Beginners and Beyond

Cinco de Mayo Tuesday Penguins (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

ExpandThe "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is Tuesday so it's hill day for me.  Rain threatening around here, so hope it holds off after work until I get my hills done.

Happy Tuesday! Around here the celebrations are ongoing for Cinco de Mayo, celebrating the victory of the Mexican Army over the French Army, as Mexico headed toward winning their independence.  Mexican Independence Day is actually Sep 16 and not Cinco de Mayo, FYI.

More May 5 Holidays:

National Teacher Day

Totally Chipotle Day and National Enchilada Day

Cartoonists Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Raining and cold today so good day for an SRD.  I need it.

PADRunner

Morning Scotty, ran 10 yesterday and 4.5 this morning 3 tempo. Group training later rain dependent.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6-7 miles tonight, depending on time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Somewhere in the 4-6 range for me.  It depends a lot on my allergies.  I'm waiting for the allergy meds and ibuprofen to work their magic on my sinus headache and then I'll head out.  I'm contemplating doing the miles on the TM to avoid the pollen but that's to be determined.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We made it home last night and are back to work today. That was a nice four day weekend and I enjoyed every second of it. I'll see about a race report later. Maybe. Now it's a few days off from running (at least) and time to get ready for all of DD1's graduation stuff. Busy, busy, busy.

See ya.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  No plans for Cinco de Mayo, although we have quartet rehearsal tonight minus one -- our bari is still having back issues.  I pulled a butt muscle doing my PT exercises yesterday, so I skipped today.  I think I'll be able to do them tomorrow, as it's more nagging than painful now.  Epsom salts bath and lots of arnica.  And hey, the giant plus is back in the intro!!

Scotty -- hope you don't have a wet hill run!!

Jerryb -- have a good SRD!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your tempo run, and hope you get to go to the group!!

Docket -- enjoy Pilates and your time-dependent run!!

sapf -- hope the magic happens and you get your 4-6!!

Jack -- glad you made it home, and enjoy the graduation craziness!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

on my way to badass

Good Morning Penguins!

Scotty- Thanks for starting us off.  Enjoy your hills.

Jerry- enjoy your rest.

PAD- still killing the mileage!

DR- enjoy the miles and torture.

Saprf- ugh, allergies.  I so sympathize.

Jack- looking forward to the RR.

HsM- ouch!  Hope you feel better soon.

AFM- was feeling punky early on.  I think I might take a bike ride today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Happy Cinco de Mayo everybody.  I'd like some Mexican food, so I may make pork fajitas with the pulled pork in the crockpot.

Scotty - good luck with the hills. Stay dry.

Jerry - definitely a good day for a RD

PAD - have fun with your group this evening.

D - I hope you get your run in this afternoon.

sapf - I hope you get the allergies managed.  Between the pollen, the grass cutting and the people burning yard waste, this time of year is hard.

Jack - I hope you do a RR.  I'd like to learn more about the event.

HM - sorry about the strain.  I hope the Epsom salts help.

StoneFence - enjoy the bike ride.

AFM:  I'm planning on three after a visit to the dentist.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

5.7 easy miles done with the club this morning.  Tonight for CdM I'll pick up the carnitas meal deal from the Mexican market, yum.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

10 miles with 6 at 8:13 pace this morning, last workout before taper! Weights this afternoon, back over bodyweight for squats (135 pounds for 3 sets of 5).

hog4life

I got a new pair of work boots!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I got a new pair of work boots!

Why buy work boots when you can buy more running shoes? =D

4.3 miles done.  Did it outside - used inhaler first.  I felt okay during the run - I'll have to see how I'm feeling in a few hours.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Maybe it's a euphemism.  He got a new pair of "work boots". 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.