Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Groundhog Day Monday..Is It Spring Yet? (Read 21 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning all!

If it's Monday, SRD for me.  If it's Tuesday, I slept through my run. Oh well...

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Except for the New England ass-hats winning in the last seconds of the game (other than that, it was a pretty great game, right down to the wire), it was a "beautiful" weekend for me, with a 5K done on Saturday - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/e664282b1c0b4587b7658e043ba06b3b/resume#focus - and a VERY hilly 7K done on Sunday - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6a13f632e81a416986746f833774f547/resume#focus .   Kinda rainy weather on Saturday, and foggy weather on Sunday, but then Sunday afternoon became very nice with lots of sun and 62 degrees.

Today, San Antonio is back to windy and chilly weather - 39 degrees right now - with a high today of only 53.  I wish Mother Nature would make up her freakin' mind about whether we are going to be cold or warm!  This back-and-forth stuff is really getting old.  Lots of people in my area with coughs, sniffles, flu, etc.  Thankfully, I am not one of them.   Today is a rest day for me and then tomorrow back at it with my run/walks.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning all!

If it's Monday, SRD for me.  If it's Tuesday, I slept through my run. Oh well...

Duhhh...I am a day ahead of myself, lol.  Title corrected.

on my way to badass

Good day after Super Bowl Penguins! We're expecting upward of 16 inches of snow. Snow day. DH and DS home from work and school.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Good morning!  I am up early again for an early meeting.  I do know that none of the Oregon groundhogs will be seeing their shadows today.  I get to try out my new shoes when I run later.  Probably 8.

Kathleen- Enjoy the RD!

Scotty- Busy weekend for you!  Enjoy the warm weather. Wink

SF- Hope you guys enjoy the snow day!

hog4life

Hey all, baby is here at 5 lbs 1 oz by C-section.  I post a pic later when I'm "allowed". My son is kind of weird like that, so he wants to be the first to post pics. Baby and momma are doing good, although they will both be staying in the hospital for a little while.

I'm planning a interval run after coffee and PM. I'll be heading over to check on my FIL tomorrow. He went for a second opinion on his cancer, had some blood work and a CT done, and tomorrow is more blood work and for an appointment for the oncologist to tell him results on the film.

Zel, I like the shoes.

I hope every one is doing well.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD.

tracilynn

SRD but doing squat therapy to prevent ITB bullcrap. My goal is to eventually build up to being able to do ONE  REAL pistol squat but first I'm supposed to be able to do 20 full body squats with my feet together. I'm not even close.  BLAH.

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

Zel-I like the shoes! Mitch-Congrats! I got 6 done and I am ahead of my goal pace bunny for the year and the month. Also, streak is still alive.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

GinnyinPA

Scotty - love the picture.  Enjoy your rest day.

Kathleen, Jack and Tracy - have a good rest day.

SF - Yikes, I hope you don't actually get that much snow.  Stay safe.

Z - enjoy your 8 later, and your nice new shoes.  Are they stability or neutral?

Mitch -Congratulations on the baby.   I hope they have some good news for your FIL  Good luck with the intervals.

Today is supposed to be XT day, but company is here, so it may not happen.

From the Internet.

SRD - snow day. Shoveling at some point, doing my PT exercises at some point. I might need to get my own treadmill next year.

Duhhh...I am a day ahead of myself, lol.  Title corrected.

Tee hee. 

H4L - Congratulations. Doesn't get any better than new grand babies!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I have had a very busy day.  We arrived at midnight yesterday, only to find Sammy had escaped in our absence (my neighbor brought her midday), Hershey pooped our bed, and Trixie had been vomiting all night.  So, Trixie is at the vet, I took today off and now waiting to hear when can I pick her up.  RD from running, so Pilates in a few hours and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Kathleen, Scotty, Jack, Traci, Ginny, Lauren and Damaris - enjoy the running rest day.  I will join you!

Let's see, who does that leave who's actually running today? Wink  Zel, Mitch, SF, enjoy the run!