Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #252 (Read 27 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is a bad ass picture but tell the guy in front to not put his leg up next time, lol.

Lol D, Tim the RD had to crop that pic and did really great at it. That was just as we started out from the chute, I could probably photoshop it next time to get rid of the leg 

As for today, I slept in, didn't go to the gym. My left shoulder/arm is still a little sore (not sure from what) since last Tuesday.
    After I take my son to school I'm probably going to head off to Audubon for 3 or 4 miles on the trails. I was thinking about rollerblading but my left knee has been acting strange, like runner's knee trying to flare up and the side to side motion kind of irritates it. It's gotten better but I figure I'll give it another day or two.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Didn't sleep much (maybe an hour), mostly because as we headed to bed, Trixie vomited with some blood which made me worry. I'll call the vet when they open to check her stomach (she's had this issue once before but it's been a while).

I have 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning! Didn't sleep much (maybe an hour), mostly because as we headed to bed, Trixie vomited with some blood which made me worry. I'll call the vet when they open to check her stomach (she's had this issue once before but it's been a while).

I have 8 miles tonight.

how old is Trixie?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

how old is Trixie?

13 1/2. She's always had stomach issues, so I'm hoping it's some sort of ulcer or reflux instead of, you know, cancer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

13 1/2. She's always had stomach issues, so I'm hoping it's some sort of ulcer or reflux instead of, you know, cancer.

Yeah.... hopefully it's not that ugly C word.... 

PRs

delicate flower

I swam an hour non-stop this morning, working on that endurance.  I got 3100 yards in.  I started to get tired halfway through but hung in there and kept the pace steady.

<3

Rest day, off work tomorrow so hopefully back to loops of accotink... but the bruise is worrying me.

Edit...: likely something gentler than dirt bumps and hills...outside of quad still feeling crappy

Yay, the smoke has arrived!  We were having no trace of it, but then it rolled in overnight. Went to bed with the windows open smelling nothing; woke up smelling like someone had a BBQ grill going—inside the house. I ran 7 miles anyway, and I was breathing fine.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Was supposed to be Santa Ana conditions today (super hot/dry/windy) which is worst case scenario for stopping the fires. Was sprinkling a little outside this morning instead  Now it looks like Armageddon out there--dark and hazy, can't tell if its smoke or just clouds. Third day in a row that our cars are coated in ash.

Ran 5. I keep checking the air quality and so far it has been ok in the mornings.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran 4 miles on the hills at Audubon, 767 ft of elevation gain and 79 degrees though the shade definitely helped. I made sure to take some Heed with me as I tend to get bad headaches after runs like this.

PRs

Ran 5. I keep checking the air quality and so far it has been ok in the mornings.

We don’t have it nearly as bad as you, but we are supposed to avoid strenuous outdoor activity. I figure if I have breathing problems I’ll stop. Is there any reason I shouldn’t be running if I’m feeling OK?

MTA: Someone posted on the community FB page, "Anyone smell smoke this morning?" LOL, no just you.

Dave

KCRuns

We had thunderstorms this morning, so I got 3.1 on the treadmill, including 1.8 on the iFit beginner's running program in Portugal.  As usual, it was gorgeous scenery and a great trainer, which are the two reasons I like this program.  I realized today that doing the run/walk iFit program is making it easier to adjust to my treadmill surface.  Today felt easier on the TM than usual!

sdWhiskers

We don’t have it nearly as bad as you, but we are supposed to avoid strenuous outdoor activity. I figure if I have breathing problems I’ll stop. Is there any reason I shouldn’t be running if I’m feeling OK?

My understanding is you want to check the AQI (air quality index). Obviously, if you feel it bothering you, then don't run. But numbers >150 can cause damage to your lungs (small particulates = bad, even if you aren't coughing, etc) . Also realize that doesn't mean 149 is good but 150 is bad. And the number is lower for people with breathing issues.

Smoke here is usually up high (I am west of the fires) so while I can see it and we get ash falling, the air quality has been 50 or less (what you want).

Docket_Rocket

My understanding is you want to check the AQI (air quality index). Obviously, if you feel it bothering you, then don't run. But numbers >150 can cause damage to your lungs (small particulates = bad, even if you aren't coughing, etc) . Also realize that doesn't mean 149 is good but 150 is bad. And the number is lower for people with breathing issues.

Smoke here is usually up high (I am west of the fires) so while I can see it and we get ash falling, the air quality has been 50 or less (what you want).

This. Even if you don't feel it, you can damage your lungs further.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

TakeAHike

Hi folks, I hope all are well. I don't think I have posted here since 2013, but I remember many of you. I have been an on-again, off-again runner since I stopped posting here, but I have been running a lot since early March when I started working from home. I have had a couple minor calf injuries along the way, but it has mostly gone well and I love running regularly again. I have no particular goal other to stay in shape, but I may race again when possible. I haven't run yet today, but I probably will go for a short run later today. It is good to see you some familiar photos and handles again. I was never a big dailies contributor, but I'll be around.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20