Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

We know nothing.  Firemen arrived.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

D:  I hope everything is ok!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The broward federal courthouse had an emergency and we were all evacuated.  I am OK but not sure what's going on.  My car is still inside.

Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this and hope it is not anything serious!  Crazy damn world.  Unfortunately,  after the tragic events of Monday, I bet we are going to see a lot more of the nuts coming out of the woodwork and doing this kind of stuff,   with several probably doing 'prank' calls, etc.   Very sad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SRD for me today....boring!!

SIAR:  Glad you are feeling better and over the craziness!  Did I miss a report about how it went for you pacing the HM last weekend?

Nothing wrong with boring every once in a while (even on a Friday night, or so I tell myself). That was nice of you to remember my race. I didn't do a report, but just put a little blurb on here. It was a great day and event though. I helped a few people, particularly the 2nd female and a couple guys, through most of the race. I felt really strong, and my body was very cooperative. That and finally getting consistent runs in has really backed me off the ledge.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

OK. Somebody smelled smoke so they reported a fire.  No fire so we are allowed back in.  off to the other federal building where I hope therr is no alarm because that's 12 floors down.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The broward federal courthouse had an emergency and we were all evacuated.  I am OK but not sure what's going on.  My car is still inside.

Yikes! Be safe.

Pink, queen of personals and smiles....nice to see ya! Good job in the sauna. It was sticky here too.

Scotty...what are you doing adding another day? Be well and don't push too much!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ball of Fury

D:  That's good to hear!

SIAR:  Sounds like a great race...glad you are back off the ledge and didn't jump Big grin

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

thanks!  As soon as they allowed us back in I got the fuck out of there.

I called my dad and told him, see?  My work is more

dangerous than doing marathons.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yikes! Be safe.

Pink, queen of personals and smiles....nice to see ya! Good job in the sauna. It was sticky here too.

Scotty...what are you doing adding another day? Be well and don't push too much!

Shhhhh, don't tell my doctors....  Joking

I will take it very easy...and if it does get to be too much, then back to the 4-day schedule.  SIGH. It's hell getting old and decrepit.....  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

Hey everyone. Rest day for me today, but I'll be doing my ITB rehab and some home strength training. Coming up with a plan today to build my base mileage so I can restart marathon training. Slowly this time though Smile A little nervous, I have a half next weekend and my longest run up to this point has been six miles (I signed up months ago before I got hurt). I'd really like to do a 12 mile run tomorrow but I'm nervous I might trigger my IT band again. On the flip side, on the good halts I ran I tanked the last 5k due to low mileage. Thoughts?

Docket_Rocket

I would attempt the 12 miler but if the ITB gives you issues, cut it short.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Basya, love the new profile pic. You should check out the streak group Damaris reposted on FB. I'm a member and for the past 52? Maybe 53? days I've done at least 2 miles, 50 pushups, and 50 situps every day.

SIAR, glad you're finally feeling better. It's good to have you back here in good spirits.

Schnauzer, hi!

Jess, I wouldn't try for 12. Maybe 8 or 9?

Everyone else, hi! Sorry I don't have time for personals. It took me awhile just to read all the posts, LOL.

The massage therapist is here today so I'm going to have her work on my calves and hamstrings when it's time for my appointment. They're always tight and she's a miracle worker. Tonight I'm running 6 miles in honor of Krystle Campbell.

Mmmmm...beer

Pink, I don't coach, just watch and enjoy.  They were so cute at their first game on Saturday, everyone had a blast.  At this level they don't keep score and everyone gets to bat and play the field, so it's just fun.

Damaris, glad it wasn't anything serious. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Apparently there was a mini electrical fire, so it was not a false alarm.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And yes, Basya,  you should join.

Damaris

Fundraising Page