Beginners and Beyond

Keep Your Distance SaturDAILIES (Read 29 times)

LRB

It's for your own good!

LRB

That will be the greeting I give this weekend, a result of working with people who don't tell you they're sick. (It would appear that common courtesy is not so common anymore, if it ever was, but I digress)

As it is, Imma head for a jog and just take it slow, which beats lying around in misery, at least for me. Unless it's flu, I've always managed to feel better after working out while sick, so we will see if that holds true.

What up doe?

Cyberic

When I'm sick I don't give my hand to people, I don't kiss, I keep my distance. I do run unless I have fever, but I sometimes overdo it (running intervals for example) and use up precious energy that then is unavailable to fight the virus. That's the way I see it. An easy run is the way to go, IMO.

I've always managed to feel better after working out while sick, so we will see if that holds true.

+1. Especially any kind of congestion/sneezing/runny nose - a run clears me right up. Coughing/breathing problems are another thing.

Good luck!

Hard to adjust to being able to sleep in on weekends. Woke up a couple times, and finally for good at 4-4:30. But went to bed early enough that I still got a decent night's sleep. So I'll take it. Back still hurts but hopefully still OK on the run; I will have a short one later.

DW & I may see a movie tonight. We haven't gone out for one in forever. My ranking:

1. Hail Caesar

2. Hateful 8

3. The Revenant

4. The Big Short (if it's still out)

She wants to see Brooklyn, which sounds pretty chick-flicky. So maybe we'll have some kind of compromise. Like seeing Brooklyn.

Dave

LRB

DW & I may see a movie tonight. We haven't gone out for one in forever. My ranking:

1. Hail Caesar

2. Hateful 8

3. The Revenant

4. The Big Short (if it's still out)

The bear scene in The Revenant was worth the price of admission alone, too bad there's two and half hours of movie left after it. lol

Actually, it wasn't a bad flick, just long. So pee before you go, like ten times, then pee some more, and again before the previews!

I may or may not see Hail Caesar this weekend. That or Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which by all accounts lacks depth, but may have enough action to keep my ADD at bay.

The Hateful 8 includes an intermission that stretches its overall length to 3 hours and 5 minutes, I would imagine too pee. lol

LRB

When I'm sick I don't give my hand to people, I don't kiss, I keep my distance. I do run unless I have fever, but I sometimes overdo it (running intervals for example) and use up precious energy that then is unavailable to fight the virus. That's the way I see it. An easy run is the way to go, IMO.

That's where food and vitamins can help, but no, it probably is not ideal.

Docket_Rocket

I would watch the Hateful 8.  I loved it.  Pure Tarantino.

Morning!  I ran 8 with hubby and the coughing was annoying, so I am starting prednisone today.  This is not the worse asthma bout I've had, but it's the longest so far.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Disclaimer: Just happened to be that way. Did not make an extra loop to make it into a nice number.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

She wants to see Brooklyn, which sounds pretty chick-flicky. So maybe we'll have some kind of compromise. Like seeing Brooklyn.

Total clarity.

Runner with a riding problem.

Morning!  I ran 8 with hubby and the coughing was annoying, so I am starting prednisone today.  This is not the worse asthma bout I've had, but it's the longest so far.

Ugh. Hope the Prednisone fixes things up, it usually does the trick for me.

5 miles.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 20.1 with 10@MP.  I planned 22 with more MP, but it was too hard and I modified it on the fly.  I could tell after a few miles that is was going to be a hard morning.  I told myself if I ran 10@MP, then I could jog the shortest way home.   That was my 5th 20+ miler this year, so I think tapering sounds good.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh. Hope the Prednisone fixes things up, it usually does the trick for me.

5 miles.

You know it's our last resort so it better.  I will not have a cough for 6 months like one time I had. There was something going on at the office this week so I suspect it has affected me more than I thought.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

There was something going on at the office this week so I suspect it has affected me more than I thought.

The Bitch wear some perfume you're allergic to?

Docket_Rocket

The Bitch wear some perfume you're allergic to?

LOL, no.  The conference room has a weird smell which my coworker that has asthma and me believe it's mold.  My boss says he cannot smell it.  Sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 total with 4 at a moderate pace. Sidewalks are finally clear enough to be runnable as long as its well above freezing.