Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies 6/27 (Read 27 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did a 16/4 this morning.  I'm going to bump the running up a couple of miles this week.  I'll probably do the same with the bike.  I like a couple of hours on the roads in the morning.  If you run and/or ride as slow as I do, you dont have to go too many miles to hit your time goal.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and 5 tonight for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

HEY-OH!  Masters swim this morning and I took my new swimskin for a test drive.  What is a swimskin, you ask?  Well it's a super-tight fitting swimsuit with Teflon coating that increases speed by reducing drag.  These are legal in triathlons when the water is too warm and wetsuits are not allowed, which is what I am looking at next weekend for my 70.3 in Williamsburg, VA.  A swimskin isn't as fast or buoyant as a wetsuit, but it's better than wearing just a tri kit.  It's kind of cool that with how tight the suit is, it basically rips right off your body when you pop the zipper.  I've got a sprint triathlon tonight but will opt for the wetsuit since I want all the speed I can get in a race.   You got all that?  Good.

<3

6 miles in running shorts and an old race shirt, if we are reporting apparel.

Dave

onemile

I ran 11 with 4x(4x400m).

delicate flower

6 miles in running shorts and an old race shirt, if we are reporting apparel.

WHY MUST YOU MOCK ME.

<3

I ran 11 with 4x(4x400m).

JHC. What are you training for?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Have fun with that Baboon.

OMFG  please somebody put me out of my misery, I cannot take this pain in my jaw anymore. I should've gotten my wisdom teeth removed back in 2015 when they were killing me, but I waited and now for the past week I haven't been able to sleep and since this weekend the pain has ramped up. Not only is it in my jaw, my teeth, but the whole right side of my face is in pain. I'm literally ready to just collapse and start crying, partially because of the pain and partially due to lack of sleep.

Since last week I am sure I have taken way too many painkillers (Bayer Aspirin and Excedrin), enough to last any of us a month or two. I swear to you, this morning when I got up and took 4 more I could literally feel my liver crying out in agony  and other than the fact I don't even want to run or work out because of this pain, that is what made my decision to get this sons of bitches out of my mouth.

The appointment for surgery isn't until next Friday.............. so I have to suffer until then, honestly I don't know if I can....I am a sack of exhausted, emotional, painful crap right now and it's just sad..... and pathetic 

Okay, I'm done bitching and whining.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

JHC. What are you training for?

This is the training to prepare for the training 

It was supposed to go from 10k effort down to 5k effort, so not 4 miles at straight up 5k pace.  With the GPS being weird here, who knows what my paces really were

This is the training to prepare for the training 

It was supposed to go from 10k effort down to 5k effort, so not 4 miles at straight up 5k pace.  With the GPS being weird here, who knows what my paces really were

Ha. My training to prepare for the training so far is one easy run after another.

Dave

onemile

Ha. My training to prepare for the training so far is one easy run after another.

Addie wants to work on building volume now, with some strength-type runs before starting a marathon specific phase that will be 10-12 weeks.  I am not sure what volume she is thinking and I'm afraid to ask but this week is going to be at least 68-69 miles.

Addie wants to work on building volume now, with some strength-type runs before starting a marathon specific phase that will be 10-12 weeks.  I am not sure what volume she is thinking and I'm afraid to ask but this week is going to be at least 68-69 miles.

Wow. I hadn't been paying attention but just noticed you've already been 60+ the last couple weeks. Not screwing around. Like some of us.

Dave

onemile

Wow. I hadn't been paying attention but just noticed you've already been 60+ the last couple weeks. Not screwing around. Like some of us.

You just ran a marathon. I require 6 weeks of screwing around before I can think about training again after a marathon

LRB

I ran 6 on the belt.

it's 9:55 and I want to eat lunch.

Dave