Beginners and Beyond

Lucid SunDAILIES (Read 24 times)

LRB

I have had some of the most vivid dreams in the past few days. Not sure if it's connected to the moon or what but it sure makes dealing with insomnia much more tolerable!

LRB

It's gray and dreary out. I'll be looking to have my run done before noon....hopefully.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran an aggressive 14 today.  The weather was almost race-ideal at a constant low-50-degree range.  The light rain in miles 6-7 was no bother.  The steady rain in the last two miles, which turned heavy for the last ½ mile was something I could have done without.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Rest day, was plan to do a little 3 on flat but Mr. and Mrs. Thunderstorms talked me out of it.   Did minuscule warmup on the recumbent bike instead.

Work day

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran a 9.825 mile virtual race this morning in 1:07:50 (6:54 pace).  I hit my goal but I can do better.  I've got eight more days in the race window and may try again, or not.  Ran a two mile cool down to hit my 12 mile assignment for today.  I may hop on the bike trainer later for a shakeout spin.

40.3 miles for the week, and it feels like a small miracle that I got all of my scheduled miles in.  My mid week was rough.

<3

Cyberic

Ran over 2 hours again. 3rd day in a row. Met a friend on the mountain, and decided to turn around and run with him for a while.

80.3 for the week.

delicate flower

Ran over 2 hours again. 3rd day in a row. Met a friend on the mountain, and decided to turn around and run with him for a while.

80.3 for the week.

NICE.

<3

Cyberic

NICE.

Thanks. No real fatigue either, as most of the miles were at a leasurely pace. Not the same effort I'll be putting in in a couple of months, but keeping the tendons and ligaments well oiled and ready for the harder training to come 

Cyberic

'Morning!  I ran a 9.825 mile virtual race this morning in 1:07:50 (6:54 pace).  I hit my goal but I can do better.  I've got eight more days in the race window and may try again, or not.  Ran a two mile cool down to hit my 12 mile assignment for today.  I may hop on the bike trainer later for a shakeout spin.

40.3 miles for the week, and it feels like a small miracle that I got all of my scheduled miles in.  My mid week was rough.

That's an odd distance. Is it 16K?

Might not be the best you can do, but it's still a great effort!

Docket_Rocket

Only weights for me today. Knee did well after my 2 miles yesterday. It's windy and we've lost power twice since last night, so it's not a day to be outside and my TM still does not work.

My weekly mileage for Cy: 2.

LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

That's an odd distance. Is it 16K?

Might not be the best you can do, but it's still a great effort!

Technically it is a 3/8th marathon.  The in-person race is a Quarter Marathon (6.55 miles) and is a two loop course.  So, this 9.825 miler represents three loops.   They offered equivalents of one, two, or three loop virtual races, or all three which is what I chose.  I still need to do the other two but wanted to do the longest one first.

<3

Cyberic

Technically it is a 3/8th marathon.  The in-person race is a Quarter Marathon (6.55 miles) and is a two loop course.  So, this 9.825 miler represents three loops.   They offered equivalents of one, two, or three loop virtual races, or all three which is what I chose.  I still need to do the other two but wanted to do the longest one first.

Definitely an odd distance, lol ! But it's a good distance in the sense that for us, it's pretty close to the definition of Threshold pace (a pace you can hold for an hour). A little long, but closer than a HM or a 10K. I've never tried a race in that effort range.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 and strength training. 28.1 for the week. No nosebleed today.

sdWhiskers

3.5 miles, 40 for the week

Winter is definitely over now. High 84 and we're heading to the beach.

delicate flower

Definitely an odd distance, lol ! But it's a good distance in the sense that for us, it's pretty close to the definition of Threshold pace (a pace you can hold for an hour). A little long, but closer than a HM or a 10K. I've never tried a race in that effort range.

That's what it felt like.  I feel like a sub-1:30 HM is right in my wheelhouse now and I am hoping I'll find out in May.  Also, thanks!

<3