Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 54 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

late checking in and on my smartphone so no personals. spin class this morning.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

That is fine.  I still sometimes feel like I might use it but at some point in time I realized it was more of a crutch than actually providing me any benefits.  Mine is mild so I"m sure that has something to do with it.  Finishing that 5K without albuterol was really a great deal to me, more than the slow time.

Welcome home Fuzzy!!!!

Great job everyone who got out today, or getting out later.

6.37 miles at lunchtime, 8:34 pace. Beautiful day, 50 & sunny, actually feeling some warmth from the sun. Actually got into such a zone that I accidentally passed my usual cutoff for 6 & ended up going a bit farther. I have also been getting a higher than usual number of honks & waves in the last 2 days.

Damaris: forgot the pre-run albuterol, but did fine. Felt a wee bit of tightness, but nothing major. Actually felt it more after I finished, and took it then. I think I'll stick with it....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Dave, also, it took me a few weeks to actually feel fine during runs without albuterol.  My first 2-4 miles are my slowest.  If you run by HR, and you want to experiment, try to do a run without albuterol but keep the first 1-2 miles at 65-70% HR.

I also heard arrest was imminent, and some have said they arrested him.  We'll know soon enough but I agree with Basya, hope we caught the right fucker.

Well, she didn't say it in those words....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris is everything ok at work now?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I'm not in that building any more.  It was a small fire in the elevator (meaning the old elevator motor caught fire).  Some smoke and people went OMG!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

I am a long time lurker and some of you know me from the Penguin group. Can you use one more daily poster? I like the comradery this group offers, as well as the advice and tips from more experienced runners. I am not great at personals but only because I am always busy with my kids' activities, sports, practices, etc...

Hip Redux

Hi Dailies...

I am a long time lurker and some of you know me from the Penguin group. Can you use one more daily poster? I like the comradery this group offers, as well as the advice and tips from more experienced runners. I am not great at personals but only because I am always busy with my kids' activities, sports, practices, etc...

Welcome!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi, Jack! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Jack!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did get in a run at lunch-time.  Stupid weather-person said it would not rain until after 5 pm today.   Wrong!  During my run the wind picked up and we had a passing shower, so I got a bit wet.  Which actually felt pretty good as I ran at 12:30 pm and the temp was 78 degrees, with 85% humidity.    I ended up doing 5K distance, nice and easy, with one short 'stop' on my route....because the other thing that happened on my run... I ran into a bus!   A STOPPED bus.  Blush    The UTSA campus shuttle buses.....as shown below.....

.....drive and stop all over campus at various places, giving campus transportation to students, faculty, staff.   One was stopped at one of the stops.  I was running, looking down at my watch for a moment....looked up....the bus was RIGHT there....WHAM!  Right into the side of it I went, lol.  Knocked myself right on my keister.  Scared the hell outta the poor driver, she came flying off the bus to see what had happened.  She told me later she thought somebody had thrown something at her bus.    There was also a campus police guy in a nearby parking lot - doing speed checks, I guess, campus speed limit is 20 mph - and he came over to make sure I was all right.   Turns out I know the guy, see him around a lot on my campus runs. He helped me up, then he had me do some of those "drunk" tests, lol, I guess to make sure I was not dizzy, disoriented, etc.   I was fine...just gonna have a nice bruise where I impacted the bus.  Chuckling, my police friend said "You made my day..pretty boring till you showed up."  Gee, glad I could help. Joking   I bet every campus cop now - I'm very recognizable with what I wear when I run - will be laughing every time they see me out there.

SIIIIIGH.   Oh well, what can you do?  I just had to laugh at myself, it was just so damn silly...and typical Scottydog.  See, I know what REALLY caused it...that darn passing shower...my shoes got all wet, and so I slipped on wet road and this was the result.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it....  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi, Jack! Smile

You don't want to say that too loud anywhere near an airport! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dave, also, it took me a few weeks to actually feel fine during runs without albuterol.  My first 2-4 miles are my slowest.  If you run by HR, and you want to experiment, try to do a run without albuterol but keep the first 1-2 miles at 65-70% HR.

Yeah, that may be tough for me. I don't have a HR monitor, and my first mile or so is always way fast no matter what I try to do.

I may just try to go without when I plan 6 (generally my shortest), make an effort to go out slow, and make sure I am not too far from safety.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I think there lies the rub.  I don't think the bronchii are ready to tackle any fast running until at least 30 minutes.  I used to not warm up for 5Ks and now I do at least 3-4 miles and that helps my asthma.  SLOW DOWN!

Yeah, that may be tough for me. I don't have a HR monitor, and my first mile or so is always way fast no matter what I try to do.

I may just try to go without when I plan 6 (generally my shortest), make an effort to go out slow, and make sure I am not too far from safety.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.

You don't want to say that too loud anywhere near an airport! Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Welcome!!

You guys are too welcoming. Aren't we forgetting about the price of admission? Jack, please bring coffee and cupcakes tomorrow.