Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday, August 31 (Read 44 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I haven't decided where to run yet, but the rain that is currently falling in both prospective locations, should likely be done.

I actually wouldn't mind a nice serene jog under some sprinkles, but with the temperature and dew point climbing, and the humidity rising, I suspect the only peace I'll find is when the run is done. lol

What's up wit' 'cha?

Cyberic

SRD

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Waiting for my VO2 Max test, then work, Pilates and 7-8 miles. On 4 hours of sleep. Yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

20 trainer miles.  I'm utterly shocked that it isn't raining here -- it always rains when I have an appointment with my stylist, so that my hair can puff out like a chia pet immediately.  (I've learned not to wear white.  Not unless I want it to turn pink.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.2 dark and muggy miles.  It beat a trip to the dentist, but wasn't as fun as drinking beer.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Supposed to run 10 miles but I am doubting any will be completed. Just. Too. Tired.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

delicate flower

Hello IMO!  One of these nights my streak of sleeping 9 hours will come to an end.  Last night was not that night.  I've got another short RUN to do later today.

Re: rain, I would not mind if we got a good dumping.  We could use it.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals tonight with my club. I'm also contemplating a morning run to make today a double. Nah, probably won't happen. Last week's intervals left me feeling like a limp dish rag the next day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

UPDATE:  There will be no Ironman for me or DW in 2017, basically because of the training commitment.  95% chance we'll do one overseas in 2018 instead.  My coach likes this idea....he says we can focus on getting faster next year instead.  So next year will be 70.3's....and maybe a late year marathon.

<3

onemile

UPDATE:  There will be no Ironman for me or DW in 2017, basically because of the training commitment.  95% chance we'll do one overseas in 2018 instead.  My coach likes this idea....he says we can focus on getting faster next year instead.  So next year will be 70.3's....and maybe a late year marathon.

What changed?

delicate flower

What changed?

Just looking at everything we want to do including the different races, Ironman training would take a big bite out of that, starting with ski season.  I'd have fun doing an IM again next year, but I'm also not entirely disappointed to not have to train for one.  

<3

onemile

Just looking at everything we want to do including the different races, Ironman training would take a big bite out of that, starting with ski season.  I'd have fun doing an IM again next year, but I'm also not entirely disappointed to not have to train for one.  

Makes sense

Docket_Rocket

Makes sense, Baboon.

Very nice morning of I am starving and was forced to run at 6%, gah.  I will retest in 6-12 months to see any improvements. Data was very interesting. And al I heard was, you are eating too few calories.  By a lot.  I was expecting an RMR of 1000, not 1700.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

7.4 or 7.5 miles this morning for me and Jetta, although .4 or .5 of that was unaccounted for as my garmin was paused during those moments 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

7.4 or 7.5 miles this morning for me and Jetta, although .4 or .5 of that was unaccounted for as my garmin was paused during those moments 

I hate when I do that!