Beginners and Beyond

Waiting Game Monday Penguins (Read 33 times)

SheCan

Morning Penguins Smile

^Rach-  I'm really sorry about your dad.

Gustav- enjoy your massage and hopefully it'll do a lot of good also.

Docket- take some needed run time for yourself.

kristin- stairs are difficult on the body.  I've done a short stair race several times, and wowsers, it'll take it out of you.

jerry- ugh@ the howling wind!  Hope your inside run goes well.

Mitch- just don't let your nerves push you into doing too much this week.

bin- hope your rest day is relaxing!

Awood- sounds like that race energized you!  I seen you'd written your RR.  Will read it soon.

Lauren- hope the shin agrees with the workout.  It sounds so fun and stimulating to run with a group.

Zelanie- hey you, good work like always!

Scotty-  Great rodeo RR.  Still gotta read the Valentine 5k one.  Hope youre not too backed up from the days off.

Coralie-  loved the pic you posted! So cute.  Sounds like a really good time.  I couldn't help but think you must really be a patient good mom to run with all the kids!  Good for you.

I am enjoying a nice rest day this cold Monday.  Later this afternoon I'll go into painting class.

Hope everyone is having a respite from the weather!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

I misread my schedule as far as doing intervals. It called for 20 minutes tempo plus strides. I ended with 6.1 miles, 1.2 WU, 3 miles@8:30, 6 strides@7:00, then CD. Getting my pep back in my step!

Just got my taxes done and am very pleased with the outcome, much bigger return than I expected.

Cherie, I'm definitely going to take it easy.

Zel, tooth is good, no pain and I hope it stays that way.

GinnyinPA

Rach - I'm sorry about your Dad.  It's hard.  I lost my mother a few years ago.

Mitch - I'm sure you'll do well on your race.  Trust your training.  I'm glad the tooth is not hurting.   Hopefully the pain will stay away for a while.

Scotty - you definitely earned a rest day after your busy weekend.

Kirstin - rest and ice are good, watch out for too much Advil though.

Gustav - I can't imagine trying to run after a massage.  Maybe do it before?

Jerry - wind can be energizing, or just freezing.  Enjoy your run anyhow.

Docket - you did a lot over the weekend, take it easy today.

Awood - sounds like a good workout.  Have fun.

Lauren - careful with the shin.  Hope it didn't get too stressed.

HopesMom - good luck with the seminar.  I stress out whenever I have to speak in public, even when I really know and love the subject.  I'm glad I do it very rarely.

AFM:  I think I'll do a couple of miles recovery run this afternoon on the TM.  I figure that though I didn't go far yesterday, I went too fast, so now I'm stiff and a bit achy.  Our morning walk helped, but since we're going to be in the car most of tomorrow, I'd like to be get another run in before we head out.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, Mitch, you'll know when it's time to go to dentist...cuz it will be toothurty! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Well, Mitch, you'll know when it's time to go to dentist...cuz it will be toothurty! Joking

Oh lordy, you always crack me up Scotty, Big grin .

From the Internet.

Can't tell if my shin is actually cranky or if it's just getting irritated because I can't stop prodding at it :/ Icing it and then I have to distract myself enough to leave it the hell alone for the rest of the day!

MTA: And now it's back to normal. Don't scare me like that, shin! May do a very short recovery run before weights tomorrow to ensure that it's okay.

Docket_Rocket

I know Rach has not posted after her first post, but I assume that since she shared it here, that it's OK to share it.

Rach lost her father today.  Please keep her, her hubby, and her family in your thoughts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

I know Rach has not posted after her first post, but I assume that since she shared it here, that it's OK to share it.

Rach lost her father today.  Please keep her, her hubby, and her family in your thoughts.

Thanks Damaris. I probably won't be around for a few days. I am traveling overnight tonight from Alaska to Virginia. It will be a long trip home. Looking forward to seeing my family.

From the Internet.

Safe travels Rach. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh no Rachel, so sorry!!!! Thinking of you and your family...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Damaris. I probably won't be around for a few days. I am traveling overnight tonight from Alaska to Virginia. It will be a long trip home. Looking forward to seeing my family.

We'll be here when you get back.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Thinking of you and your family today, Rach. Have a safe trip back to Virginia. x

Gustav- The last chiropractic massage I had, I was very sore afterwards. Heck, I had bruises the next day. Worked a charm though.

Ginny- Hope the treadmill run goes OK! You asked the other day how the kids liked the run. My 4 year old was good motivation for her 26 year old sister, she'd say "I'm ready to run now!" and her sister would groan, lol. I'm sure the kid on my shoulders was having a blast. 4 year old wasn't too impressed with all the dust after the first colour station, so she ran through the next few with a blanket over her head!

AFM, 4 miles on the treadmill. Have pre-op this Friday, and surgery 7 days after. At least running is somewhat keeping my mind distracted. Mardi Gras tomorrow so will be taking a RD (or just a short run if I have time) and catching some parades.

Happy Lundi Gras all.

From the Internet.

Oh noooo.. I forgot that I have my first swim class tonight, I am TURRIFIED! Surprised

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Don't look at me Lauren.  I almost drown in an aqua aerobics class.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

Rach - I'm sorry for your loss.  Travel safely.

Coralie - what kind of surgery?  I hope all goes well.  Sounds like you have Mardi Gras plans?

Lauren - at least the swimming will distract you from your shins.

AFM:  4 on the TM went well.  For once I had no problem keeping it slow.  I was really stiff from yesterday's too fast effort.