Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Sundailies (Read 51 times)

Kick it in the ass, onemile!

Dave

LRB

Apparently, you have to run with your phone in order to be tracked there. Unless I am doing something wrong, which is entirely possible. I downloaded the stupid app but still, nothing.

Good luck onemile!

Not terribly sore today surprisingly. Taking an SRD though. I got my milkshake last night and it was amazing!

Results are posted. I took 6th (I mistakenly said 5th yesterday). There were some fast people. The top 20 were 1:30 and below runners.

Anyone else feel sick as hell in their stomach after racing a HM? Its happened to me every race. I always thought it was the gels. I didn't use gels this time and got the same feeling all day afterwards.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

Anyone else feel sick as hell in their stomach after racing a HM? Its happened to me every race. I always thought it was the gels. I didn't use gels this time and got the same feeling all day afterwards.

Of all the possible running injuries and afflictions, I've never felt ill before, during or after a race. It's been debated that you haven't truly raced until you feel sick and if that's the case, I've never raced. Boo.

delicate flower

'Morning. I had a 90 minute run than included 2 x 10 minute tempo (6:33 avg pace). I ran 13.1 miles because I'm not going to come close to that and not complete that distance. Anyway, 6:56 avg for the run. Da fuck is happening to me??

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm happy that onemile is able to get a marathon in, and not let her training go to waste.

I had to dig up a whole lot of will power this morning to drag my ass out of bed..... and then out the door.....

Then, I feared that Jetta and I were going to have to cut it short when it started raining a bit more and more. But in the end we got our 13 miles in.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Apparently, you have to run with your phone in order to be tracked there. Unless I am doing something wrong, which is entirely possible. I downloaded the stupid app but still, nothing.

That's the conclusion I came to. Maybe onemile ran with her phone, right? Ha. I've instead been refreshing the results page, but nothing yet, even though people must have finished by now. Including onemile - it was a 7:00 CT start. Are we going to have to wait till she actually posts here? What's the world coming to??

MTA: I'm an hour off. Nevermind. 

Dave

Only right at the finish, but never anything lingering, other than just not being too hungry right away.

Everyone's different.

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's the conclusion I came to. Maybe onemile ran with her phone, right? Ha. I've instead been refreshing the results page, but nothing yet, even though people must have finished by now. Including onemile - it was a 7:00 CT start. Are we going to have to wait till she actually posts here? What's the world coming to??

I popped in here to see if anyone was tracking her.  I'd go find her on my bike, but it's fucking cold out there!

Also, it's only 9:30am here.  If she's done by now with a 7am start, she'd better have won the whole fucking thing by a wide margin.  Wink

Running is dumb.

I popped in here to see if anyone was tracking her.  I'd go find her on my bike, but it's fucking cold out there!

Also, it's only 9:30am here.  If she's done by now with a 7am start, she'd better have won the whole fucking thing by a wide margin.  Wink

Yeah, I just figured that out, I appear to be having a problem with my brain function.

Winner is now in at 2:22, which is a nice time but wouldn't have won the race point in the miles game last week.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 18 TM miles coming up.

LRB, yeah, you can't track through RaceJoy without a phone, FTS.  Stupid app.  She wasn't running with her phone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

GO ONEMILE!

I don't use caps often, but I think this is a worthy occasion.

Ran 20 K this morning, which brings my weekend total to 50K, or 31 miles, about half my week (been lazy-ing off).

Got some yard work to do. Hopefully I'll come back to a race result.

Docket_Rocket

I'm refreshing the results continuously to wait until I can see her there. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

It looks like Madison is only showing finisher times as they cross.  They are up to 2:46, so probably another 20-25 minutes until we see onemile's time.  I've got four friends doing Bucks County today too and it's the same deal for that race.  Hmph.  What's with these stone age trackers?

<3

delicate flower

And the Madison results have not updated in 15 minutes.  God dammit.

<3