Beginners and Beyond

Opening Day MonDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

Batter up!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. RD for me. Officially second week with a high BP reading. I am going to have to drop one of my meds again. Hoping I can breathe but these migraines and high BP readings need to stop.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

RD here too.  I am headed to the courthouse for (hopefully) the last time.  By noon my Dad's estate should be a blur in my rear view mirror!

Just noticed that sometime over the weekend, the dogwood trees popped.  We live in the woods, and I can see half a dozen from where I'm sitting.

Cyberic

Having toast, orange juice and coffee. Some miles after. Around 8, easy.

cjones1

4.6 easy miles this morning.  Back to work now...sigh.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

Hello Monday!  DW is out of town and returns today, as such I was on my own when I got up this morning.  That threw me way out of routine and I was all out of sorts.  I think I took care of everything.  I was going to swim first thing this morning but blew it off because I really wanted to sleep.  Sleep is good.

I've got a nice easy run to do today (40 minutes easy), before hitting it hard the rest of the week.

I predict 85 wins for the Red Sox.  They are being projected as a playoff team.  I don't see it.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is a rest day for me from running; may do a weight training circuit after work.

Saturday, April 4th, I did the Diploma Dash 5K at the university where I work:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/57fec8682b504cf0891b8ae95e6d166d/resume#focus

Followed that up by attending on Sunday a Runners With Dogs event, which was very fun:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e704114ef89345508b2be4d52d59cc9a/resume#focus

And for me, as a Cubbies fan.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Batter up!

Indeed! Thank you Scotty for posting a pic of me. My Cubs already started the season last night, and looked awful. Fortunately I have the Tigers to fall back on, and will soon have the Mariners. Gotta be a winner in there somewhere.

SRD.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today.  Itchy from all the freaking bug bites.  Every time one itches I douse it with something.  I've tried a bunch of different remedies.  All work.  Since I'm at my desk I'm using my itch gel.  Walking around with white dots all over my arms and legs wouldn't be pretty (white toothpaste works really well) or smelling like some of the other things, well......

Marjorie

Hip Redux

I could have slept in for a million billion hours this morning.

Zelanie

Morning!  I have 8-10 after work today.  I also saw my first dogwood blooming on my LR last weekend.

B-Plus

The last day of a 4-day weekend. 6 recovery before heading out to the sticks.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today is a RD as far as running goes... though I am probably going to regret not running this morning seeing on how our whole week shows scattered thunderstorms and rain... mainly in the morning 

Focus this morning was on the shoulders and delts

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX8reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX8reps, 10lbsX12reps, 12.5lbsX8reps, 10lbsX12reps
                            Loaded Plate Shoulder Press: 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps
                            Rear Delt: 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
                            Shoulder Shrugs: 22.5lbsX12reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX15reps
                            Dumbbell Upright Row: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
                            Torso Rotation: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 60 lbs
                            Front Plate Raises: 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX15reps, 35lbsX10reps, 25lbsX15reps, 35lbsX10reps, 35lbsX10reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I took a trip down memory lane this morning in my running log and it dawned on me that it is totally incomplete. I only have entered in it what I have been running since December 2012 (when we came to RA) but nothing for the two years prior.

I did that this weekend which added a little over 1200 miles to my RA log (300 for 2011, 900 for 2012), bringing me to a total of around 5,900 miles.

What struck me was how so little of a clue I had, but how I absolutely loved to race. I only ran half the year in 2011, which can be seen by weekly miles in one screenshot:

I ran two half marathons that fall, and the mileage for those was this:

What these graphs do not show is that I was on the elliptical, bike or lifting weights every day that I was not running, but still, I had to be some kind of special to even attempt it let alone complete it.

Hip Redux

Did you race a 5k, then 10k and then the half in a row?