Beginners and Beyond

It's Monday Once Again Penguins! (Read 39 times)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Gomo all!

I got up this morning and did a yoga  session. Feel really good and relaxed now. Big grin I was thinking about doing some meditation yoga before bed, since usually my mind doesn't like to turn off at night. Joking

Well, I have to finish getting ready to go to work. I'll catch you taters later! *waves*

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jen- Higdon Novice 1 was my original plan. It was met with a lot of concern about only running 3 days per week and the emphasis on the long run. I got a lot of great advice that may help you too.....read through the thread if you'd like it's called somethibg like Who Wants to Look Over My Training Plan....I think it is still on pg 1 of the board

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Vance, good luck.

Mel, the ankle is feeling better. Not worse than yday. So, I guess it's a good thing. I tried the 1 leg hop 10x, with no unbearable pain. When I touched the area, it is still tender. i felt that I could run on Friday. I will start with a 1-2M jog to test.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH and I went to a Superbowl party last night -- tons of fun, but our friends live out back of beyond, so we didn't get to bed until after midnight.  I am definitely dragging today!  I have a meeting, a seminar, some committee stuff to organize, an instrument repair to oversee, a seminar to prep for, and of course samples to run.  I brought my suit in for a swim, but if that doesn't happen I will at least go out for a few laps walking around the building.  If I don't freeze something off, I may drag DH out for a run tonight.  
          Oh, and about that seminar, the one I forgot I'd agreed to give?  This morning I remembered the conversation, and the guy organizing the seminar wanted something more research oriented, so he asked for suggestions, and I suggested my department chair.  He thought that was a great idea, so that's why I dismissed the conversation as soon as I hung up the phone.  Apparently it's not my mind that's mush, it's his.  But at this late date I suspect I'll end up giving the seminar, so I've been mapping it out in my head all weekend.  Life is never dull!!

Gustav -- have a good rest day!!

docket -- have a good recovery run and weights!!  I'm enjoying your avi -- DH and I are headed to Disney in three weeks!!

Bin -- have a good RD!!  How's the ankle?

kristin -- I haven't done a HM yet, despite running for ... 5 years now?  Six?  Anyway, I am enormously inconsistent, and well aware that my 5 years of running do not make me prepared for a HM.  My 5 years probably amounts to others' 5 months ...

Jerryb -- have a good time with the weights!!

Awood -- enjoy changing it up!!  Hope y'all win the contest!!

Jen -- woo-hoo for your long run and for things settling down!!

wcrunner -- howdy!!

Zelanie -- if I promised DH a tofu stir fry, he would definitely be eating elsewhere!!  Good luck with the intervals!!

N-Bug -- rock that interview!!

Rach -- glad the yoga was zen!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Atwood - I'm not really thinking triathlon because I would have to start introducing swimming into the mix. Duathon is a possibility but I think for now I would like to keep running and cycling seperate. So that leaves racing the bike as its own event - this is actually what I plan to do. I have 3 different races I could do - European  kermesse style, criterium, and velodrome. There' s a kermesse race in March that I am eyeing up. Kermesse races are several laps of a course a few miles in length ( laps and distance vary by each race. Criteriums are usually a course that is 1 mile  with the race either being a number of laps or a set time. Velodrome racing is done on a 333 meter high banked, oval, concrete track. Sounds like fun!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There's less of us lately. Where is KristiRTT, KarainSavannah, TorirunsinPA, txdiversmom, Steph, jen2011, and a bunch of former frequent posters???? miss them!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Hey guys/gals, I'm reading for 3 days and probably not posting much due to the training classes I'm attending. I got in 4.4 last night after getting checked in and having dinner. Tonight will be some interval repeats at 5k pace, I think they're 800's but will have to check my schedule first.

hog4life

Hey guys/gals, I'm reading for 3 days and probably not posting much due to the training classes I'm attending. I got in 4.4 last night after getting checked in and having dinner. Tonight will be some interval repeats at 5k pace, I think they're 800's but will have to check my schedule first.

kristin, not sure where they are, but I see a few of them posting on FB you mentioned.

SheCan

Happy Monday morning (afternoon), Penguins!

Gustav-  At least you're up to multiple miles now!  Plus, I can't help but think that all that cross training/strength training you did, has probably put you in better shape than many of the rest of us.

Jerry- have fun at the gym today!

Awood -  good good luck @ winning that couples massage!  That sounds like a dream to me.  Is there a link to the pic so all of us can vote for you?

Jen- great job on the miles PR!   If you're able to handle 6 now, you'll be good to go on your 10k next month.  Glad things are settling down for you on the job.

N-bug- job interview?  Well whatever it's for, GOOD LUCK, and blow them away!

Rach^  that meditation yoga sounds awesome!  I try to do mindful meditation on a regular (sometimes less regular than other times)  basis just to keep my thoughts from getting too out of control sometimes.

Bin- glad your ankle is doing better, though all healed up would be even nicer.

HopesMom-  your schedule is always full!  At least it sounds like you're organized.

Today is a much needed RD for me.  I put in some full hard weeks the last 2 weeks, and am thrilled that its time to start tapering. I love the first week of tapering when the schedule is just lighter.  It's the following week after this one that worries me!

Ta'ta for now all!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Weights after work for me.

Did two races over the weekend, Love Your Heart 5K on Saturday and Superbowl Sunday 7K on Sunday.  Reports for these are on the main page somewhere.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Vance, good luck tomorrow!  And isn't Baboon/Phil having his knee surgery tomorrow too?  Good luck Phil!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It's been brought to my attention that another couple has caught us in the cutest couple contest.  If you would like to help us reclaim the lead, here's a link.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=183548415102786&set=a.183548405102787.6694.183498611774433&type=3&theater

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

Afternoon, colonists!

Vance, good luck with the interview!

Kristin - man, I didn't realize how many people were missing until you listed them all.

Lifted this morning - I'm 4 lbs away from 1xBW squat and my deadlift is up to 160 x 5 reps Big grin My upper body lifts are still pathetic (bench was 60 for 3x5 but I failed the session after that and deloaded to 55, OHP has been stuck at 40 for a couple months now).. I think I'm going to try a different approach and see if it helps. Higher volume (3x8-10 instead of 3x5) for a session before trying to tack on another 5 lbs. Either that or I'll buy some 1.25 lb microplates so I can make smaller jumps.

My shin still feels good after my 3 miles yesterday so I'm planning on 3 tomorrow and Thursday, then 2 on Saturday and Sunday. That'll bring me to 10 for the week. My left ankle had been feeling stiff for the past week or so but it actually feels good today so I'm pretty happy Smile I hope things come together enough for me to get in a couple decent long runs and complete my HM in April.. I have no hope of going sub-2 at this point, but I'd be happy just to finish it with a couple walk breaks as needed and set my sights on actually racing a fall HM.

Dude- I just saw that Calvin Klein commercial. I think we would look like that SNL clip with Patrick swazey (you) and chris Farley (me) as Chippendale dancers.

It's been brought to my attention that another couple has caught us in the cutest couple contest.  If you would like to help us reclaim the lead, here's a link.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=183548415102786&set=a.183548405102787.6694.183498611774433&type=3&theater

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone!!! I'm not sure if I even posted last week or not, I think I did once maybe twice I dunno, my days all run together when I am on nights. I can't believe we are missing so many people!! Did they all go back to RW I wonder?

Well anyways, I didnt run a single mile last week, I have been fighting with my own personal demons so-to-speak... I felt like I was going from a place where I enjoyed getting out and running to a place where it felt more like a chore then something I enjoyed. When I first started I never ran without Brody (my dog) running right beside me, then I stopped taking him and began obsessing over miles/time/days ran etc... I think I really needed that week off just to take a step back and realize I was getting my priorities (when it comes to running) all messed up. I need to find that happy place again where I go out and run because I just enjoy the way it makes me feel and it gives me dogs an outlet for all that energy instead of focusing so much on if I ran mile 3 faster than mile 1 and if I ran x amout more miles this day than that day. Also I think I need to schedule a race soon. I know fun and racing seems contradictive but I enjoyed the races I did. I enjoyed the crowd and seeing how well some people are capable of performing. I know I will never be up in front and I"m ok with that, I just need that sense of self accomplishment and I had that before I let it become something more than "just having fun".

Anyways enough of my waa waa waaing. Going to go hop on RW now and see if I can locate our MIAs.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.