Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping in Saturdailies? (Read 30 times)

Wheres everyone at? Its 8:30 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Gonna be hot out there today. Met up with my friend this am for a nice LR. Ran 11.25mi 8:29avg. Hoping this easier run will freshen me up to hammer some hard workouts next week...we'll see. Heading out with the family in a bit to pick some blueberries at a local farm. Should be fun.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Well yeah you'll be able to hammer out the workouts...you've been kicking some ass, Jay!!! Nice run this morning.

I slept in til 8:45, am now having some coffee, am thinking about a bagel, and will run 12 miles today. On the 'mill b/c our weather is soupy and hot.

Cyberic

11.8 miles on the mountain again with Karine. I thought she's very nice. I'm not sure what she thought of me, though. We'll see if she always finds excusea not to run with me from now on 

Docket_Rocket

I actually woke up super early worried about something that was nothing really.  So, I went to run errands and now I'm back home waiting for hubby to come back from the hospital so we can go watch Jurassic World.

I have 4 miles and weights.  If i can run the miles I missed Thursday, I will.  If not, that's fine.  I'm fucking sore from all the weights at OTF Thursday, but it's gotten better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Last day of vacation.  Making a slow drive up the Alaskan coast back to Anchorage to catch our flight tomorrow.  We'll stop for some sight seeing during the drive today.  I'd love to fit a run in today but I don't know if that'll happen.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 101 muggy miles.  RA says it was nearly 10k feet of elevation gain, and my legs won't dispute that.  This was my third century of the year, and was my fastest.  I'm tired and hungry, and am not going to do anything too intense the rest of the day.

Have a great rest of the day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Awesome job PR.

onemile

sdWhiskers

5.4 super humid miles this morning. DH and I are running a 10k on Wed so I added some 10k pace intervals into the mix. 2x1 park loop (0.42 miles) then 2x half loop with equal recovery. Did the "speed" part at a park because we're out in the country where they don't get too many runners and wanted to be safe. Sure enough, had an ass hole in a giant pickup truck swerve over and almost run me over during the short run to the park. Fucking redneck.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

A little less than 6 for me this morning after a 3-day layoff trying to get an annoying foot pain to subside.  It's improved, but not better.  Will have to run early tomorrow as we're anticipating a high of 99 with dew point of 69 (yuck).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

onemile

11.8 miles on the mountain again with Karine. I thought she's very nice. I'm not sure what she thought of me, though. We'll see if she always finds excusea not to run with me from now on 

At least you took it easy on her instead of making her try to run at a 7:30-45 pace like my LR running partner. 

Runshortii

5.4 super humid miles this morning. DH and I are running a 10k on Wed so I added some 10k pace intervals into the mix. 2x1 park loop (0.42 miles) then 2x half loop with equal recovery. Did the "speed" part at a park because we're out in the country where they don't get too many runners and wanted to be safe. Sure enough, had an ass hole in a giant pickup truck swerve over and almost run me over during the short run to the park. Fucking redneck.

I live in the country too, I feel your pain.

i ran 5. It was 93 with a real feel of 103 and humid as balls. On the bright side the temp of 79 tomorrow at my 10K should be a breeze?

Cyberic

At least you took it easy on her instead of making her try to run at a 7:30-45 pace like my LR running partner. 

How's that working out for you? Still running with him?

I'll be running with Karine again tomorrow. Nice to have a running buddy. I don't know how that'll work out once I start following a stupid plan 

onemile

How's that working out for you? Still running with him?

I'll be running with Karine again tomorrow. Nice to have a running buddy. I don't know how that'll work out once I start following a stupid plan 

We had plans to run together the weekend before last but he cancelled (I was kind of relieved because a fast long run plus 2 workouts is too much for me!) and then I went on vacation. He's been asking when we can run together again. I want to keep it up because I think he can help me with my long run workouts which will start up soon.  I think he would gladly run any workout with me and he's faster and fitter