Beginners and Beyond

Oy, it's the Thursdailies already (Read 42 times)

5 miles.

Dave

LRB

Michigan weather; two weeks ago we were frozen over. Last week we were snowed under. This week we're flooded. Next week, volcano?

7 on the belt.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Michigan weather; two weeks ago we were frozen over. Last week we were snowed under. This week we're flooded. Next week, volcano?

7 on the belt.

Today 70. Saturday's forecast 3-5 inches of snow. Typical M D winter. We had the flooding this past weekend.

RunningOnSand

We're similar to the MI weather (being so close in MN, and all). It was 43* yesterday. And -5 a few days ago when I woke up. It's 35* right now, and by tomorrow morning at 7am it'll be 0 again. The roads are like an ice skating rink.  I've got 4-5 on tap, just sipping some coffee before I get my run on.

RunningWithMyDog

Very similar weather here in Toronto. Abnormally warm.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but the backyard rink is a mess.

I'll run home tonight - somewhere between 6 km and 12.5 km, based upon when I can sneak out of the office.  I'm guessing tomorrow will be a no-run day, as we go back below zero (C) and it will be treacherous footing.

LM: Post some pictures of the birthday puppy!  Don't lie to us - you did something.  No, seriously, we know you did something to mark the occasion.

Friendly reminder: today is the last day to put your name in the lottery for the New York City Marathon.

zzyzx

Lat/pec fly/standing calf

Stair challenge. Again remember the rules, good is under 42 minutes, great is under 41.

Here are my last few times:

41:47

41:42

40:58

41:14

39:28

40:08

40:52

So I'm generally around 41 minutes with one exception. Today? 37:52!! It reached the point where I was debating if I should push it on the last lap up or take it easy and take the PR and not risk running out of gas and blowing it. I pushed it for the record Smile

KCRuns

Run commute day. I was late getting out the door, so I took the most direct route, 2.17 miles.  I'll go a longer way home.  Weather is in the 30s today, and I overdressed.  Oh, well. It was still a nice way to start the day.

Thank you all for understanding about my hair.  I have a lot of it, so it takes for freakin' ever to dry & style it, which I do not do every day.  And if I let it dry naturally, it's a mess.  DH is a sweetheart and deserves to sit across the dinner table from someone who doesn't look like a drowned gym rat.  Dinner was fantastic!  AND, we have leftovers for tonight, so that's 2 days in a row of no cooking.

LM, I hear you.  If you agreed to do nothing, then nothing should be done.  We have that agreement for all the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. and both stick to it.  We count nice dinners, vacations and new gadgets bought during the year as gifts that cover all of that stuff.

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  Sitting in a meeting right now and I brought my lunch...a rice bowl with ground beef and veggies.  Happy to report that other people are hungry and my food smells great.  Ha!

I swam 5000 yards before work.  100 laps.  50 football fields.  Nearly three miles.  It took me 99 minutes.  My arms were burning the last thousand yards.  Happy to get it done.  Bike workout tonight, and my plan is to ditch the workout and just pedal moderately to save my legs for a 10K Saturday.

<3

KCRuns

I swam 5000 yards before work.  100 laps.  50 football fields.  Nearly three miles.  It took me 99 minutes. 

Holy smokes, that's a long way to swim!  We need a high five emoji.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 16 on the TM (hot AF here) earlier today.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KC, you get me.  LRB, good to see you, we were starting to worry.

6.5 this morning.  I stopped at the store on the way to work and bought a kombucha drink (cayenne flavor).  I've never had one, total impulse buy.  I don't know if they're all good, but this tastes like cayenne soda, and I love it.

RWMD, yes, we did!  He got a new chewing bone thing, and a bowl of ice cream.  I took a video of him with the ice cream, it took longer to sing happy birthday than it did for him to finish.  He takes his Labrador food obsession duties very seriously.  I have no idea if this will work, but I'm attempting to post the video...

sdWhiskers

Holy moly! That's impressive for so many reasons!

sdWhiskers

Leg strength circuit last night with my trainer, nice mix of squats, lunges and plyometrics. My glutes and hamstrings are feeling it today. Planning for 3-6 miles easy after work. For morning runs, I aim for a certain mileage; however, I'm still getting my body used to running in the evening so it's better to have a range. Plus it depends on when I can get out of work.

Weather here has been a little chillier and cloudier than usual. It was pretty overcast after work yesterday which I heard led to a little mist-like rain inland. Coworkers said their commutes TRIPLED getting home last night.

KCRuns

Lots of need today for a high five emoji.  That is impressive!  How early did you have to start to get 16 miles in before work?

onemile

I'm not happy with all this melting