Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 23 times)

LRB

I ran 7.

63 but really clammy out there. At mile 1 my singlet was already in cling mode. 

Anyway, I jogged up to the track and ran some intervals, my first workout since November ffs.

2 mins, 1 min, 30 secs x 2.

Didn't really push it too hard but just enough. I might do it again soon...

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Did 14 this morning. Felt decent although my legs were feeling the intervals yesterday and the leg workout Monday. Muggy around here as LRB noted. Was out the door around 5:05 and at work by 8:30 with a stop to pick-up breakfast (and lunch). Really good egg, spinach, muenster cheese, avocado wrap. 

LRB - nice job on the track workout! Any Beyond Juice locations out your way? That's where the wrap is from. I go there pretty frequently for salad bowls for lunch as well as the occasional breakfast sandwich. Good stuff and relatively reasonably priced. I know they are opening locations like crazy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 8 later.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hey. I ran 8 on the track early this morning.  Middle of September felt like the middle of August.  My energy level has been a low the past few days which I blame on a stomach bug I seem to be fighting.  I'll be pounding the electrolytes today.

I signed up for a HM this Saturday, which I'll be running at marathon effort.  I basically paid $75 to cheat my way through a fully supported long run.  I've got 22 miles to do, so I'll run 5 miles before and 4 miles after the HM.  It starts at 7:00 AM and I've got an hour drive, which means I'll be getting up at 4:00 AM.  

<3

LRB

LRB - nice job on the track workout! Any Beyond Juice locations out your way? 

Nope. Which is not surprising as our area is always the last to get anything. 

LRB

I signed up for a HM this Saturday, which I'll be running at marathon effort.  I basically paid $75 to cheat my way through a fully supported long run.  I've got 22 miles to do, so I'll run 5 miles before and 4 miles after the HM.  It starts at 7:00 AM and I've got an hour drive, which means I'll be getting up at 4:00 AM.  

I've done it and it's totally cool.

RunningOnSand

Morning! I ran close to 5.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I like that idea for a long run. I have a 21 miler on the schedule for Sep 25 and might look around for races that weekend. There are a few local (LRB - Brooksie Way and a half in South Lyon) that could work.

LRB

Morning! I ran close to 5.

Your log states that you have no workouts scheduled, are you on the LRB plan? 

LRB

I like that idea for a long run. I have a 21 miler on the schedule for Sep 25 and might look around for races that weekend. There are a few local (LRB - Brooksie Way and a half in South Lyon) that could work.

Run Detroit or Downtown Detroit Runners (I forget which) usually has a supported long run scheduled to line up with Detroit. Something might be on Facebook or their website.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Run Detroit or Downtown Detroit Runners (I forget which) usually has a supported long run scheduled to line up with Detroit. Something might be on Facebook or their website.

thanks. I'll take a look. I always waver between doing something like that, or a race, and just getting out the door early and getting it done from home. Of course, when I do a race, or something, I'm always glad I took the time.

sdWhiskers

I ran 20 once with a HM where the start line was 7 miles from my house and the finish line 0.5 mi. So the perfect 20 mi loop 

MCM still on…. From this morning:

Dear Live MCM Weekend Runners,

The good news is the MCM, MCM50K and MCM10K will still proceed as planned, live and in-person on October 31.

Due to the COVID-19 Delta variant and ongoing indoor mandates, MCMO has made the decision to cancel the Health and Fitness Expo at the DC Armory on October 29 - 30. This decision was made as part of MCMO's precautionary efforts to ensure the safety of all attendees, participants, staff and volunteers…

…….    …..     …..     ….,

The Little Bads, The Maybe Good, and  The Annoying
                              The Little Bads are the right knee was stiff when I got up, and have some discomfort outside of right pec to under the arm.  Pool mix helped loosen the knee.
                            The Maybe Good is the fall stretched and hopefully loosen a stringy thing from the high back of the groin down the inside ham.   Wasn’t feeling it before I fell but felt it afterwards five mins walking back to car, then on and off then rest of the day….didn’t feel this morning until I started the pool mix and on and off since.

The Annoying: tomorrow is my monthly early morning work meeting on my off work day😐 and won’t be able to start runs till 10-10:30am

sdWhiskers

6 miles wearing The Vest. The pedestrian that I mentioned was hit by a car yesterday afternoon ended up dying. They were in a crosswalk and a car turned into them. So sad. I'm not taking any chances.

The activity challenge at my work has completed week 1. My team is currently ranked 12 out of 915 .  There are 2 teams above us with Ironman or Kona in their names. The leader on my team has been riding his bike to/from work, running at lunch, then spends a bunch of time in a climbing gym after work, plus walking around the lab all day.

RunningOnSand

Your log states that you have no workouts scheduled, are you on the LRB plan? 

LOL. You know it!! Big grin