Beginners and Beyond

Sick Monday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I know DR is sick.  Anyone else?  I haven't run since last Tuesday and it still looks like another rest day for me.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

I have not run since last Tuesday either but might run today.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

RD for me today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yep, also still sick.  I do have a dr appointment on Wednesday, which was supposed to be just a checkup, but I will have had the Pernicious Crud for three weeks by then, so hoping the doc has some suggestions.  One more quartet gig tonight (singing with this stuff has been an adventure) and then I can relax a little, until chorus coaching this Saturday ... tis the season!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

I am doing my baby streak runs, but I'm not sick. Smile

We went to Portland yesterday to do our annual family shopping trip.  That plus the 14 hour day I worked on Satruday and I'm wiped out already and it's just Monday.

Ginny, nice LR!

Saph, DR, and HsM- Feel better!

PAD- Enjoy the RD!

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins.

I'm sorry so many of you are unwell.   Jill, Damaris, Hopesmom; sending healing thoughts your way.

PAD, enjoy the rest.

Zel, a 14-hr day?! And then shopping.  I'm tired just reading about it. 

Life is a little complicated right now because my 22yo wrecked her Jeep on Friday.  (she is fine!)  But we have to figure out how to get everybody where they need to be - school, work, airport, Costco, etc!  We don't have rental car coverage on our policy, so we need to wait & see what the liability determination is so she can hopefully get a rental.   It's just a pain.  So that's my day.  I'll try to get a run in this afternoon.  Still dealing with the PF too.  Doesn't seem to be getting any better or worse.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I am not physically sick.

RD for me but today after work I am driving up to pick up DD1 from university.  It's a three and a half hour drive but I am looking forward to it. She has a late final tonight so I have a hotel and in the morning I am going to run some intervals on the track. It will be nice to take a day off from work to bring her home.

See ya.

From the Internet.

>52 miles two weeks ago, 50 miles last week. My legs are getting a break today because they've been so good. But I am stressed so maybe I'll go out for a streak mile. Yesterday on the highway my car made a scary version of a vibration-y sound that it's been making for a few months. I had been hoping it was just my old very-worn-out tires, but I just got new wheels and tires put on so now I suspect it might be a failing wheel bearing.

Obviously I'm going to stress-bake some cookies while I wonder how I'm going to pay for that and if it's even safe to drive it to the dealer D: I have delegated my lab work to other people, just going to stay home and write/make figures today.

GinnyinPA

I'm sorry so many of you are still sick.  Rest and get well.

PAD - enjoy your RD.  When is your race?

Z - that sounds like an exhausting day.  Enjoy your baby streak run today.

Allison - sorry the foot is still hurting.  I'm glad your daughter is okay, but I know how scary it is when that happens.  We got a phone call at 2:00 a.m. once.  The first words out of DHs's daughter were, "I'm all right."  She wasn't completely and the car was totaled, but ever since I've hated middle of the night calls.

Jack - enjoy your day off and the chance to see your daughter today.

Lauren - I hope you are able to get your car looked at today.  Have fun baking cookies.

AFM:  either a rest day or a few recovery miles late this afternoon.  DH has a doctor's appointment and we've got errands, so it depends on how soon we get done.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did a 5K on Saturday and then was supposed to do one on Saturday night too....but by the time I got home from San Marcos, did some stuff, etc., I just felt reaally tired, so I decided not to push it and just was DNS for the night-time 5K. Probably a good choice, because I slept in late on Sunday, had a good breakfast and then went out and ran at 2 pm Sunday afternoon and had a great run/walk in beautiful weather - 70 degrees, sunny, light wind - along trails in a park wearing my shorts and a singlet; it was SWEEEET.  My kinda running, I much prefer it warmer than cooler.

RD for me today, then back at it tomorrow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

I'm sending healing thoughts to all the sick Penguins, and some autos also!

i didn't run at all over the weekend.  DH decided to drive home from VA and since he made the 5-hour drive to spend time with me I didn't want to leave him at home alone while I ran. He left Sunday morning, but by then it was time for me to go down to Philly and meet my daughters for some shopping and early dinner.

Today I went out with the plan to do 4 hilly miles. Then I saw a new (paved) trail that I had to investigate. That trail got me to five miles, so I just went another mile so I can count it as a LR. I'm not sure I'm ready for a 6 mile hilly LR....I might be sore tomorrow.

PADRunner

PAD - enjoy your RD.  When is your race?

It's Sunday.

It might rain it might not.