Beginners and Beyond

It's Thursday, and a Penguin and a runner walk into a bar.... (Read 280 times)

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning colony! Busy day for me, meeting shortly (need to go find me some coffee first), fitting in a run this afternoon. Bit stiff from last night's leg workout so I'm looking forward to shaking out my legs, trying out my new tights and busting out some new shoes for good measure Big grin 

Did I mention that I love pink? Because I do.

LOVE!  I wish my shoes of choice came in some cool colors!

Singer who runs a smidge

Your chicken artichoke dip and tortilla chips comment sounds like something baboon would say in the dailies every day!

Baboon cooks in his office every day?  We usually just have the microwave ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's snowing in Maine right now ...

http://www.sebectec.com/greenville/index.html

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Doc, I KNOW!! That hill is STEEP!  The next time we go down there to visit DS I might go and run part of the course, at least the big middle section. I have read some reviews from previous years and quite a few people have to walk that part.  As for DD, she also wants to run it but we have to see if her track season will be over by then. I hope it is, it would be cool to run with her (if I could keep up!).

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Crazy day here.  I was feeling a few aches and pains yesterday, and went to bed with a stuffed up nose.  Tonight, I'm supposed to take the fiance out to dinner, and go see Mannheim Steamroller.  On top of that, I have reports, forecasts, and a bunch of paperwork that's due tomorrow.

Well, I blew through all of my important meetings today.  My nose has cleared up.  The aches and pains have subsided.  So, I snuck in a quick 4.5 miles at a very easy pace.  Now, I'm going to finish the reports and paperwork, follow up with a couple of customers, and start getting cleaned up. 

I did read through the posts.  I wish I had time to comment on more of them, but it sounds like people are getting out there and getting their miles, some are skipping rest days for short runs, and others are having fun with footwear.  YAY PENGUINS!!!

So far, my running streak has been 6 day and 35 miles.  Before this, I don't think I've ever run more than 4 days without an SRD. 

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

I am at 7 days right now. My mileage is similar, but much slower. I guess I should probably get some jogging in later.

So far, my running streak has been 6 day and 35 miles.  Before this, I don't think I've ever run more than 4 days without an SRD. 

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

...the bartender says, "Where did you find him?"

The Penguin replies, "He was outside staring at his watch mumbling, 'searching for satellites' "!

LOL!!  Ran 2.87 miles with Gryph, my four year old, by my side this morning. It's a good thing too because he was able to slay some dragons, befriend a jaguar, and find some really great treasures he wrapped up and put under the Christmas tree.  Not my best time, but definitely one of my best runs Wink

Oh yes!!  First run on my new shoes and ooooooeeeeee!!  I haven't run without pain in my calves in nearly a year!  Today was awesome, like I was floating!

Singer who runs a smidge

LOL!!  Ran 2.87 miles with Gryph, my four year old, by my side this morning. It's a good thing too because he was able to slay some dragons, befriend a jaguar, and find some really great treasures he wrapped up and put under the Christmas tree.  Not my best time, but definitely one of my best runs Wink

I like this!  Thank him for me, because the dragons were starting to worry me. 

hog4life

Jack, do you any hills you can train on?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ha! Nice one, Gustav.

Demaris- do what you like, oh,ohhhh.

Jerry- is your wife planning to run the HM also? You two are doing a great job upping those miles.

Tomas- you just can't beat sweet baby 'nuggles time. It's fleeting.

Kristin- that's rough! But, I agree with you that wedding is the important thing, and you have to be healthy for that, no doubt. hope it's a fun one! The key to treadmil is start slow and MUST HAVE MUSIC

Bin- hey, that's one way of getting some miles in!

Jimmy- I want to see the village! I'm a total decoration nerd. In my dreams i could go full griswold

Jen- nice on the TM and bike!

SRD for me today. Got some great news on a personal level. The second part I can't share yet, but the first part is that my brother's short film (He was producer and he was assistant Director) was accepted to Sundance!

Kara:  We stick together.  Supposedly it is hilly at the Knoxville HM, so I don't know how my wife will do.  Her knees hate hills, but our long runs are getting to some bridges here in the Chicago burbs.  So far we have done our long runs together.  Up to 10 miles now, so 13.1 should be no problem I hope.

Snickers1230

Hey everyone!  busy day at work, been in meetings all day.  Barely had time to scarf down some lunch!  Just checking in and skimming the posts.  No running for me today because I have a dinner meeting tonight.  I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow to go for a run.  I am not a morning person so the key word in the sentence was try.  Lol.  If I do, it'll be a short 2-3 miles.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, do you any hills you can train on?

Yes, but nothing like that. Did you look at it? It is STEEP!!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

you need to go train where those photos of you and your fam were taken.  Just jog up and down there awhile. lol

hog4life

Yes, but nothing like that. Did you look at it? It is STEEP!!

Yea, I looked at it, challenging!! If you don't have anything that steep, do repeats like crazy on the hills you do have, it will help.