck, Oski!

Hi Mitch! Smile

Hip Redux

Thanks guys!

outoftheblue

Well, I managed to get outside yesterday and face down the hills for my 12 miler.  Ankle feels fine this morning, so it was a good decision. Today is gym day - elliptical and weights.

Oski -- Good luck on your 5K today!

Life is good.

DaveP MI, I hope that you're feeling well and that you successfully run twelve miles.

Scott, enjoy however many miles you do.

Princess B.S., have a fantastic fifteen-miler in warmer weather.

Damaris, I'm glad that you were able to run ten.

Lily, enjoy the twenty.

Rick, I envy you a twelve-mile run in sixty-degree weather.

Phil, sweet, indeed.

Robert, awesome 4.1.

AmiK, enjoy your SRD.

kristin10185, amazing 3.5.

AprilRunner, great eleven.

Oski, good luck!!!

Hey, Mitch!!!

outoftheblue, enjoy weights and cardio.

I did 10.0 miles in 1:39:23. 9:57 pace. It was a lot faster than I expected for a LR. I'm still plodding through Daniels. I think that I'll spend this week just having fun with running.

LRB

13 miles done in 1:55:00.

It is 59 and windy for the last four miles, but a pleasant wind for a change, more like a breeze.  It doesn't feel like it's 59 degrees, but that's probably because the winter chill is still in the air.

I have a pretty big family bowling event tonight with my siblings, their kids and their kids (damn I am getting old) so I will be recovering until then.

Right now, I'll take a PB & J and banana sandwich, then a whole lot of some of the best pizza around at Sterling Lanes later, whoop whoop!

StepbyStep-SH

SRD from running. Just some very easy indoor cycling and a bit of core work.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

morning all..dw says the 1 hr time change is worse than the 9 hr time change when she travels...ha ha...kids "slept in" today..weird

basya - nice pace

LRB- nice  "half"...enjoy the recovery

lily - have a good 20

D - 10 works!

oski - good luck

april - good job on the 11

robert; kristin - nice job

easy 8 this time change morning...out and about the rest of the day...have a good one all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7.9 miles @ 7:38/mile, great run, beautiful weather.  I swear I'm trying to slow down, I blame it on the sunshine. Smile  Only one week to go!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

20 miles done. 2:37:25, 7:53 pace. No break, no water, don't do what I do, it's stupid... Time for a hot bath, light lunch and some major house cleaning. sigh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

20 miles done. 2:37:25, 7:53 pace. No break, no water, don't do what I do, it's stupid... Time for a hot bath, light lunch and some major house cleaning. sigh...

I wish I could do what you do. I don't care if it's stupid!LOL

Mine was 15 miles in 2:35, with 500 feet of gain, some headwind on the way out.  No stops or walks,  but

carried 8 oz of water and drank 6oz.

I'm slow but I'm steady!!

Time for a hot bath, light lunch and NO housecleaning!! See we are almost identical!LOL

Same weather report as LRB -- what a beautiful spring day! It was 49 when I started, I wore shorts & long sleeves, but warmed up pretty quick & wish I had short sleeves, since it got up to 58 by the end. Actually the long sleeves came in handy to wipe the sweat off my forehead -- haven't had to do that in a while! Runners were coming out of the woodwork today -- where were all these people when I was out running in subzero windchills?

Ended up doing 12.13 miles in 1:51. Lungs were not great, but good enough. I guess the rest of my body is still recovering too, really slowed down by mile 10. But glad to get the miles in, and building back up.

Dave

Lily & B.S. - I don't know how you ladies eat a "light lunch" after LR's like that. I ran a lot less & I am in the process of eating a friggin' horse! (Figuratively speaking of course, all though it seems they are finding that in everything these days....)

Dave