Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 23 times)

49 degrees and drizzly—where TF is spring? Not in my step certainly; set the tone with a 10:30 first mile, and got a little better from there but only because it could not have gotten much worse. Total 7 miles, finishing with 10 very lackluster strides.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

49F is Spring weather!

RD for me with just Pilates. I might lift after work but not sure yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

49 degrees and drizzly—where TF is spring? Not in my step certainly; set the tone with a 10:30 first mile, and got a little better from there but only because it could not have gotten much worse. Total 7 miles, finishing with 10 very lackluster strides.

3 flat, slightly elevated, regular workday warmup.
        waited till it started to drizzle to start the run as it was 75 when I got up at 5 this morning😐  where TF is Spring?

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

8 and change for me. Upper 50s, no wind, very pleasant.

Yesterday was an off day for me as we had DD crew regatta in Grand Rapids. 4am wake-up so I could take the dog to MIL, 6am departure. On the way west, we saw a crash scene on the eastbound side of I-96. It looked bad, like a head on collision, which would be odd for a freeway. Today in the paper was the story...wrong way, drunk driver who ended up dead. The other driver survived but is in the hospital.

Left GR at 4pm and, instead of a 2 hour ride home, spent 3 hours due to heavy rain and several accidents along the way. Then, our carry-our dinner order took longer than expected. I was toast, post-dinner and dog walk, and asleep by 9:45!

delicate flower

YO.  2700 yard swim done.  7.1 mile run done.  It is beautiful outside here.  65 degrees, sunny, light breeze, and no humidity.

<3

onemile

49 degrees and drizzly—where TF is spring? 

are you expecting warmer or colder or what? That sounds exactly like spring to me.  

sdWhiskers

It looked bad, like a head on collision, which would be odd for a freeway. Today in the paper was the story...wrong way, drunk driver who ended up dead. The other driver survived but is in the hospital.

This sadly happens almost weekly here. They've installed sensors on exit ramps to provide alerts if a car enters a freeway going the wrong way. Back when travel was a thing, I always worried about it heading to the airport in early morning.

sdWhiskers

5 miles. Almost did not get out of bed. Bottom of my foot has been sore, internets says probably plantar fasciitis. If I ignore it, it'll go away, right?

4 day work week! Which just means squishing 5 days of work into 4 

are you expecting warmer or colder or what? That sounds exactly like spring to me.  

Well usually around here by the end of May it should be warmer and sunnier.

Dave

onemile

Well usually around here by the end of May it should be warmer and sunnier.

we had overnight lows near 70 the past 3 days. Want to trade? 

we had overnight lows near 70 the past 3 days. Want to trade? 

No thanks. I’m not too worried, I’m sure it’ll warm up in time for my race. 

Dave

Cyberic

12 miles in glorious cool and dry weather. Humidity started to fall during my run yesterday when it started to rain. DP was 62 at the beginning of my run, about 54 by the time I finished and kept going down all day. This morning temp was 50 degrees with a DP of 37 . Thankfully the July weather in May only lasted a couple of days.

RunningOnSand

and no humidity.

MN is making up for your lack of humidity. Big grin 

Luckily for me, though, it was a RD so I did weights and a 3.5 mile walk with my siblings while sipping on a coffee. It was pretty damn nice.

onemile

12 miles in glorious cool and dry weather. Humidity started to fall during my run yesterday when it started to rain. DP was 62 at the beginning of my run, about 54 by the time I finished and kept going down all day. This morning temp was 50 degrees with a DP of 37 . Thankfully the July weather in May only lasted a couple of days.

Our July weather goes through Weds and then things look great

Docket_Rocket

Our July weather goes through Weds and then things look great

Ours look great on Saturday and then back to the mid to high 80s by next Tuesday. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page