Beginners and Beyond

Springing into SaturDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Kristin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning! 30 minutes slow this morning. Just picked up my race packet and bib at the expo.

Docket_Rocket

So exciting, Fuzzy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hi dailies:

D - congrats, and no asthma problems?  awesome.

Rick - so we have to wait for a RR, eh?

Oski - LOL.  I'm relying on the T to get around, no driving in that nonsense.

AmiK - congrats on 3rd OA, that's great.  and Happy Birthday!

Ruby - welcome back

Kristin - nice job

Fuzzy - does it seem real yet?  I'm doing the expo tomorrow, waiting to fly outta Buffalo right now with a whole lot of Canadians.

Got my 7 easy done, couldn't resist doing the last mile at pace, since there are still 2 days.  Future ex-wife brought home a stray cat that her co-worker found, poor little guy is very thin and a bit beaten up.  We got antibiotics to clear up an abscess on his leg, and he's been scarfing down his food like there might not ever be any more.  Very attention-starved too, I could barely put my shoes on for all his climbing around.

Supp Crew!

My first 5k race of the season is in the books!  Waiting on the results to be posted online.  Of course if I had a smart phone I would have them already.

Why not just print and post them after the race like every other event does?

Whatever.  >:-/

Hey, you have a watch, that's close enough. No idea when they're going to post the times. Lovely day for a race, eh?

Can't believe you didn't wait around 2 hrs after your race was over to meet me at the end of the HM! LOL, today was one of those days when you grab whatever you can carry from the food table & get back to your car as quickly as possible.

Also looked for you at the expo last night but did not see you there. Or just could not tell, as I only have a tiny avatar photo to go on. Smile

Dave

Shirfan - it is definitely real now. This is the third time I've run it and I love the excitement and energy around this place. It really is very cool.

Safe travels!

Docket_Rocket

I had some asthma issues (more details in my RR) but I ran it strong which is what I wanted.  A no asthma issue day would give me a PR.

hi dailies:

D - congrats, and no asthma problems?  awesome.

Rick - so we have to wait for a RR, eh?

Oski - LOL.  I'm relying on the T to get around, no driving in that nonsense.

AmiK - congrats on 3rd OA, that's great.  and Happy Birthday!

Ruby - welcome back

Kristin - nice job

Fuzzy - does it seem real yet?  I'm doing the expo tomorrow, waiting to fly outta Buffalo right now with a whole lot of Canadians.

Got my 7 easy done, couldn't resist doing the last mile at pace, since there are still 2 days.  Future ex-wife brought home a stray cat that her co-worker found, poor little guy is very thin and a bit beaten up.  We got antibiotics to clear up an abscess on his leg, and he's been scarfing down his food like there might not ever be any more.  Very attention-starved too, I could barely put my shoes on for all his climbing around.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rondog65

Great job everyone,

Got a good run in today with a steady consistent quick pace for 7.26 miles.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

delicate flower

I'm going to head out for a bike ride in a bit once it warms up a little.  It's supposed to hit 60 today.

45 miles done at 17.4 mph.  I did a few small hills too, which I had to hold off on since surgery.  No way in hell it was 60 degrees.

<3

Hip Redux

5 miles done on the rail trail.   I thought I would be able to ditch the jacket but it was far too chilly to do that.

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats to all the racers today!  I'll hit up the RRs after I shower, just wanted to check in real quick.  Today has been crazy, my half, then my 5yo did the 1/2 mile cub run, then we had to shoot straight from the race to his opening day t-ball game (I didn't even get to shower lol), then we grabbed some food and now back home.

I didn't PR, but I did get 3rd place in my AG!  I couldn't believe it, was very happy when I saw that.  Since we had to leave early, I didn't know I had placed in my AG, didn't find out until I checked the results online.  I'll pick up my trophy on Tuesday   I also learned a very important lesson, DO NOT do a hilly 16 mile run a week before a half marathon, respect the taper.  I was on pace for a solid PR and ran out of steam around mile 7.  My breathing was fine, I felt good, but my legs just couldn't hold the pace.  Still managed my second sub-1:30 with a 1:29:55, so I'm a happy camper. Smile

I'll post a RR with pictures later.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Sweet, D2!!

LRB

Hey, you have a watch, that's close enough. No idea when they're going to post the times. Lovely day for a race, eh?

Can't believe you didn't wait around 2 hrs after your race was over to meet me at the end of the HM! LOL, today was one of those days when you grab whatever you can carry from the food table & get back to your car as quickly as possible.

Also looked for you at the expo last night but did not see you there. Or just could not tell, as I only have a tiny avatar photo to go on. Smile

I hung out at the expo for about 30 minutes after I registered, leaving around 6:40.  I was really disappointed in the prices of the gear as literally nothing was priced to sell.  A stark contrast to Detroit's expo where prices were marked down 75 - 85 percent!

Today I hung out until after the start of the half marathon, which as you know was delayed due to course conditions.  I am still a block of ice from waiting in the cold with what I had on!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, D2!

I just booked my PR and SF trips, so the next three races are set.  And of course they are marathons or above.  Silly question. Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I didn't PR, but I did get 3rd place in my AG!  I couldn't believe it, was very happy when I saw that.  Since we had to leave early, I didn't know I had placed in my AG, didn't find out until I checked the results online.  I'll pick up my trophy on Tuesday   I also learned a very important lesson, DO NOT do a hilly 16 mile run a week before a half marathon, respect the taper.  I was on pace for a solid PR and ran out of steam around mile 7.  My breathing was fine, I felt good, but my legs just couldn't hold the pace.  Still managed my second sub-1:30 with a 1:29:55, so I'm a happy camper. Smile

Great job!

I also wasn't sure how to handle taper for my HM today, I was more concerned with losing fitness for FM training. I ended up not really tapering too much at all. I ran 15 last Sunday (although flat), with the last mile at GHMP. I did shorten up my last run before the HM, and took Friday off (usual RD anyway). Hopefully I did not wear myself out too much today & can jump right back into FM training. Makin' this up as I go along....

Dave