Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 54 times)

Morning!

I don't know about you all, but I'm anxious to getting back to talking about running. And other stuff.

Fla - you are a machine, you are going to have to make your log public sometime for us nosy folks.

Basya - nice early run, and diggin' the new avi pic!

Marj - better check your log today, it is going to automatically populate a 10 point something, you will have to go in & manually zero it out.

Babs - if you think it's hard to keep yourself from running now, imagine when you do start running, how hard it's going to be to limit your miles!

D2 - I am really looking forward to when it's not too cold or dark for early AM runs around here.

SIAR - way to get those miles in early, and leave something to complete the double later. Sounds like you are back into the swing of things!

Planning 6 at lunchtime today.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

I reposted the pushup streaker group on my FB wall.

Pushup streaking, that sounds like it could be uncomfortable.

Dave

BruceD555

Today is just a short 4 mile recovery run that I'll work in sometime this afternoon/evening. Last night's intervals went great but were the final bit of Pfitz's speed work before race day. Now I've got to keep myself busy doing something to avoid the effects of taper.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning everyone !

Ran 5.26 yesterday and plan on doing 7 today.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Robert, nothing slips by you. Yes, there is an increase; I'm up to forty from thirty-five. My triceps and shoulders (I do the push-ups military-style), and even my abs, have benefitted. I remember when I had trouble doing three.

Dave, enjoy your eight to nine tonight. That reminds me. I should buy a pull-up bar for my doorway. Pull-ups would be an excellent addition to my daily routine.

Phil, I hope that the weather stays nice, so that you can run outside.

Scott, good luck with the appointment tomorrow.

Shari, enjoy your run and massage.

SIAR, ten miles already?!? Damn, you're good. Which marathon will you run?

SUSchnauzer, smoking 7.05. Just how much adrenaline was there?

Oski, have a great three-miler with your coworker.

DaveP MI, have a great lunchtime run.

BruceD555, have a pleasant recovery run.

Gustav, have a sweet seven-miler.

I started my run shortly before 5:30 a.m.. I was surprised by how many people were out and how many honked, waved, gave me a thumbs-up, shouted words of encouragement. People are usually nice, but this was more.

Tonight, I'll head out for a few miles with the run club that meets at my LRS. I plan to wear the 4.15.13 bib.

LRB

Planning 6 at lunchtime today.

I have driven the Kayano 19's twice and can safely say that it is unfair to the Adrenalines to be compared to them.  The 19's are simply on another level.

But don't take my word for it, wear your running shoes to the running shop, try the 19's on and walk around in them for about five minutes, then put your shoes back on.  Take the difference in comfort you feel at that very moment then times it by a factor of 25 for how it will feel when you are running in the 19's.

Now, I still need to see how they work out long term, but so far, me a happy boy!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...thanks. I'm running Glass City (Toledo, Oh), next Sunday. Fortunately, I'm over the craziness I was having last week.

DaveP...thanks. I'm coming around, and am darn happy for that. Have a good 6 for lunch.

Bruce...home stretch - nice! I'm sure you'll be good.

Gustav...nice running!

LRB...okay, okay, who got a job at Asics?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Pinktastic

Good Morning My Running Friends!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful morning!!

Flarunner – Thanks for starting us out this morning!!   Nice run this morning!

Damaris – I hope your RD is relaxing.   And, may your court proceedings go in your favor all day!!

Marjorie – You are such a machine with double digit runs every day that I didn’t really think you needed rest days.   I’m sure your body will thank you for the rest today by running fabulously for the remainder of the week!!

Basya – Great run this morning!!   You are so steady with your workouts – it’s very inspiring!!   I’m glad to hear that people have come together and are supporting one another there – that’s fabulous!!    Have a great group run tonight!!

Robert – Have a fantastic rest day!!

Dave2 – Do you coach your child’s t-ball team?   Enjoy your run after practice!!

Phil – 20 days til you run again – it seems like a short amount of time compared to where you’ve been, but since you’re feeling so great, I’m sure it still seems like FOREVER!   Have a great ride after work!!

Sparker – Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow and that you get things figured out!!

Shari – Ohhhh….    A massage?  That sounds Pinklightful!!!   Have a great day!!

SIAR – Way to get in a double digit run in the pre-dawn time frame!!   Have a fabulous run with the group tonight!!

Sus – Welcome back!  I’ve missed you!!   It looks like your running is going fabulously!!   Keep up the great work!!

Oski – Enjoy your lunch-time run with your co-worker!!  Hope it’s nice and sunny for your run!!

Dave P – Are you planning to run outside or on the TM at lunch?   Either way, have an outstanding run!!

Bruce – Hope the taper crazies don’t affect you too badly!!   Good luck keeping that run in the recovery pace today!!

Gustav – Nice run yesterday!   Hope that your 7 today are Pinksational!!

LRB – Thanks for the Kayano endorsement!   I’m glad that they’re working out for you!!  Have a super Pinklightful day!!

I didn't want to get up this morning, and I REALLY had to talk myself into it.   But, I did manage 3.55 hot and humid miles (73 degrees with 78% humidity).   At least the sun was beating down on me and making it feel more sauna-like.    :-)

Have a peaceful and productive day!!   And, may your next run be the one that inspires you to reach for even higher goals!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

I have driven the Kayano 19's twice and can safely say that it is unfair to the Adrenalines to be compared to them.  The 19's are simply on another level.

But don't take my word for it, wear your running shoes to the running shop, try the 19's on and walk around in them for about five minutes, then put your shoes back on.  Take the difference in comfort you feel at that very moment then times it by a factor of 25 for how it will feel when you are running in the 19's.

Now, I still need to see how they work out long term, but so far, me a happy boy!

Too many options! My Adrenaline GTS12's are at 366 miles. With my regular mileage & rotation, they will probably be at least >500 come marathon time. If I am going to do something, I guess it better be soon. Sounds like I need to be paying a little visit to the LRS.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning!  I think I will walk today and rest the knee a bit.  Hoping to go to running club tomorrow though!

Ball of Fury

SRD for me today....boring!!

SIAR:  Glad you are feeling better and over the craziness!  Did I miss a report about how it went for you pacing the HM last weekend?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wed is usually a non-running day for me but I'm trying to gradually build up to 5 days a week running instead of my usual 4 days a week, so I may do a short run today after work, followed by a weight training circuit. With my move to 5 days a week, I think I will do that only every other week to start out, let my old body get used to it again.  Really nasty looking day here in San Antonio, very humid, dark clouds everywhere.  Have to look at the weather report.....if thunderstorms are predicted for after work, then I may try to get out of the office around lunch time for a run around the university campus, then just work a bit late to make up the extra time I take for my lunch time run.

Congrats on the 8 miles, flarunner.

SRD, uh huh, sure it is, Damaris....

Dang, marjorie, I was way off on my guess today then:  .6  I should've guessed ZERO.   Enjoy your rest day....got to take care of those Great  Legs!

Nice running Basya!  I WISH I could do a 10K in an hour, lol; and you did more than 10K distance.

Enjoy the rest day, Robert.  Lots of folks seem to be resting today.

Happy running, Dave, in your nice weather.

The way you are keeping active, Phil, that 20 days will pass quickly.  Good luck!

Sorry about the knee, Sparker, hope you get some good news at your appointment.  Meanwhile...copy Phil in his workouts.  Big grin

Hope your miles went well, Step.  Enjoy that massage!

Dang,SIAR, 10 miles already at 5 a.m.!   Way to go!  Good luck with your 5 miles tonite.

SUSchnauzer, nice seeing you here too!  I try to keep up with RW forums too, as well as here.  Great folks at both places.

Good luck with the lunchtime 6, DaveP!

Happy recovery run, Bruce.  Has Spring arrived for you yet?

LRB, I did not realize you run in the Kayanos.  What size do you wear?   I got a pair and tried them....hated them!  Did not work for me at all.   So now they are sitting on the shelf.  Kayano 15, size 9.5, medium width.  Have about 30 miles on them.  Still almost brand new.  So if that's your size and you want them, let me know. Someone might as well be getting some use out of them.    If you feel guilty Wink about getting them for free, then just send me a pair of my favorite shorts, size XL - http://www.raceready.com/mens-running-shorts/2501LD.html.  That's a good deal, right?  A pair of shorts for some Kayanos....

Sarah, your morning weather sounds like ours here in San Antonio...which figures, since you're in Texas too.  I think we missed our Spring altogether in Texas and went right to summer, gaaack!

Enjoy your rest day, AmiK.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

The broward federal courthouse had an emergency and we were all evacuated.  I am OK but not sure what's going on.  My car is still inside.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

D- Hope everything is OK!

Hip Redux

The broward federal courthouse had an emergency and we were all evacuated.  I am OK but not sure what's going on.  My car is still inside.

news is reporting it's a gas leak?  MTA - Nope - sorry, that was an earlier report.

I hope everything is ok!!