Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday, and a Penguin and a runner walk into a bar.... (Read 280 times)

His Slowness

Love the avatar, Bill!

Thank you!  A couple of years ago we had to put together a one page Powerpoint resume with a photo for some briefing and I didn't have a digital photo handy so I just drew one.  I sort of liked it and have used it off and on since.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hope'smom, Enjoy the potluck.. What did you bring?

Chicken artichoke dip and tortilla chips!  It's on a slow-cooker in my office right now, and it's starting to smell good!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Mmmmm...beer

Bin, homemade trail mix with dark chocolate covered blueberries and pomegranites. Smile

Brenda, great run!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

tracilynn

Love those shoes!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Lauren, I like them shoes. Traci, safe travels, sorry for your loss. Damaris, RD's are 3's. Brady, $12 sounds good to me. I can't see avatar on the phone, Sad RD for me.

Got my 3 in last night in the cold and will try to do 1 or 2 tonight. Trying to get use to the cold.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Pens,

I was thinking of signing up for another HM that is in April. You can see the course here. Look at that hill that starts between miles 5 and 6!!  The cool thing about this race is that it runs right next to my son's dorm at UCSD between miles 9 and 10.  The course is literally about 300 feet from his door. Even cooler is that DW is now running so she might run it with me. We are both running that 5k this Saturday and I hope to share a brief RR and maybe a picture or two.

Have a good day.

Hello! I'm so glad this week is over half done. It has been just NUTS at work. I got my 3.2 miles in this morning and now I'm hanging out with my extremely whiny kids. It's a good thing they are cute!

Gustav - thanks for the laugh!

Jack, I LOVE the new avi!!

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

SheCan

........  and now I'm hanging out with my extremely whiny kids. It's a good thing they are cute!

Hehehe!  Yup, God made little ones cute for a reason!

Jack, it so cool that your wife is now running with you.  Hopefully she'll be up to running that HM with you also.

I was still a bit tired today, but I did 9-1/2 slow, slow miles, and am feeling pretty good.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

I am at work so I cant type for long but I wanted to say that I got in 4.5 awesome treadmill miles this morning.  I have been hitting a wall lately with my runs, the last 3 have started out really bad, and it makes you wonder why you ever enjoyed running in the first place.  However after 2.5 this morning, I got that "I could do this forever!!"  It was great

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Docket_Rocket

Not sick.  Read my siggy.  That's why :-) 

Thanks for starting us off, Gustav.   LOL on the joke.

Only 3 miles for you, Damaris?  Are you not feeling well? Wink

Good luck with your miles later, Tomas, if you get them in.

Kristin, hope you feel better!

Well, bin, at least you got some miles in today.

Ugg, shift work.  Good luck with your new hours, Jimmy. Sorry about the leg hurting.

Happy biking, Jen!

Congrats to your brother, Kara.  Enjoy your rest day.

Welcome to The Colony, Bill.

Nice running in that weather, Brady.   I can relate to those temps now...and I must say I am glad to be back in San Antonio and out of that kind of weather!   Happy training for your half.  BTW, what is the biggest 10K in CT? 

So sorry about the ITB acting up again, Traci. And sorry for your loss too.  Safe trip.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Hey Pengs!

Something cool today.  It's freezing and windy and today and my head is killing me from a sinus thing but since I'm on call Fri/Sat/Sun today was my only chance to get a long run in.

I decided to drive down to Valley Forge which is a national park that is quite hilly.  For some reason i can't copy the elevation profile but it is constantly up and down, never flat - super hilly.  I think the elevation gain is only 513 feet but your constantly climbing and declining the whole run - it's a real valley that you climb in and out of.  I was yawning and feeling kind of icky but pounded it out - first 5 mile loop was 55 mins and the second was 60 mins.   The wind was killer!  So I finished in 1:55 and I just went back to compare this to the last time I ran that park and it was September 6 and I did it in 2:06.  So that's 11 mins less in a couple months and conditions today were terrible.  I remember the last time I did it - I've only attempted running the loop twice these two times - and I really really struggled, dragged myself to the end.   The hills are killer.

So I'm pleased!  And going to now sleep for the rest of the day to gear up for three days of call - JOY!

Liz

Docket_Rocket

Chicken artichoke dip and tortilla chips!  It's on a slow-cooker in my office right now, and it's starting to smell good!

Your chicken artichoke dip and tortilla chips comment sounds like something baboon would say in the dailies every day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Pens,

I was thinking of signing up for another HM that is in April. You can see the course here. Look at that hill that starts between miles 5 and 6!!  The cool thing about this race is that it runs right next to my son's dorm at UCSD between miles 9 and 10.  The course is literally about 300 feet from his door. Even cooler is that DW is now running so she might run it with me. We are both running that 5k this Saturday and I hope to share a brief RR and maybe a picture or two.

Have a good day.

Jack - OMG, what the heck?  That course profile is insane!!  So fun that you and your wife could do it together.  And have your son cheering from his dorm!!  It won't be long before your daughter is joining you, based on those photos you shared of her running.    But seriously, those hills are ridonk.