Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes (Read 37 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Where is everyone!? I just wasted my most consistent 5k pacing of the summer on  a 2.76 miles "5k". What are your plans for today?

You Rang?

I've got four miles on tap and then to the pool!

Everyone loves a short course!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 miles later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Everyone loves a short course!

Hate it! Messes up athlinks info. I would love to run a 24:05 5k, but know I am not there now.

LRB

Hate it! Messes up athlinks info. 

I had a17:54 on an athlinks race once. Yeah, no. 

Cyberic

Jogged 16 km (9.94 miles). Felt good. Funny thing is I started feeling yesterday's wasp sting, but only near the end of my run. I would not even say it hurt, just that I felt it waiting at a traffic light, and the area of the sting was a little red. Increased blood flow, maybe?

StepbyStep-SH

Walked 3 miles with one friend, then ran 10+ with another group.

As I pulled in to the parking lot, '80s on 8 was playing "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith/RunDMC; when I started my car to leave, the song was "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls. Coincidence?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Coincidence?

I think not! You make things happen! That is a great gift. Use it well in your next race 

LRB

So anyway, I ran a half marathon this morning. I treated it as a training run warming up 3 and cooling down 3 with 8 in the middle.

I never really found a rhythm as everything is sore and my mind was wandering. I need to focus better next time out.

I was able to eat a GU during the last mile though (while running), which was nothing short of a fucking miracle!

Not a great day but not totally terrible all things considered. I am glad I did it.

14 total. Now ESU & later DSU.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah.

Yesterday evening I decided to take Dorian out for an easy 3 miler, didn't have any problems with my upper quad area during the run but after the run and driving to the store, upon getting out and walking to the store I felt sore there. Not sure why, but it's pissing me off. I am not running today, and most definitely not running 20 miles tomorrow. I've edited my training plan (anybody can look at it: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1d5cb5e27e4230a9d79029229a9ba6/plans/LsE  ). Last week was a cutback week due to just not feeling it mentally, and just feeling drained although my body felt up to it then, this week is going to be a cutback week to give whatever this is some time to rest. I know I don't "need" more than a few 18 mile runs for training, but I would like at least 1 or 2 20 milers damn it, and hopefully get the first one ran 2 weeks before the Evansville Half, and then 3 weeks before the IMM and just before my taper. If I can only manage 18 milers, that is fine, I know mentally I can finish the IMM, and I am in physically good shape to, so long as these physical issues get better and go away.

If anybody does look at my plan, just know that I have put any of the extra 2-3 milers that I sometimes do in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and sometimes on Fridays. I usually put them in once I run them.

*I need a hug*

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

As I pulled in to the parking lot, '80s on 8 was playing "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith/RunDMC; when I started my car to leave, the song was "I Ran" by Flock of Seagulls. Coincidence?

Awesome.

LRB

Where is everyone!? I just wasted my most consistent 5k pacing of the summer on  a 2.76 miles "5k". What are your plans for today?

Thank you for starting the thread while I was out TCB, I was hoping someone would. These people get agitated when there are no dailies.

delicate flower

Happy FFS Saturday!  I ran.

2:35 run:

90 minutes easy (8:40 avg pace)

45 minutes cruising speed (7:55 pace)

15 minutes hard (7:35 pace)

5 minute cool down

18.7 miles at 8:19 avg pace.  Good run.  60.4 for the week imo.

<3

happylily

So anyway, I ran a half marathon this morning. I treated it as a training run warming up 3 and cooling down 3 with 8 in the middle.

I never really found a rhythm as everything is sore and my mind was wandering. I need to focus better next time out.

I was able to eat a GU during the last mile though (while running), which was nothing short of a fucking miracle!

Not a great day but not totally terrible all things considered. I am glad I did it.

14 total. Now ESU & later DSU.

You ran some pretty great splits in there! Excellent training run, I'd say. You deserve all the ESU and DSU you want today.

I ran 7 with 12 strides late last night, after I went shopping for clothes for my son. 17 and he still doesn't care much what I pick for him. Is that good or bad? Anyway, I have about 10 miles this afternoon. It's cooler here, so that should help. Then I'm off to visit my mom.

Have a nice day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

17 and he still doesn't care much what I pick for him. Is that good or bad?

Consider yourself lucky!