Beginners and Beyond

Springing into SaturDAILIES (Read 42 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

flarunner

Mornin' Daily-ites!

Did a 5 mile progression run this morning.

Have a great workout, a great day and a great weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Zzzzzzzz.  Woke up with hardly any sleep.  Heading to a 5K race with a lung already angry and the other one wanting to join in.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning. 13ish on tap today.

Dave

Ball of Fury

Good luck D!

I am also headed to a 5K...it's cold and windy!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning! Good luck, D, Ami and all the other racers today!

I am meeting the friend who is helping me lead the 2:15 pace group for a local half-marathon next month. She has had problems with her feet and knees for weeks (months?), but thinks her new shoes are helping, and now I've been falling apart between a tweaked ankle (which may finally be better!) and messed up hip/back. Hopefully we can cobble things together and hobble 8 miles or so this morning at the 10:10-10:15 pace we'll use for the half.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey, y'all!

I got in a quick 3.5 miles this morning.  This was my first run since last Saturday.  Nothing wrong with me, just taking a break for the first time since I started running in August 2011.  It felt rally good to get back on the road this morning.

Good luck to those of you racing today!

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

Mornin' folks and I hope everyone who is racing this weekend has fabulous weather and great runs.

As for me, it was snowing ... yes SNOWING for this morning's 5 recovery miles. No accumulation but quite enough icy snow to be blown into my face by the gentle 15 mph breeze to make it miserable.Gray ... cold ... windy ... snow ... enough already!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Morning dailies:

Out for an easy 7 and then catching a plane.

Just B.S.

Bruce are you sure you don't live near me? We have exactly the same weather again.

Damaris, I thought you hated short races?? good luck anyway!

Shari, good luck with the foot.

Shir, have fun!

Ami , good luck and thank for the code! Saved me $60 over buying the same pair here in Canada.

Hubby bought a pair of Zoot's for triathlons and also saved $60!

Sorry but I haven't been able to keep up on the postings lately. Only a few minutes a day to even get on the net.

Training is chugging along, going great actually, despite the lack of sleep and ensuing fatigue. I also suspect

some of the tiredness is from the emotions and stress which is why I need to keep running!LOL We may have

an assisted living placement for my Aunt in the next few weeks. Pray for me.

I have decided I need to cut back swimming from 4 times/week for the next 2 weeks of training and only do

2Xweek, just to give the body a little rest before my next marathon on May 12th. Plenty of time to keep tri training

after the marathon. First tri of the season is June 9th. .

Last Saturday night I only had 3 hours sleeps and felt awful starting out on my 18.2 mile run. Zero

hopes of even hitting pace that day. Turned out exactly the opposite. Despite the 1,500 foot gain in the

first 13.1 miles I hit the half point at 2:14, then felt so strong I did the last 5 miles at MP and felt fantastic.

Ended up with a training run of sub 10mm pace for the day. Total climb of over 1,800 feet.

Sunday - 18.2 miles run 
                      Monday - 1,500 yard swim 
                      Tuesday - 1,300 yard swim followed immediately by 3.5 mile run 
                      Wednesday - 9 mile run followed by 500 meters in the pool
                      Thursday - swim clinic with drills 
                      Friday - 9.5 mile run - first 4.6 miles slow @ 10:25 pace, next 4.9 miles @ 9:40 pace, felt fantastic

Rest day today. It would have been swim clinic this morning but there is a competition this weekend.

Last week was a tiring one and we have 19 miles tomorrow so taking a break today.

Have a great weekend and special shout out to all the Boston folks!!

Hubby ran in 2010 and qualified for 2011 and 2012 but hasn't gone back yet. He wants to do it one

more time so hopefully 2014!

Docket_Rocket

I do, but I had a 3X1600m @ 5K pace today anyway....

It was 84F and 74 dewpoint, which means it was close to 100F.  First 5K without albuterol!!!!! 4th in my AG.  Not my fastest but adjusted for weather it looks good enough.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I do, but I had a 3X1600m @ 5K pace today anyway....

It was 84F and 74 dewpoint, which means it was close to 100F.  First 5K without albuterol!!!!! 4th in my AG.  Not my fastest but adjusted for weather it looks good enough.

Sounds like a good day for you. What was your time? or are you saving that for the RR?

Hip Redux

Eggs, bacon, and sweet potato home fries done.    Off to the rail trail in an hour or so to do 5, which would be my longest run post-injury.  We'll see!

Flarunner - thanks for getting us started off!

D - hope you feel ok!  Enjoy the 5k!

Dave - Mornin'!

Ami - good luck!

Step - I hope all the various body parts cooperate for you guys! lol

Robert - sometimes a little rest is just what the body needs.

Bruce - Seriously, that sucks.

Shirfan -  Good luck navigating Boston!   :P lol

BS - Considering everything, you're really rocking your training!   Nice!

Docket_Rocket

It was 27:21, 3 minutes off PR but I need to adjust for weather as my coach taught me.  Nothing to get excited but in this weather it is.

Sounds like a good day for you. What was your time? or are you saving that for the RR?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Supp Crew!

My first 5k race of the season is in the books!  Waiting on the results to be posted online.  Of course if I had a smart phone I would have them already.

Why not just print and post them after the race like every other event does?

Whatever.  >:-/