Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins run for Friday (Read 32 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Awood - I would drive 300-500 miles to try a wedding cake beer.  LOL!!!  You'll do great making the cake.  Congrats on the fitness achievement man - its a good feeling.  I personally weight less at the moment than I did during most of high school.  Seriously, I was a chunker...

PF3 - winter returned here.  I hope it misses you.  Not terrible, just cold/snow.

Dt2 - have a great run even if it is an "easy taper."

Scotty - HOWDY!  I'll have to go back and read up...

Bin - running in a warm rain is fun... sometimes...

Zelanie - you're hitting on one of the biggest struggles I find I have... "listen to my body or listen to the plan."  I've been hurt more, honestly, listening to the plan than my body; the understanding is sometimes your body will trick you also.  LOL

AFM - I am back to in business.  After my 8 last night on the treadmill I knew that'd be the real test.  No discomfort today.  So, I plan on maintaining where I'm at (versus jumping right into a huge run) but working gently.  30 days until my 25k trail race.  I have decided that I will not be running on any trails as long as there is snow/ice covering a majority - my knees just can't manage it right now.  Bums me out so we'll see how I finish up training for the race on a treadmill.  My HM is in just about 2 months.  I'm pretty excited.  Did I mentioned that myself and my boss are organizing an author to come and run the HM with us?  Wes Harding, his book is due for release in April and is titled "Destined to Run."  www.destinedtorun.net is the website.  Anyway, it is cool how this all came about but my boss approached me a couple of months ago and asked if I'd help coordinate a book signing.  Well, naturally we can't have him in town and not run a race so we snuck him into the Bayshore Half Marathon and have two signings arranged.  It'll be a busy weekend that weekend (May 25) but fun.

Ok... I'm out.  Catcha later!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I need to read everything later too hard on the phone.

URD. Because I am lazy lol. Called too late yesterday to get on the list for this morning's spin class. Set my alarm to go to the gym anyway. When it rang I decided I wanted the extra 2 hours of sleep.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: 220!!! Yeah, baby!!! Well done, son!!

Philliefan: Good job on the 8 in cold weather. I am so picky when it comes to weather, hot or cold.

D2: If I can't post later this week, best of luck to you in the HM. 1:28!!!!

Scotty: No run today?

Hog: The good news is that March is half over.

Bin: You will get it. I always have a hard time going "slow." Just run comfortably and you'll be fine.

Zel: Good luck to the dogs and their PR!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Afternoon, Pengs!

Awood -you are awesome - your wedding is going to be a total blast!  We will be requiring photos of that cake! I'm jealous, haven't got an artsy or creative gene in me.

Phillie - hope you get that run in before the rain.  Sure is gorgeous right now, though!

D2 - relax into the 5/6....try to avoid the madness! Have fun!

Scotty - enjoy your run if you have one!

Mitch - get that nap...then enjoy that run!

Bin - you are so fast anymore!  Hope the legs are feeling good.

Zel - good luck with the run, enjoy that RD tomorrow!

Jack - hope you get through all the fun kid stuff and enjoy your run!  85 sounds so good to me...

Hope's mom - hope the knee twinges knock it off!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

N-Bug - glad there's no pain after your TM 8!

AFM: I'm on call today so I'll get 3 on the TM done tonight if possible...fingers crossed for quiet call.

Singer who runs a smidge

Apropos of nothing, I have a moth in my office.  And out of the entire office, the darned thing had to fly at my face!!  Angry

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

G'morning pretty penguins!

Awood congratulations on your continued weight loss.  You're about to float away (in a good way!)   All this wedding planning sounds fun.  And men who bake are so sexy!

Philliefan,  Mmmmm@brownies for wedding cake.  That don't sound half bad.  Cry@ another cold front coming through.  You really impress me with all the running through the cold and dark you do.  You're one tough cookie.

Dave- hehe@ stupid taper.  Just enjoy it!

Scotty-- my DS is going to boring ol' Dallas for Spring break.  He has a buddy that lives there.  South Padre sounds a whole lot more exciting to me.

Mitch-  good job getting the 5 miles in.  Gosh, I hope all this over time doesn't end up making you sick.

Bin-- nice fast run! Hopefully, this one run won't mess anything up.  Maybe you can get the trail run in later this week.

Zelanie-- ohhhh, nice on taking the dogs out for good runs!  I bet they love that.  What kind of dogs do you have anyway?

Jack-  wowsers it is getting warm.  I think it's supposed to get up into the 80s here this week also.  Running-wise, I'm not looking forward to the warmer temps.  Dang, you're a busy dad!  And yup, enjoy the hussle with the kids while you can.

hopesmom-  *hugs* glad you got your walk in.  Enjoy your rehersal tonight.

N-Bug--- whew @ not having any trouble on your run.  Hopefully by the time of your race, there won't be much ice on the trail.  So super cool about Wes Harding coming to do the HM with you!  No wonder you're excited.

kristin- you must have needed the extra sleep.  Sometimes that's way more important than spin class.

Liz-- good to see you around!   Good luck with your on-call night.  Quiet, quiet quiet.... Hopefully you can get your run in.

I did 6-1/2 easy miles today.  Was pleasant and in the upper 50s.  Not looking forward to it getting a lot warmer this week.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Apropos of nothing, I have a moth in my office.  And out of the entire office, the darned thing had to fly at my face!!  Angry

Tell Mike to cut that out!  Wink

HsM, you know why it flew at your face, right?  Cuz moths head for the brightest!  So what's that say about your co-workers?  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Tell Mike to cut that out!  Wink

HsM, you know why it flew at your face, right?  Cuz moths head for the brightest!  So what's that say about your co-workers?  Joking

Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gotta get that needed sleep, Mitch!  Hope you have a good run after you awaken and get out there.

Dang, nice running for you SPEEDY Bin!  I'd run faster too if I were following those beautiful Singapore ladies.   Big grin  Looking forward to hearing your assessment of the trail.   There's no Tigers on it, right?  Wink

Good luck with the 7 easy, Z!  Have fun with the dogs!

Dang, Jack, your kids are quite active, you must really set the example for them!  Good luck to them both in their competitions!  I may run today. Usually Wed is a non-running day as I normally run 4 days - Tu-Th-Sat-Sun a week, but I may do a run today, add Wednesday as a short n easy run day to get 5 running days a week in.  I am trying  EVER SO SLOWLY, lol, to get up to a consistent 20 miles per week.

Sounds like a good, sensible plan for you, Vance. Very cool about your author!   Will he sign as he is running?  I have a mental picture now of him running along with his pen and spectators holding their books open for signature as he passes by them...  Wink

I seriously doubt you are lazy, Kristin, lol.  You just had the occasional 'lazy day' today.  Everybody is entitled to that every once in a while.

Liz, is that your dog in your avatar?  Border collie?  Those doggies sure love to run!

SheCan, I did not realize Dallas had 'Spring Break' events.....what..where's the beach up there?  Wink  Pinktastic, from the Dailies, lives around there...maybe she can keep an eye on him for you.  Joking  Congrats on your miles, sounds like nice weather too.  Now me, I am looking forward to it getting warmer here in Texas...all the Great Legs will soon be coming out from being covered!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

SheCan, I did not realize Dallas had 'Spring Break' events.....what..where's the beach up there?  Wink  Pinktastic, from the Dailies, lives around there...maybe she can keep an eye on him for you.  Joking  Congrats on your miles, sounds like nice weather too.  Now me, I am looking forward to it getting warmer here in Texas...all the Great Legs will soon be coming out from being covered!

No beach or nothing in Dallas!  I swear us old people can think of much better ways to spend a spring break!  I don't know Pinktastic, so could you ask her to watch him for me?   Oh yes, at the legs coming out!  I wasn't thinking about that.  I do love my shorts;  that'll definitely be a plus to the warmer weather!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I am freshly back from another slow short walk!  Another trip around the block, 1/3 of a mile, and slow and easy.  Tomorrow I have to take a bit of a hike, so that will probably be all my walking for the week, and I will still get more miles than last week, and hopefully with none of the pain.  So far, so good!  And I feel like a more "real" member of the Penguin clan -- it was drizzly yesterday and cloudy and windy today!

Zelanie

Cherie, it's at least a dry heat, right? Smile My dogs are labs, although the one who really loves to run I think might be part pointer.  The full lab is a bit lazier and would rather sneak off to the river.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'll definitely get some pictures of the wedding cake.  P3 wants a clean white, 3 tiered cake with 3 "bloody looking" slashes in it...lol  We're getting married in Hell, MI.  What would you expect?  It will probably be raspberry filling in the slashes.  I'll do my best to make the rest of the cake look like a professionally done wedding cake with the obligatory bride and groom topper.

N-Bug - I don't think you'd have to drive that far...lol  The brewer is in South Bend.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

I woke up too late to run, so off to work I go.....