Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins have One Voice!! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

In honor of National One Voice Day (and brother, couldn't our country use a little unity??), here's the Wailin' Jennys, with the song One Voice (not Barry Manilow, really, people!)

One Voice

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 7 or an RD.  I cannot wait to restart Pilates classes tomorrow!  My mom is going through brain surgery today (where have I heard that before?)  Sigh. Hubby is doing great post surgery, though.  Yay.

HopesMom, word.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Sending good vibes for your mom, D!!

From the Internet.

Morning!  I have either 7 or an RD.  I cannot wait to restart Pilates classes tomorrow!  My mom is going through brain surgery today (where have I heard that before?)  Sigh. Hubby is doing great post surgery, though.  Yay.

HopesMom, word.

It's still blowing my mind that he's recovering so fast following a 10.5 hour brain surgery! Modern medicine, man. Amazing. Good thoughts for your mom, as mentioned in the other dailies.

I ran 9.5 total, 7.5 of it a tempo with my club - 5 with a pack, and the last 2.5 alone with coach timing me from his car, lol. No other marathon training crazies at my pace today. 7:50 average for the tempo miles, so I comfortably earned a slight unofficial 10K PR on a training run and now I *really* need to find a late fall 10K race for redemption.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I'd say a race is in order!! 

Docket_Rocket

It's still blowing my mind that he's recovering so fast following a 10.5 hour brain surgery! Modern medicine, man. Amazing. Good thoughts for your mom, as mentioned in the other dailies.

I ran 9.5 total, 7.5 of it a tempo with my club - 5 with a pack, and the last 2.5 alone with coach timing me from his car, lol. No other marathon training crazies at my pace today. 7:50 average for the tempo miles, so I comfortably earned a slight unofficial 10K PR on a training run and now I *really* need to find a late fall 10K race for redemption.

He has not started running because I am watching him.  I went out for 15 minutes today and he went to Walgreens (by car), FFS!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page